Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

weak story but '03 Cobra vs. SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default weak story but '03 Cobra vs. SRT-4

So I don't know either of these guys but I got to witness them race on the highway today. I go down the onramp and see an SRT-4 in front of a 'vert Cobra '03-'04 type and see the Neon hit it in the right lane. I'm in the left lane and just stay there knowing they're going to fly by me. So the Neon passes probably going about 75 (i was going 60 in a 45 mph zone) and then the Cobra follows him and all I can say is God Damn it sounded like an airplane going by w/ that supercharger wine...it was bad-*** ! The cobra then gets in front of me and runs down the neon quickly and then lets off to toy with him. Only reason I know is b/c the cobra's exhaust was pretty loud and I could hear him let off then get back on it just to play w/ the neon. I know it's a crappy story but I just wanted to give credit to the cobra for sounding so bad-*** as it flew by me and easily eating up the SRT-4. I've ridden in one before and those SRT-4's can be pretty quick. Oh and for the record I was in my POS daily driver so I couldn't play .
Old 09-22-2006, 12:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't it ALWAYS happen that way? When your in your DD you always see this stuff. In your rocket, all you get is fart can Hondas...
Old 09-22-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Doesn't it ALWAYS happen that way? When your in your DD you always see this stuff. In your rocket, all you get is fart can Hondas...
Old 09-22-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
I actually never get any action in my car. I think the lope is too intimidating for these ricers around here or something. I do get a lot of attention in my DD though, I didn't know a probe GT was so popular w/ those guys Just shows you they don't have very good taste or knowledge of fast cars.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Red99TA
I actually never get any action in my car. I think the lope is too intimidating for these ricers around here or something. I do get a lot of attention in my DD though, I didn't know a probe GT was so popular w/ those guys Just shows you they don't have very good taste or knowledge of fast cars.
Ya dont u wish with the click of a button ur probe would turn into ur LS1 right before the ricer launches his deadly 8k rpm clutch drop to get a 2nd gear scratch as he downshifts. Then after about the 7 seconds that passes while he is tryin to get to 60 mph ur car is done transforming and launches doing 120 by the time he finally shifts to 3rd ... *dreams of my car being a transformer* lol
Old 09-23-2006, 12:25 AM
Teching In

who needs an ls1 when you have a 2.5L 24 valve V6 monster under the hood? i hate it when you see all the action from the windshield of the DD.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hypnotiq
Ya dont u wish with the click of a button ur probe would turn into ur LS1 right before the ricer launches his deadly 8k rpm clutch drop to get a 2nd gear scratch as he downshifts. Then after about the 7 seconds that passes while he is tryin to get to 60 mph ur car is done transforming and launches doing 120 by the time he finally shifts to 3rd ... *dreams of my car being a transformer* lol
That would be hilarious to see the look on their face when my "monster 2.5L 24V V6" with a hearty 160 flywheel HP turns into a 400 RWHP T/A...priceless!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Red99TA
That would be hilarious to see the look on their face when my "monster 2.5L 24V V6" with a hearty 160 flywheel HP turns into a 400 RWHP T/A...priceless!
i think that is the premise of that new transformers movie. got to admmit that would be cool? anyone read the latest Hot Rod, featuring the prototype 09 camaro which is going to be the good guy in transformers?

Quick Reply: weak story but '03 Cobra vs. SRT-4