Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Sent em to the glue factory!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Sent em to the glue factory!

Tried to post this earlier dn what happened. Anyway, this guy i used to work with would always talk sh*t to me about how bad *** his cousins 03 GT stang was. He had ridden with me before and still said that he still thought this GT would kill me. "Oh dude, he's spent like 2 or 3 grand on mods for that car theres no way you have a chance.", he would say. I had seen the car before - it had a throttle body and no mufflers, cold air intake, chip, gears (dont know what #s) and a pulley setup just from what i had seen. I love my car and dont particularly like to race it so every time the conversation would turn that direction i would weasel around it. A few weeks into this and these jerks call me at home saying to meet up blah blah. After a little dodging on my part they start saying im scared and this and that. No BS man i was messin with the egr and got a rubber gasket sucked into my intake like 2 or 3 days before this so even still i was adamantly opposed to the idea. We hang up the phone and i sat there pissed at myself. I went outside and cut a piece of innertubing from my sisters bike and kept wrapping it around the egr hose until it sealed properly and my engine ran right. I hopped in and while taking a short cruise to make sure everything was going to work a pair of headlights run up on me from behind and sure enough it was those s**t talkin muthe****ers. Everything seemed to be alright with the car so i tell him to follow me to the bypass where we can do our thing. On the way, everytime the GT came close i couldent even hear my own car cause this thing was soo damn loud. By this time im thinkin just make it a good run so these jerks will quit. So we hit the spot and decide to go from a 30 roll - in the first run i tried to take off in second so as soon as we nail it he leaves me but when he made the 1st to 2nd shift i flew passed and still had half of third to go by the time we shut down. Second race wasnt even close, since i left in 1st. We were neck and neck but in second gear he ended up at least a car length behind. When we pulled over to shoot it they couldent believe that i only had a cold air intake. Several times during our conversation the driver casually looked over all the crevasses of my engine bay for hidden No2 but only to be dissapointed. "Just an Ls1 thats bad to the bone is all i got" i told him. Now the instigator wants a Ws6. Hows that for converten em?
Old 07-10-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tell him that your innertube patch was good for at LEAST 50 honest horses. That's quite the dedication on your part to patch your car up and lay it down. I applaud that.

I don't know why, but the general flock of people seem to think that stock for stock, year for year, GTs are faster than f-bodies. I overheard a girl at work telling me how her husbands 93 GT would wax a Z28 of any year. "Yeah, a Mustang has a bigger engine". It was so boneheaded that I didn't chime in. Figure I'll let her slam my car until I catch her unsuspecting *** in the passenger side of her husband's chitty-chitty-stang-bang.

Nice run too.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

oops i'll bet they felt dumb eh?
Old 07-10-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

Good Kill man! 99-04 GT's are nice, but it takes more than bolt-ons and gears to keep up with a well-driven LS1. They usually get the jump, especially if there is a swap to 4.10s (4.10s and a CAI are two of the most popular 99-04 mods you'll see) but once you hit about 4,000 in 1st, the LS1 usually will start to pull hard. I've seen a lot of Mustangs with VERY similair setups and they usuall run around 14.0 flat or high 13s with a good driver. You had nothing to worry about. (especially with the rubber patch).
Sounds like the Mustang guys were dicks. (calling you at home I think I'd be kind of pissed if I had showed no previouse interest in racing) That's to bad because it's that kind of crap that gives bad names to both sides (Yup, stupid people no matter what camp) It was good to see that you were modest in victory.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:10 AM
Launching!

Everyone keep an eye out this weekend to see about the results between me and this boosted out lightening. Ive decided to call him out to a run from a 20 or 30 roll and despite all of the doubt that some of my F-body bretheren seem to show, i really think i can get him. Of course after i embarass him ill have to give him a reach around and let him kill me from 0 but youll still hear about it I PROMISE. (since the GT ive put on headers, gotten rid of the damn egr AND THE ****** INNERTUBE and put a fresh set of rubbers on the back)
Old 07-11-2006, 07:57 AM
TECH Resident

Sounds like the modding bug has bitten you hard....Keep us posted on you endevour!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nice kill, situations like that I like to say you lowered his self esteem, educated him a little.

IF you can get traction, wouldn't it be a good idea to race the lightning from a stop?
I thought it was very hard to catch traction in a lightning?
Old 07-11-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Resident

Woot! I would of called him back up. Up for any more runs? Nice job on the ignorance wake up call.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:56 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JDJP
Nice kill, situations like that I like to say you lowered his self esteem, educated him a little.

IF you can get traction, wouldn't it be a good idea to race the lightning from a stop?
I thought it was very hard to catch traction in a lightning?
It can be yes but just imagine if he did. They are some beastly trucks.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Banned

Nothin like dropping 2 or 3K into your whip to run high 13's.
If he wanted to make his car fast, all he needed was N20.

He could have put the rest away for an LT1, I mean LS1.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Nice kill.. It's a shame Ford doesn't give those guys something more to work with.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
Nice kill.. It's a shame Ford doesn't give those guys something more to work with.
They need to make the 4.6 block longer. You can't barely bore it out to anything. It is already stroked pretty well that is why we have a decent torque number and don't do so bad for the first 1/8 mile or so. Once third gets hit though that extra hp kicks in and F-body's pull like maniacs . If only they were to come out with a newer 302 and go back to pushrods we would hang A LOT better .
Old 07-11-2006, 11:46 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Thats the best way to shut them up. You wont ever have to worry about his car Im sure. Nice kill. Gotta love LS1's and 03 Cobras ofcourse.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good run. I can't turn down a Mustang to kill. I had a modded GT the othr night try me. I raced him once and got a bad launch and he got me outta the hole. 2nd gear i started to pull but when i shifted to 3rd it stayed even. We shut down at 85 with me creepin' on him and i got to his door. He is good for a mid to low 13 i guess with what he had done. Then i told him i got a bad launch and he asked if i wanted to try it again. This time i TORE him outta the hole and never looked back. Good race. I got him 2 outta 3. He seemed cool though. After the 2nd and i won he said that was more what he expected then the first race. ~Cole~
Old 07-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

Nice Run..I wonder what ur sister said when she saw her bike lol