Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Slaughtered an 05 GT last night

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006 | 01:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2001ramairconv
WS6's are NOT Camaros. If you want to line up your Mustang with my LS1 car bring it. I have NOT lost to a S197 YET you may be the first but I doubt it. Face the facts IF the person driving an LS1 car can DRIVE you don't stand a chance with out Mods. Like I have stated in previous posts any car can be made fast. But yours looks stock to me so line it up and bring some cash because I like Money. Of course you could prove me wrong with a timeslip.
You're trippin man. A WS6 is a Pontiac, I know that. I was merely commenting on the cars I loved that were GM. Oh, yes I do stand a chance. You don't drive a C6 vette, man. Now I wouldn't stand a chance in that race. You drive a car that's in my range. I know you probably think you run 11's and 12's stock, but you don't. That's good that you haven't lost to an S197, but it doesn't apply to me. I'm the type of person that doesn't care what has happened in another race because it means nothing once the staging begins.

Last edited by TheBigthree; 10-01-2006 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-01-2006 | 01:23 AM
On The Tree

The point I was trying to make is all things equal a stock ls1 car is going to beat a stock gt. I'm going to return my car to stock and find a stock gt to run to end this debate. I'm just kidding, but seriously, I will.
Old 10-01-2006 | 01:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 93ChevExt5.7
"It has nothing to do with most Stang owners." - except where their money is going everytime someone buys one.....

"Your government supports a lot of gay agenda's." - Yeah - where's that amendment on same-s.x marriage?
Well, this is opening up another whole debate. If that's where the money is going, that's where it's going. There is a lot of gay crap going on that I don't approve of in this country, but I don't want to live elsewhere.
Old 10-01-2006 | 01:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheBigthree
Well, this is opening up another whole debate. If that's where the money is going, that's where it's going. There is a lot of gay crap going on that I don't approve of in this country, but I don't want to live elsewhere.
I don't think there's a debate. If you support that lifestyle - which apparently you have (albeit indirectly) if you've bought your own car off the lot, brand new, then that's your opinion and your freedom. If you don't support it, send the email. Let Ford know....

The reason you want to live in this country can turn into a country you don't want if your not willing to stand up.

Hey - I served in the Army when Clinton passed the "don't ask, don't tell" and we gave our commanders hell over it.
Old 10-01-2006 | 01:29 AM
Banned

You stated I love Camaro's especially WS6's. I took that as you were confused or an Idiot. Like I said bring your car and money and we can line them up. I like money and would have no problem taking yours. Gears and a tune don't mean S*** to me.
In that statement, you've just proved your stupidity. You would be easy prey. You had better cammed that thing or something if you wanted to run me.
Old 10-01-2006 | 01:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rubber duck
The point I was trying to make is all things equal a stock ls1 car is going to beat a stock gt. I'm going to return my car to stock and find a stock gt to run to end this debate. I'm just kidding, but seriously, I will.
If you win, I'll say Nice kill. One think you should know about the S197's. They were seriously de-tuned. You should beat a stock one, but don't be suprised if one beats you that's stock. The cars are so close that it can happen. On the highway, you should beat him no problem from what I hear. I simply don't remember any races at the track that started from a roll though.
A simple re-flash of the computer without a CAI has gained 20 to 25 RWHP. With a CAI, these things get 25 to 30RWHP. I know a guy that has dynoed at 302hp and 317tq with a tune.
Old 10-01-2006 | 01:42 AM
Banned

