Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Vid: Near stock Cobalt SS smokes NSX

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the money, the Cobalt SS wins hands down.

People buy an NSX for the same reason they buy a Porshe or Lambo... the name.
Although the NSX is a damn nice ride.
Some Lambo's are only 300-400 hp, but cost 100K.

I find it interesting that S/C'd little Cobalt can run low 14's.
I dont care who you are... that impressive.

I ran one on the highway and had him really good, around a bus length, but he did better than some cars that I thought would have been closer.
I like the Cobalts.

Big improvement from the Cavy... I think GM did good on this one.

Last edited by burnzilla; 08-09-2006 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Juror_8
Do you know what they are capable of? Do you know their potential outside of light-to-light racing?
lol whatever a new NSX can do a new Z06 can do better, and for a little less .
Old 08-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon
Sorry I'm late, I just saw the thread and felt the need to call you out for being ignorant.

The NSX was a 90K vehicle brand new. The Cobalt SS S/C is a 20K vehicle brand new. Compare apples with apples.

Personally I think the NSX is a piece of garbage, and I would never own nor drive one. In fact, I don't think I would ever own any Honda.

Ignorant??

Is the Cobalt not an economy car??

You think the NSX is a piece of **** I think the cobalt is, how are we different? It came out of your own mouth.

Whats ignotant is using absoltue circular reasoning and then calling someone childish names.

You are close minded. I appreciate the LS cars for what they are, a great bang for the buck, and a good drag platform. So I bought an LS6.

I appreciate the NSX for what it is, a ultra reliable, sharp as a razor, sexy looking, refined and rare sports car. Yea it costs a lot. But who cares? We all can do what ever we choose with our money.

If dollars were all so important we would ALL be driving a base model honda civic that cost 10K new and gets 40 miles to the gallon.

Later.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Quick1998Z28
damn, that is so true..
Old 08-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon
Just what we needed, another moron import fanboy coming in and raving about his S2000 smoking V8's ect ect ect. By the time your little rice motor actually gets into the powerband an LS1 would have multiple car lenghts on you, stop kidding yourself. "Gotta wait for VTEC dawg"

Wow, you're car is making over 200ft/lbs of torque?? Holy ****, do you actually think thats going to impress anybody?? Thats pathetic, and so are you for coming on here and trolling an LS1 forum.
Thanks for your kind words Domestic Demon.

And though I would love to entertain your tourette's related outburst with something that resembles coherent response, I can more valuably utilize my time....I have decided to instead massage my playstation controller.

I leave you with these words, which I hope that you care to receive, and I remain, Dear Mr. Domestic Demon,

Juror_8
Old 08-09-2006, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by burnzilla
lol yeah a used Countach from the 80s. Lambos push half a million new and they are garbage. Overweight, can't handle worth a crap, and slow for the HP ratings.
Not the same with Porsche though, they make good vehicles; they sound terrible, but they are all around good vehicles.
Still comparing a Cobalt to a NSX is pointless. They aren't intended to do the same thing. I hate Cobalts because they are another FWD kid-car to make me waste my gas putting a serious hurting on their turd in any drag race; the punk tards who own them think the American Revolution marketing campaign by chevy is that ball-less 4 replacing the V8s. Cobalts will never get any love from me, they are just another domestic ricer wet dream car. No one with an F-body should be defending these knobbers either, some are cocky enough to think their facelifted cavalier is a Camaro replacement...
Old 08-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Teching In

yeah it's a fake NSX . You *******, early NSXs had zero ***** in a straight line; they were extremely nice, corner carving14 second cars. A cobalt SS runs low 14s stock, beating one isn't surprising. Quit nut-swinging off the NSX, a new one is a 12 second car, but it's clear he's not racing a new one.

At the point this was written there was no confirmation it was an NSX. I never said it was a fake NSX. If you go back and "read" I agree it was an NSX after I was able to view it on something other than my phone, with audio, and after another poster commented it was a early 90's automatic...thus making sense. Reading is your friend.

