it depends on who i'm racing
33.17%
Voters: 416. You may not vote on this poll

Cash or street cred?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its all for fun, the only race i did for $ was this kid talking **** for like a month and a half and i wasnt about to waist my time without some compensation for my time and energy.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Teching In

In the biggest racing scene that I know of in Washington State, Kent area, money only exchanges hands among the hottest of cars. Most kids, fast or slow, import, mostly, or even domestic, don't have the cash or will power to do it.

Most guys I know are driving a quasi modded import, trash talking v8s, but then when it comes down to it, they bought the car to get the gas mileage.

I did have a guy offer me cash in a highway roll race, me in a subaru gt wagon 2.5 L grocery getter with 5 people on board vs his late model civic coupe complete with wing and can. I beat him by about a car and then he flew by me and I never got my prize.

Like that was gonna happen. Who here actually has gotten paid or paid up after they won or lost?
Old 01-26-2007, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mrpopo573
In the biggest racing scene that I know of in Washington State, Kent area, money only exchanges hands among the hottest of cars. Most kids, fast or slow, import, mostly, or even domestic, don't have the cash or will power to do it.

Most guys I know are driving a quasi modded import, trash talking v8s, but then when it comes down to it, they bought the car to get the gas mileage.

I did have a guy offer me cash in a highway roll race, me in a subaru gt wagon 2.5 L grocery getter with 5 people on board vs his late model civic coupe complete with wing and can. I beat him by about a car and then he flew by me and I never got my prize.

Like that was gonna happen. Who here actually has gotten paid or paid up after they won or lost?
Ive paid up, but i also look americas urban nightmare and im VERY well known for being a total nutcase, so people pay me too. Would you **** with the guy who rolls up to the car scene by himself and looks like he would wait for you week in and week out till you showed up in diffrent cars so you didnt know he was there? i know i would lol.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
Ive paid up, but i also look americas urban nightmare and im VERY well known for being a total nutcase, so people pay me too. Would you **** with the guy who rolls up to the car scene by himself and looks like he would wait for you week in and week out till you showed up in diffrent cars so you didnt know he was there? i know i would lol.
The kid who took your lunch money, now older with a Cobra. Well said.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't really "Street Race" (altho I have been known to have a little fun)

if someone is talking alot of ****, I offer for them to meet me at the track for the next street legal / test and tune and to bring $50-100 (depending on who/what they drive)

$50-100 is all I've raced for tho.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mrpopo573

I have gotten paid
but like i posted earlier, only $50/100

most of the time, flashing some cash weeds out the kids in mommy's civic
Old 01-27-2007, 08:05 AM
TECH Regular

Moral of the story, if you make 450RWHP....******* run cause lawerys can fix it if you get caught for a price, but its worth it to try and run if you KNOW and i mean you KNOW you got the power to get away. if they setup a perimeter to catch you, next time to be so damn bragging about were your gonna race....i know this sounds stupid but lets face it....sometimes those crown vics arent so fast.

Crown Vic's might not be very fast but I hear that Motorola's are pretty quick!
Old 01-27-2007, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Randy_S
Crown Vic's might not be very fast but I hear that Motorola's are pretty quick!
Beat me to it those radio's are fast!
Old 01-27-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

450 rwhp isn't gonna outrun a helicopter either....moral of the story don't be an idiot, if you are then be ready to pay the price if you get caught.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fastest94v6
450 rwhp isn't gonna outrun a helicopter either....moral of the story don't be an idiot, if you are then be ready to pay the price if you get caught.
Thats what airports are for. Copter can keep site, but cannot pull you over nor enter FAA Airspace at an International or Regional Airport. The cops in paddy wagons have been compromised at this point, .
Old 01-28-2007, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

i run for fun let's go
Old 01-31-2007, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

I haven't raced for money but people around here really don't. I would race for money but nothin more than 100. I have this kid in this spec v on juice that wants to race me for 25 bucks. he says he running 14's and i dont run that on a hot day.

A friend of mine in this sti would race for anything, most i seen him do is 300 a the drop of a dime.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Put it like this if i had the money to blow and not worry about rent **** i would be like on Fast and furious, " i don't have money but i do have my pinkslip " but it won't be for my hawk be my 1984 olds 98.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

Default smart

Originally Posted by KrautBurner
I don't really "Street Race" (altho I have been known to have a little fun)

if someone is talking alot of ****, I offer for them to meet me at the track for the next street legal / test and tune and to bring $50-100 (depending on who/what they drive)

$50-100 is all I've raced for tho.

Very smart and safe!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

I bet a kid $50 that I'd give his truck 10 cars, he starts first, and I'd still win. Passed him before I was out of 2nd gear, he ran off and said "duh we never bet."

As soon as I said 10 cars he LAUGHED and threw up cash. After he got smoked, he ran.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BlackHoleSunSS
Thats what airports are for. Copter can keep site, but cannot pull you over nor enter FAA Airspace at an International or Regional Airport. The cops in paddy wagons have been compromised at this point, .

Have you been to an airport recently. **** running there you might as well run right on down to your local police station. I was there on sunday no only where there airport police but state boys every where. The airport might loose the heilo but your not getting away from the police.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Moral of the story, if you make 450RWHP....******* run cause lawerys can fix it if you get caught for a price, but its worth it to try and run if you KNOW and i mean you KNOW you got the power to get away. if they setup a perimeter to catch you, next time to be so damn bragging about were your gonna race....i know this sounds stupid but lets face it....sometimes those crown vics arent so fast.
Yea good luck with that, and don't drop the soap in jail.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

beating sumone thats talkin **** is fun but taking there money is the cherry on the cake. .
Old 02-01-2007, 11:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
I bet a kid $50 that I'd give his truck 10 cars, he starts first, and I'd still win. Passed him before I was out of 2nd gear, he ran off and said "duh we never bet."

As soon as I said 10 cars he LAUGHED and threw up cash. After he got smoked, he ran.
In the thread you started about a 17y/o getting a LS1 you said you would never race on the street, only on the track. Everyone was telling you that you would run on the street and I guess you did
Old 02-02-2007, 10:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by streetassasin
In the thread you started about a 17y/o getting a LS1 you said you would never race on the street, only on the track. Everyone was telling you that you would run on the street and I guess you did
You're right, suprised you remembered. Never will in town and never will when anyone else is around to get hurt, though.

We did this on a road that was just built outside of town that is perfectly smooth and has NO traffic at night.

I normally wouldn't bother but he was talking wayyyyy too much **** and i wasn't going to listen to it. Doesn't help that the tracks are closed and I haven't even had a chance to run the car there yet