You are not lined up yet so what's up. If I'm stupid bring your Stang with gears and a tune and line it up againest my lowly WS6 convertible and we'll see what happens. Bring money and I'll bring mine. You apparently don't have a clue what you are talking about so prove me wrong.
Well, I only have to base on what has already happen. I'll tell you a little story.
I was cruising home when I saw this Camaro SS(sounded mean) racing an STI on the Interstate. I sped up to catch them, but they got caught up in traffic. They turned off the interstate and I followed. It was a three lane street. I was going to get in the third lane but there was a truck in it, so I got behind the SS. The light turned green and they took off normal, then they punched it and went at it. I gained on the SS and had to back off. Then they staged beside each other and I took the third lane to do a three way race. The STI slowed down and got behind the SS and they didn't want to run em. I took off discouraged because this is what I've been waiting for. I got caught by a red light and the SS was pulling up as the light turned green, so I rolled my window down to ask for a race. He gunned his car past me and I launched after him. I stopped his pull by the top of 2nd and started creeping up on him and he hit his brakes and turned off. Why? I thought these cars were no threat to LS1's? That's just one guy, I know, but this is what I base my beliefs on. I had my chance at an LS1 and I pulled on him twice. I spanked a stock one by .4 tenths of a second at the track and he had a better 60ft than I did. Now if gears and a tune mean nothing, that shouldn't have happened.
Old 10-01-2006 | 03:35 AM
Banned

Since no else has done this I will. I'm calling you out show a timeslip or lets get it just because you have beaten one car on the street and another at the track (supposedly) prove it. If not shut up about how fast your car is. You have other Mustang owners calling you a tard and they are usually a pretty tight group. Makes you wonder.
Refer to the other flame war.
Old 10-01-2006 | 05:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ponygt65

The comments and story is in reference to an 05 GT (S197). You lost me on that post 300bhp.
It was late and I was talking crap by the look of it

I meant s197 with the 3v 4.6
Old 10-01-2006 | 06:25 AM

Dyno'd a Stage 1 roush the other day on a Dynojet and it put down 258rwhp. I think that was just appearance and a cat-back exhaust. He may have had a CIA, I don't remember. He was saying there had to be something wrong with the Dyno, because his car was 400rw? My car dyno'd the sam as normal same day.
Old 10-01-2006 | 06:28 AM

Well, I only have to base on what has already happen. I'll tell you a little story.
I was cruising home when I saw this Camaro SS(sounded mean) racing an STI on the Interstate. I sped up to catch them, but they got caught up in traffic. They turned off the interstate and I followed. It was a three lane street. I was going to get in the third lane but there was a truck in it, so I got behind the SS. The light turned green and they took off normal, then they punched it and went at it. I gained on the SS and had to back off. Then they staged beside each other and I took the third lane to do a three way race. The STI slowed down and got behind the SS and they didn't want to run em. I took off discouraged because this is what I've been waiting for. I got caught by a red light and the SS was pulling up as the light turned green, so I rolled my window down to ask for a race. He gunned his car past me and I launched after him. I stopped his pull by the top of 2nd and started creeping up on him and he hit his brakes and turned off. Why? I thought these cars were no threat to LS1's? That's just one guy, I know, but this is what I base my beliefs on. I had my chance at an LS1 and I pulled on him twice. I spanked a stock one by .4 tenths of a second at the track and he had a better 60ft than I did. Now if gears and a tune mean nothing, that shouldn't have happened.
there is a local white v6 camaro with all the SS appearance mods around here. She would probably give you a good run.
Old 10-01-2006 | 06:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

mods aside, i raced a bone stock '05 mustang gt (my bro. was driving) in a bone stock '02 ss, both with manual transmissions, and after 25-30mph, he just kept falling farther and farther away. the gt was a convertible, but i doubt it made a difference, seeing as how far away i was.
Old 10-01-2006 | 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

In that statement, you've just proved your stupidity. You would be easy prey. You had better cammed that thing or something if you wanted to run me.
you smoking something??? a stock 05 gt will need a mistake by the ls1 driver to win. the ls1 is a six year old package and it still walks the dog on your little pony. if you really read as much as you say you do you would know your car make 300 hp at the crank from the factory. with a manual your at best a 270 at wheels car. the camaro,ta makes 300-310 at the wheels and weighs about 300 pounds less. know tell me how that math adds up to you even staying in the same county with an ls1????
Old 10-01-2006 | 09:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by davered00ss
there is a local white v6 camaro with all the SS appearance mods around here. She would probably give you a good run.
I agree up 85 mph toppin out
Old 10-01-2006 | 09:45 AM
TECH Addict