You obviously are well spoken, and informed, I dare not repsond with such cunning as "*******" or "nutt swinging", thus allowing you to concerntrate more on your falic obcession.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Teching In

No one ever doubted the C6 Z06's ability, but at this rate I wont be suprised if you start saying your dad can beat up mine.....
Old 08-09-2006, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
Ignorant??

Is the Cobalt not an economy car??

You think the NSX is a piece of **** I think the cobalt is, how are we different? It came out of your own mouth.

Whats ignotant is using absoltue circular reasoning and then calling someone childish names.

You are close minded. I appreciate the LS cars for what they are, a great bang for the buck, and a good drag platform. So I bought an LS6.

I appreciate the NSX for what it is, a ultra reliable, sharp as a razor, sexy looking, refined and rare sports car. Yea it costs a lot. But who cares? We all can do what ever we choose with our money.

If dollars were all so important we would ALL be driving a base model honda civic that cost 10K new and gets 40 miles to the gallon.

Later.
they are both turds, a new NSX is a better car all around, but why bother arguing? Being better than a Cobalt is like a decent person saying they are better than a smelly homeless person shitting himself on a street corner. Compare the NSX to it's real competition and it'll look like the biggest turd in the pile, I think even a new Viper can best it around the track because all the V10 power can still keep it planted when the suspension is pushed.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

At the point this was written there was no confirmation it was an NSX. I never said it was a fake NSX. If you go back and "read" I agree it was an NSX after I was able to view it on something other than my phone, with audio, and after another poster commented it was a early 90's automatic...thus making sense. Reading is your friend.

You obviously are well spoken, and informed, I dare not repsond with such cunning as "*******" or "nutt swinging", thus allowing you to concerntrate more on your falic obcession.
dude, a 1991 NSX could get beaten by a stock 5.0 in a drag race, stop spooging all over the NSX already
Old 08-09-2006, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

No one ever doubted the C6 Z06's ability, but at this rate I wont be suprised if you start saying your dad can beat up mine.....
No, I'll leave the laughable and lame comments to you. Defending a 15 year old NSX as if it were worth a ****, that is truely hilarious. Here's one outta left field, I bet a G92 IROC could destroy an older NSX on a race track
Old 08-09-2006, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

I wont be suprised if you start saying your dad can beat up mine.....
this is some funny ****..
Old 08-09-2006, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

I pretty much treated the drivel you typed as white noise.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by burnzilla
For the money, the Cobalt SS wins hands down.

People buy an NSX for the same reason they buy a Porshe or Lambo... the name.
Although the NSX is a damn nice ride.

I find it interesting that S/C'd little Cobalt can run low 14's.
I dont care who you are... that impressive.

I ran one on the highway and had him really good, around a bus length, but he did better than some cars that I thought would have been closer.
I like the Cobalts.

Big improvement from the Cavy... I think GM did good on this one.

There were some guys (like two that I read about) that pulled off a 13.9 with nothing more than a TON of practice and tires. I think the norm now is still low 14's and a handfull of cars in the mid 13's with GM's stage 2 and everything that is out.

My wife has a SS/SC, which is the only reason I know that. I like driving it a lot actually. It's not as fast as my TA, but it does just fine. I'm 100% it could out handle and out brake my TA as it sits right now though. But that's a TA, not an NSX, which I dont have a clue about.

Jon
Old 08-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Juror 8, are you on S2Ki.com?

I used to track the crap out of my MY00, maybe you saw it on there, spoon cage, spoon calipers, motor work (NA though) works emotions wheels.

The S2K is one bad *** little car, and I loved it. But even with FI it still is not a world beater.

When my RT/10 was stock it would walk any FI S2k in nor cal, except "sideways" I never ran him, and by the time he was done, I had the Venom package.

My advice, give props where props are due, both domestic and imports...and take antaginistic statesment such as yours in your signature out....especially after just posting for the first time.

Nice car by the way!
Agreed, the signature may be a bit inciting.

