Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 WS6 Reaks Havoc@Rivergate Memphis,TN Rivergate

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 03:11 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 WS6 races@Rivergate Memphis,TN

Well i just got back from Rivergate. A local street racing area with 5 lanes and in the middle of nowhere! I have videos of all runs,ill try to post asap!
Heres all the cars i raced:
Naturally Aspirated Races:
03 Mustang GT-Vortech S/C 8psi,bolt ons
He couldnt drive,had 3 or so cars on him by 60mph! It was pathetic.
87 Mustang 5.0 Bolt ons,H/C,Nitrous
Beat him by 3 cars both cars all engine.Tryed to run again but his trans. broke,he was trying to spray off the line since i beat him first race! He was mad! lol
93 RX7 Twin Turbo-Blow off vavle
Gave 2 car spot and blew by real quick. Then let off.
2002 Camaro T76 Turbo,Bolt ons,Full roll cage,???
His car was Bad ***! But I blew his *** away outta the hole and never saw him again.He was bitchin,"i spun through 3rd gear" I told him i would run from a roll with me on spray. He wouldnt do it. He was talking so much **** though. He just couldnt accept he lost!

Only run on the spray and man did i need it!
91 Stealth Twin Turbo 26psi Aftermarket Turbos?
This guys car was a work of art! Lot of $$ invested! We raced 3 times,1st race i put my car in 1st(for the burnout) and like a dumbass left it in 1st and when we took off i overrevved it bad! 2nd race he missed 2nd gear.So finally 3rd race we leave side by side for 60ft he pulls 1/2 car and then i hit the spray,I pull past him by 1 car and hold it until 140mph! Great race and a cool guy too.
Had a blast!

Last edited by UL LOSE; 03-11-2006 at 04:48 AM.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:48 AM
On The Tree

Sounds like some good stuff dude. Can't wait to see!
Old 03-06-2006, 01:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

would love to see the vid to that!
Old 03-06-2006, 04:23 AM
Racer

Be patient guys,Ive gotta call sony tommorrow and find out how i can get the software disc that i need to download from camcorder to pc. I lost the original disc. Im trying my best. I cant wait to have the video posted!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:28 AM
TECH Addict

Sounds ya had alot of kills added to your list last night

i can't wait to see the vid though

peace
Old 03-06-2006, 09:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Always good action at the Gate! Nice runs! I assume the twin turbo stealth was Mellon? I've seen vids of it running mid/low 11s this year. Definately a quick car!
Old 03-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by UL LOSE
Well i just got back from Rivergate. A local street racing area with 5 lanes and in the middle of nowhere! I have videos of all runs,ill try to post asap!

This guys car was a work of art! Lot of $$ invested! We raced 3 times,1st race i put my car in 1st(for the burnout) and like a dumbass left it in 1st and when we took off i overrevved it bad! 2nd race he missed 2nd gear.So finally 3rd race we leave side by side for 60ft he pulls 1/2 car and then i hit the spray,I pull past him by 1 car and hold it until 140mph! Great race and a cool guy too.
Had a blast!
hey, some friends directed me to the thread so I just wanted to share what I know.

1st run - I had a great launch and banged the gears, I noticed you fell away pretty quickly so I figured you had a problem. I had quite a bit of knock in the 6000-7000 rpm range so I pulled out 2 degrees of timing in a futile attempt to resolve it.

2nd run - when I shifted to 2nd I had nothing but grinding, I let completely off and tried 2nd again.. no luck and even at idle the gears were very stubborn like the clutch was dragging a little bit. I didn't want to puss out so I obliged you with the 3rd run against my better judegement.

3rd run - good launch but to make sure I got into 2nd I let completely off. I must have pulled out a little too much timing because the car was spitting and sputtering from 6000 to 7000 in every gear now so I was barely able to keep up. I remember looking down and seeing the tach go like this, 6000, 6500, 6000, 6500, repeatedly Disguisted I just drove on home.

I was running 20psi of boost on pump gas tuned for 11.5:1 that night with the timing advanced too much. I adjusted my clutch yesterday so it disengages a bit higher and now I don't have to go all the way to the floor to shift. I did some pulls on the way to work, tweaked the timing and fattened it up to 11.2:1 by 6000 to 7000 rpm's and the sputtering went away.