If you win, I'll say Nice kill. One think you should know about the S197's. They were seriously de-tuned. You should beat a stock one, but don't be suprised if one beats you that's stock. The cars are so close that it can happen. On the highway, you should beat him no problem from what I hear. I simply don't remember any races at the track that started from a roll though.
A simple re-flash of the computer without a CAI has gained 20 to 25 RWHP. With a CAI, these things get 25 to 30RWHP. I know a guy that has dynoed at 302hp and 317tq with a tune.
Now look, I actually really really like the Mustang. Nearly bought one last year. So I'm not biased, also being as I live in the UK I'm also not a Chevy guy either as that crap simply doesn't exist on this side of the Atlantic.

However you are acting in how shall we say, a bit of a prat.

Look at the basic numbers. A stock Ls1 has 325-350bhp STOCK. They have also gone high 12's @ 109mph STOCK. If youlike I'll post an artical from a Ford magazine where they tested an SS.

Now there is a little descrepancy though. This is down to transmissions and rear gears. M6 cars have a 3.42 final gear ratio, where as auto's have either 3.23 or 2.73 evidently due to gearing and increased drivetrain loss they are not as quick down the 1320 as the M6's in stock form. And the 2.73 is the slowest. But on a good day they can still pull mid 13's @ 103-4mph.

A stock s197 may match the ET, but still be trapping in the region of 100-101mph. So yes close enough to be a drivers race, but advantage auto LS1. And from a roll the Fbody has a much bigger advantage.

However, I do doubt that ANY s197 makes 300rwhp from a tune. In fact I simply don't believe it, and neither should you. Dyno's are generally not accuratly used when you get oddball numbers like this. It will always be down to STD numbers and not SAE corrected. Combined with lack of graph smoothing. And I'll bet its on a Dynojet, which means an inertia dyno. These don't accuratly compare the SAE Net figures as quoted by manufactuers. But even so, if said Mustang is making 300rwhp then chances are a stock LS1 would make 320-330rwhp STOCK on that particular dyno. It's not unheard of as there are many on this website with such claims.

So I'm not disagreeing with you, but at the end of the day, a stock M6 Ls1 is substantially faster than a stock M5 s197 Mustang GT.

For any doubters take a look at this vid: http://video.ls1tech.com/video/9de95...4d00767eea.htm

12.4@107mph from a Mudstang GT. With only a few bolt ons. Certainly enough to beat any stock LS1 at the strip. But on the street from a roll race it would probably still loose to a stock M6 Ls1. Even a auto 3.23 Fbody would give it a good run for it's money from a roll, espcially if the race was over 1/4 - 1/2 mile in length.
Old 10-01-2006 | 09:51 AM
On The Tree

put the joint down man, you're making mustang owners look terrible.
I've put lengths on an sn197 in my notch with my old setup, then in turn gotten pulled by a stock ls1 (lid,muffler).

Those acception races can and do happen, due to driver error or what have you, but using said races to compare cars is just downright stupid.
Old 10-01-2006 | 10:43 AM
On The Tree

hey guys, just let the kid be, because if it was a manual with intake and exhaust, i would of been in deep trouble . i wouldn't of won by 6 cars, but only by 4...
Old 10-01-2006 | 11:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Car RamRod
put the joint down man, you're making mustang owners look terrible.
I've put lengths on an sn197 in my notch with my old setup, then in turn gotten pulled by a stock ls1 (lid,muffler).

Those acception races can and do happen, due to driver error or what have you, but using said races to compare cars is just downright stupid.
He definitely does NOT represent the bulk of stang owners (including me). I dunno what it is about these s197 owners thinking their cars are touched by God.
Old 10-01-2006 | 11:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell
He definitely does NOT represent the bulk of stang owners (including me). I dunno what it is about these s197 owners thinking their cars are touched by God.

Thank you!!
Old 10-01-2006 | 11:32 AM
On The Tree

not saying that he is, but on a gm board with a group of mustang posters, when one is talking out of his *** it makes the rest look bad.