And I for sure know that my S is not unbeatable. And what it can;t beat now, it won't be able to ever beat as I am done modding ( I only wanted to achieve a moderately fast [high 11, low 12 quarter mile] street machine--but always intended to be somewhat conservative with my modding goals)

I am a member of S2ki, and S2kca. Sideways' "darth vader" S2k is amazing. 500+ at the wheels now. That car is sick. I'm not sure that I saw your ride though. I just joined s2ki within the last year.

Thanks for the compliment!! I haven't ran an R/T yet but I'm looking. I respect your car knowledge on this board. You are one of the few that actually have significant knowledge on both sides of the line (import and domestic). This site should be happy to have you as a consistently contributing resource.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Teching In

dude, a 1991 NSX could get beaten by a stock 5.0 in a drag race, stop spooging all over the NSX already
"Dude"

Whats your point?

I am guessing you are a sub 25 year old that has never driven an NSX, and thats fine. I didn't understand until I drove one either.

Same way with V8's. As a young kid I though hp/liter was all that mattered, then I got my first V8 (C43 AMG), and from there on I knew there was somthing to this displacement thing. It took some trial and error but I have finally realized, the LS is the way to go if you get a small block.

You too, will realize with time, when you drive your first car like the NSX at its limits youll understand why people paid what the did, and why EVERY NSX THREAD ENDS UP BEING AT LEAST 5 pages. People don't understand, because 99% of the people that post DONT KNOW because they have never driven one.

I have owned over 25 cars in the last 15 years, and the NSX ranks #2 on my list including domestics, imports & exotics.

I just get annoyed when people speak out of lack of knowledge.

Drive one.......you'll agree.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Launching!

No one with an F-body should be defending these knobbers either, some are cocky enough to think their facelifted cavalier is a Camaro replacement...
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is a totally different platform from the Cavalier.

Jon
Old 08-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
exclusivity?? u drive a honda
heritage?? s2k's have only been around for like 6 yrs, big heritage there
reliablility?? well u got me there, its a honda, it will last foreva
on everything else that u said, like handling and performance at speed, i agree with u
Well at least we agree on some things.

Exclusivity--- I believe that the most s2ks sold in this country in a given year has been 10,500. There are comparatively few on the road.

Early on, the numbers were in the 6 and 7 thousands.

Also, there is a lot of talk of the car being discontinued after MY07.

Heritage--The S2000 was built to commemorate Honda’s 50th anniversary. The engine was built and designed by same engineers who designed the Championship winning (6 times in 9 years) F1 engines for such greats as Prost, Piquet, and Senna and the same engineers who designed the NSX. I believe that the s2000 is still hand assembled in the same factory (Honda’s Premier Tochigi Plant) as the NSX.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Launching!

"Dude"

Whats your point?

I am guessing you are a sub 25 year old that has never driven an NSX, and thats fine. I didn't understand until I drove one either.

Same way with V8's. As a young kid I though hp/liter was all that mattered, then I got my first V8 (C43 AMG), and from there on I knew there was somthing to this displacement thing. It took some trial and error but I have finally realized, the LS is the way to go if you get a small block.

You too, will realize with time, when you drive your first car like the NSX at its limits youll understand why people paid what the did, and why EVERY NSX THREAD ENDS UP BEING AT LEAST 5 pages. People don't understand, because 99% of the people that post DONT KNOW because they have never driven one.

I have owned over 25 cars in the last 15 years, and the NSX ranks #2 on my list including domestics, imports & exotics.

I just get annoyed when people speak out of lack of knowledge.

Drive one.......you'll agree.
I'm pretty sure when Ron Dennis and Gordon Murray were building and engineering the Mclaren F1, they looked at the NSX as a one of the cars with the best "package". They then went on and took what they learned from that car and put it into the most badass Supercar...ever.

Jon
Old 08-09-2006, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jon B.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is a totally different platform from the Cavalier.

Jon
poor cavalier ...