33.17%
Voters: 416. You may not vote on this poll

Cash or street cred?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 01:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
You're right, suprised you remembered. Never will in town and never will when anyone else is around to get hurt, though.

We did this on a road that was just built outside of town that is perfectly smooth and has NO traffic at night.

I normally wouldn't bother but he was talking wayyyyy too much **** and i wasn't going to listen to it. Doesn't help that the tracks are closed and I haven't even had a chance to run the car there yet
You wont race in town just like you wont street race in general, riiight. It allstarts somewhere man. Just admit that you should have listened to the guys that said it.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well ive done both even raced some friends for cash but whats the race for if your not racing for anything?? i mean it was nothing big just like 20 bucks here and there but for the most part i do it for fun

people out where i used to live learned how quick my car was before i could even try to get races even with just 16's looking beat as hell no one wanted to race and if i did get a money race it was someone from out of town

now in louisiana i dont race at all cops/roads just doesnt agree with racing too much
Old 02-02-2007, 11:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
You're right, suprised you remembered. Never will in town and never will when anyone else is around to get hurt, though.

We did this on a road that was just built outside of town that is perfectly smooth and has NO traffic at night.

I normally wouldn't bother but he was talking wayyyyy too much **** and i wasn't going to listen to it. Doesn't help that the tracks are closed and I haven't even had a chance to run the car there yet
oh god just admit it...........its a stupid selfish thing to do..........BUT its goddamn fun
Old 02-04-2007, 04:56 PM
12 Second Club

This year gonna be lots of money makin. got one guy told me i could hit a golf ball and wherever it lands i could start. Thats was last year with my 480hp honda
They dont know i got my T/A yet!
They wanted a 2,000 money race though. told me i couldnt see the car they had untill i put money onto table.
I didnt have 2g otherwise i woulda been hittin that golf ball
Old 02-06-2007, 11:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Finite1
I'm slow... but I've been putting money in lately.. and I can only imagine how serious the hardcore guys are on on the street that are spending big $$$ to be fast + risk involved.

so I can see exactly why you'd race for money rather than fun..

**** I'd race for money now if I could even find someone and i wasnt gonna get wasted.

im slow too!!!! i'd run ya for fun if you werent in az...

maybe once i put the cam and gears in i might race someone for $, but im still not gonna be that fast compared to some ppl out there (many of whom are reading this thread)
Old 02-07-2007, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

All I want is money, "f" the fame, Im a simple man!

But seriously, if its a crew member or friend, its just for fun/testing. But outside of that, $$$ talks, bottom line. I gotta make up all the money I spend some how!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Cocky ricers deserve to be hustled out of some money, but if a friend or buddy just wants to run for fun Id do it.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's all about the credit. When they see me rolling, they tremble in fear!
Old 02-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Teching In

pretty much everyone knows everyone around here, the same cars always cruise together, race together and so on. I have yet to see a money race locally. Like i said, everyone is pretty much friends or acquaintances with everyone else, so we all just kind of roll together and have fun.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:27 PM
12 Second Club

in kc we seem to get quite a few money races...i've only ran for $20 personally and usually wont run for money. most of the time we cruise around in our little "crews" with the same guys running each other week after week...it gets kinda old...
Old 02-09-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 408 z28
in kc we seem to get quite a few money races...i've only ran for $20 personally and usually wont run for money. most of the time we cruise around in our little "crews" with the same guys running each other week after week...it gets kinda old...
Heh. I'm in Lawrence.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 6techniques
All I want is money, "f" the fame, Im a simple man!

But seriously, if its a crew member or friend, its just for fun/testing. But outside of that, $$$ talks, bottom line. I gotta make up all the money I spend some how!
Sounds like some of you deserve to not be paid. I've had quite a few money races. Money is up front. One guy from each crew hold the money, ride together, and stand at the finish line. What is so hard about that? If you agree to money, and it's not in someones hand during the race, good luck with that.

On the Police note: I ran from the cops when I was a cop. In Maryland, the pursuit is over when they lose sight, period. Unless they get a tag number, which I'm pretty sure is impossible when you get passed at 140+mph! Not condoning it or even saying to try it. I am not responsible for your stupidity. Keep your foot on the pedal to the right and take the first exit. Period. If they chase you long enough to get a chopper in the air than either you are a complete moron, or your **** wasn't fast enough to run. Good luck with either
Old 02-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

i've done the same thing in my t/a... i was coming home from work early on a saturday when i was racing a c4.... we passed a parked highway patrol on the side of the road while doing about 125, the vtte slowed down but i punched it, made it two exits down the freeway and made a call to a friend so he'd b waitn wid his garage door open!!! needless to say i still almost **** myself, but if ur gonna ****** run then don't hesitate cuz that's when u get caught.... on the other hand i also had a good friend who thot he was dale earnhardt in his 98 SS, he tried to take an off ramp at 120 and lost it.. he was hurt pretty badly and when he got out of the hospital he had cops waiting to aresst him, he ended up doing about 1 1/4 years out of a 2 yr. sentence
Old 02-12-2007, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

You are definately taking a chance when running, but with a 10 second car you have the luxury of *****-out straight running and taking the curves easy
Old 02-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

I've live in MD, in the PG area pretty close to DC. My Z is down, and I dont want to beat on my DD so I havent been out in a while, but for the most part, racing is for fun with most. You might have some guy pull up in like his brand new w/ paper tags ___ (insert big 14 sec luxury Infinity/Lexus here) and offer money to race somebody and then just keep going after loosing. But when some of the more known people step up, it will be for money. Nothing small either...I mean I've seen money ranging from a tank of gas to over a grand and beleive me, with that much money on the line, people get NASTY. Money is a kind of insurance. People can get caught, arrested or there **** can break. The big pots for the fast cars make sure that atleast the winner gets something out of the activity which can potentially lead to there arrest, vehicle impounded, something breaking or all three.

And on the quick subject of running from the cops...yeah, it's stupid but sometime's it just happens. Police around here arent the nicest, half of them race every now and then and the other half take it personal and arent above hitting you, slamming you against the hood or whatever else they feel like doing right then and there. But with that said, I wont run from state. I will pull over and take whatever I have coming. But city and county? Sorry, I'll pass on the busted lip and dented hood.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:45 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
HAHA!!
It depends on who i'm racing. Friends race for free, all others gotta pay.
the car in you sign looks like ET
Old 03-04-2007, 01:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Oldbones
In Kansas City I got a Evasion,Drag racing,CNI. It's up to 6 months in jail for the evasion, drag racing ticket is 8 points, CNI is 8 points.Car got impounded, I went to jail ect.. Have my court date Feb. 12th, my attorney tells me I'll get all the way off. I'm done street racing
640rwhp and you got caught?
Old 03-04-2007, 10:00 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

friends for free others usually enough to buy some more 112 oct gas to mix in
Old 03-05-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by skifast87
Have you been to an airport recently. **** running there you might as well run right on down to your local police station. I was there on sunday no only where there airport police but state boys every where. The airport might loose the heilo but your not getting away from the police.
The square yards/feet of the airport != the airspace that the choppers cannot enter. The airspace spans FAR beyond that of the airport on the ground. There is a very good chance to hide, run beyond that. Like stated above, > 450rwhp, you should be able to get away with a long enough stretch, not like there are choppers on standby 24/7 for people running from the cops for street racing. Not in Dallas anyway. Street racing is dormant here for the most part.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sparetire
All I know is that I live life a quarter mile at a time. For me its about the respect.
I hope you are being sacrastic