Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

this doesnt seem possible

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default this doesnt seem possible

ok, i have a a4 01 z28 w/ slp lid, smooth bellows, coldair, k&n, 80 mm bbk tb, tb bypass, descreened and polished maf, slp loudmouth II...

ok well lastnight i was drivin home when a green kawasaki crotch rocket(dont know what size) pulls up next to me revvin it (im thinkin to myself i wish i had a chance), so the light turns green and we take off like a normal person would, so at about 30 he hits it, and so do i... we are side by side, he is shiftin lifting the front tire and im lookin like wtf im keepin up and pulling away slowly, then about 70 we let off and he turns at the next possible road....

i know my car is semi quick (4.88 0-60) but it shouldnt be able to beat a rice rocket (should it), did this guy not know how to drive or what... i dont know....but im pretty excited.... thats the only crotch rocket ive attempted, it must have been like a 600 w/ a crappy driver.... but if anybody has kept up let me know cause im still puzzled... like wtf... how quick are 600's in the 1/4
Old 05-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it may have been one of the slower crotch rockets like a katana 600 (suzuki) or yzf-6 (yamaha) or just a crappy rider, but hey good kill!
Old 05-18-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

. Could be either one of those or both. Don't really remember what power levels you need to be at to hang with the smaller bikes though.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

i had a similair race with a crotch rocket.. we came off of a light and about 20 we punched it. he couldnt pull on me till about 70+ and even then it was just BARELY. it was an older 500-600 something. i just couldnt believe it either. i only had a k&n and borla exhaust at the time too LOL.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:02 PM
12 Second Club

Had the same thing happen with a few 600cc bikes. A bad rider will really boost your ego.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:46 PM
12 Second Club

all the modern 600cc I4 crotch rockets are 10 second bikes...

so, yeah, probably the rider.

or if it was a katana, well, i wouldn't consider those crotch rocket material.

either way, good kill!
Old 05-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by presto_z
ok, i have a a4 01 z28 w/ slp lid, smooth bellows, coldair, k&n, 80 mm bbk tb, tb bypass, descreened and polished maf, slp loudmouth II...

ok well lastnight i was drivin home when a green kawasaki crotch rocket(dont know what size) pulls up next to me revvin it (im thinkin to myself i wish i had a chance), so the light turns green and we take off like a normal person would, so at about 30 he hits it, and so do i... we are side by side, he is shiftin lifting the front tire and im lookin like wtf im keepin up and pulling away slowly, then about 70 we let off and he turns at the next possible road....

i know my car is semi quick (4.88 0-60) but it shouldnt be able to beat a rice rocket (should it), did this guy not know how to drive or what... i dont know....but im pretty excited.... thats the only crotch rocket ive attempted, it must have been like a 600 w/ a crappy driver.... but if anybody has kept up let me know cause im still puzzled... like wtf... how quick are 600's in the 1/4

Couple things...

1. If you went from 20 to 70 and he was in a modern sport bike he wouldnt need to shift at all. Most of the 600cc's I own will do near 80 in first, some of the new 1000's will do almost 100.
2. If he lifted the wheel a couple times he was playing with you, because if it was a bike capable of lifting the wheel with simple use of the throttle he would have trounced you.

Hope that helps explain it.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG

2. If he lifted the wheel a couple times he was playing with you, because if it was a bike capable of lifting the wheel with simple use of the throttle he would have trounced you.
Too true...

Gotta be scary/cool to be able to loop the thing just by giving it too much gas...

Mmmm....Zx14....200 hp...

Put a turbo on one of those...