Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Only in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 07:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Only in Detroit

About 10:30 pm after sitting and relaxing in a park in the Southfield area, me and my friend decide to head back to her place. I hit 8 mile from Telegraph and lucky for me I got to line up next to an 03 cobra with a wicked whine coming from the engine, and a nasty snarl coming out of the exhaust. The light turns green and we both nail it. Cobra by a 1/2 car, hit second we are even, nail 3rd and I am up by a car or so. This is where only in Detroit comes in. I see the flashing red and blue lights, then hear a female voice on the P.A. say "ok Mother *******, knock it off! Let's call it a night." The cobra and I both pull over into a coney island parking lot and looked at each other saying can you believe that ****. The mods on the cobra were a tune, a pully, and headers. The guy asked me if I wanted to go and run some more on the eway, and I asked for a raincheck. So if and when we hook up, it should be fun. His car sounded so mean. If I were him I don't think I'd be rolling around with 20's Don't those oversize heavy wheels slow you down quite a bit? So I wonder how much quicker his car really is?
Old 07-01-2006, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good ****! she probably didn't feel like filling out all of that paperwork.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good run, the rims make it heavier and the 20" make his effective gearing shittier.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Good run, the rims make it heavier and the 20" make his effective gearing shittier.
Thanks for that comment. I was thinking the same thing, but I wasn't sure.
The Cobra sure did jump hard about 1/2 car as soon as the light went green, and he didn't leave early, he just timed it 100 % perfect. Going into second I pulled even, and by the time I was going into 3rd I was at least a car ahead. I think he would've run even with me had he been wearing the stock rims with some stickier tires. I have run against a lot of Cobras, and they are either great or not too much. Cobra guys seem to do everything to their cars, or barely anything. If Ford could put the Cobra on a diet it would be so much quicker.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

lol...

I've said it before, and i'll say it again, your a lucky ******.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

I hear ya V-Tech. I wasn't sure if it was Detroit or Southfield PD. If it was Southfield I would've been in deep ****. Once I heard the pa ok *************, I knew I had nothing to worry about. Ghetto as hell, thank god for ghetto. LOL Keep posting V-Tech, I like your stories. Well written and quite entertaining.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
I hear ya V-Tech. I wasn't sure if it was Detroit or Southfield PD. If it was Southfield I would've been in deep ****. Once I heard the pa ok *************, I knew I had nothing to worry about. Ghetto as hell, thank god for ghetto. LOL Keep posting V-Tech, I like your stories. Well written and quite entertaining.

lol...if you like these stories...ha...you should be around here when we talk about my sexual episodes with the local vixens. lol...people here at work actually look forward to them. I think its cause I tend to be graphic...

Anyways...peace out dawg.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

you gotta love D-town, had to be detroit cop, those are the only guys i know in teh country that can careless to what you are doing. Anyways great run, sound s like you got pretty nasty car there. Hopefully i see you around some time, i'm heading back up to MI here in two weeks, i live in the Grosse Pointe area.

Justin
Old 07-01-2006, 09:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice kill! i have only one 03 cobra around my town,he is modded but can't drive for ****. i do have three 427 vetts close by,so far i like racing them
Old 07-01-2006, 09:26 PM
10 Second Club

allngn_c5 and I were foolin around in Macomb a couple weeks back and a sheriff pulled up and asked us "if we were done?" I said "we can be" and he said "yeah lets rap it up". Most cops are cool, but they do have a job to do. Funny, he said that he enjoyed watching us race. LOL
Old 07-01-2006, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice run doug, try to get a vid of this one, i bet that blower was loud...lol
Old 07-02-2006, 01:16 AM
On The Tree

Only in the D
Old 07-02-2006, 08:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

I couldn't get a vid, it was a totally by chance thing at the time. He gave me his email addy so I will try to hook it up but he already said he probably wounldn't race because he knows how fast my car is now. And yes that blower was whining like a BITCH> To echo Dennis's (whplash) comments, most cops are relatively decent, but we do have a job to do. Hell I am the biggest law breaker around when it comes to speeding and racing. Got love the perks of the job. Dennis will tell ya, my car is a top end MONSTER. Just need the aero work and the extractor hood and she'll run over 200 without question.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I couldn't get a vid, it was a totally by chance thing at the time. He gave me his email addy so I will try to hook it up but he already said he probably wounldn't race because he knows how fast my car is now. And yes that blower was whining like a BITCH> To echo Dennis's (whplash) comments, most cops are relatively decent, but we do have a job to do. Hell I am the biggest law breaker around when it comes to speeding and racing. Got love the perks of the job. Dennis will tell ya, my car is a top end MONSTER. Just need the aero work and the extractor hood and she'll run over 200 without question.
so ur a cop again now?
Old 07-02-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by aaron653
so ur a cop again now?
I never quit my job in the first place. If you truly believed that I did then I have a nitrous kit to sell ya real cheap. So lets not start this "he's a cop bullshit again" "he's trying to bust you" It really sucks listening to anti-law enforcement people bitching and whining about what I do in my free time. I do respect your opinions, but I have already read the stuff you posted last time about me being a cop, so please don't ruin my racing threads. Just watch the vids and enjoy. Thank you.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill. I'd be afraid of racing in Michigan. The Flint area is full of potholes they'll swallow your car.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I never quit my job in the first place. If you truly believed that I did then I have a nitrous kit to sell ya real cheap. So lets not start this "he's a cop bullshit again" "he's trying to bust you" It really sucks listening to anti-law enforcement people bitching and whining about what I do in my free time. I do respect your opinions, but I have already read the stuff you posted last time about me being a cop, so please don't ruin my racing threads. Just watch the vids and enjoy. Thank you.
Just for the record, I got out of law enforcement and now sell LG Motorsports performance parts. Theres always one downer at every party. Who invited XakEp? To quote Stiffler from American Pie, "Eat **** Finch ******."
Old 07-02-2006, 07:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
Nice kill. I'd be afraid of racing in Michigan. The Flint area is full of potholes they'll swallow your car.
I hear ya bro. I only race or go excessively fast on smooth new/newer surfaced eways. I like to make quite a few practice/test runs before I open her up for WOT thru the first 5 gears. LOL. Unless I am in Fadi's territory then I just follow him since I can't beat him.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by aaron653
Was there a point, a moron could tell I was just plugging the company that did the work on my car. You really need to get laid.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Banned

Eight mile and telegraph is Southfield!