The car has only been running for a few weeks so it's going to take some time to find out exactly where I need to be. Next time I'll bring the race gas and disconnect the wastegates, those were just shakedown passes

it was nice meeting you guys and we'll have to do it again real soon. P.S. I'd love to see the footage, I'm wondering if you can hear/see the effects of the lack of timing on that last run. I think the grandma shift will be obvious hehe.

alright, enough with the ricer excuses from me
Old 03-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Teching In

you have a pm !
Heres all the cars i raced:
Naturally Aspirated Races:
03 Mustang GT-Vortech S/C 8psi,bolt ons
He couldnt drive,had 3 or so cars on him by 60mph! It was pathetic.
87 Mustang 5.0 Bolt ons,H/C,Nitrous
Beat him by 3 cars both cars all engine.Tryed to run again but his trans. broke,he was trying to spray off the line since i beat him first race! He was mad! lol
93 RX7 Twin Turbo-Blow off vavle
Gave 2 car spot and blew by real quick. Then let off.
2002 Camaro T76 Turbo,Bolt ons,Full roll cage,???
His car was Bad ***! But I blew his *** away outta the hole and never saw him again.He was bitchin,"i spun through 3rd gear" I told him i would run from a roll with me on spray. He wouldnt do it. He was talking so much **** though. He just couldnt accept he lost!

Had a blast!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:30 AM
STF Veteran

sounds like some good action man, post the vids!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Mellon has an upcoming race against, dare I say a 4 cylinder??
Old 03-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Teching In

*subscribed* I wanted to come see this in person but vids will have to do!

EDIT: Holy Lurker, Batman!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Mellon has an upcoming race against, dare I say a 4 cylinder??
are we racing or just playing? if we're racing I'm not showing any mercy on ya
Old 03-06-2006, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mellon
are we racing or just playing? if we're racing I'm not showing any mercy on ya

Tell ya what, help me tune for race gas and well do it for real.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Teching In

bb&t 49.49 for 5 gallons of c16 that'll be plenty to get er dialed in, let me know when you're ready and we'll set a time
Old 03-06-2006, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

I wanna hear that T76 in the camaro
Old 03-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Racer

The car has only been running for a few weeks so it's going to take some time to find out exactly where I need to be. Next time I'll bring the race gas and disconnect the wastegates, those were just shakedown passes

it was nice meeting you guys and we'll have to do it again real soon. P.S. I'd love to see the footage, I'm wondering if you can hear/see the effects of the lack of timing on that last run. I think the grandma shift will be obvious hehe.

alright, enough with the ricer excuses from me [/QUOTE]
Good race the last time though man. Your car is ******* bad! I was worried about leaving with you in the 60'. But i managed. I said 26psi because thats what the guy with the rx7 told me. I know you told me 20psi but you know how it is out there! About running again. Ill run ya but if you werent running right the that last race,youll beat me. Seriously man,that was everything i had! Your car rocks!
Old 03-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Teching In

when I run race gas I disconnect the wastegates and spike to 26 but it falls to 20 by redline, I have an inlet restriction (stock MAS) or an exhaust leak before the turbo, not sure which just yet.. that much boost drop isn't normal.

I have a LS6 MAF and MAF-Translator on the way from a friend to borrow so I'll be able to make a more educated purchasing decision. Hopefully that solves the boost issue and I'll make a little more power.

no doubt you've got a strong car that leaves really well on the street.

p.s. who was that cute girl that wanted to go for a ride with me? I told her no lol.. figured you guys set her up to slow me down haha. She couldn't have weighed a buck 05 but that's a tenth
Old 03-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Racer

I appreciate the complement. I might need your help with my VR4 i bought 3 weeks ago for daily driver. You seem to know a lot about turbo cars. I dont know about any girl. If you find out tell her i take her for a ride.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Racer

You gonna ride out there Friday if it doesnt rain?
Old 03-06-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Be patient guys,Ive gotta call sony tommorrow and find out how i can get the software disc that i need to download from camcorder to pc. I lost the original disc. Im trying my best. I cant wait to have the video posted!

Go to Circuit City and get the DAZZLE soft ware. It's plug and play straight from the Camcorder..should be about $90.....

Quick Reply: 02 WS6 Reaks Havoc@Rivergate Memphis,TN Rivergate