Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

new wrx vs SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 08:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
If all you do is spin then either you can't drive, or your car is not set up properly. I had over 500rwhp/tq on my C5 and managed just fine on street tires. DSM's are for kids.
I believe he was refering to wet weather, or not the best road conditions, and being in a position where he needs to accelerate hard and can't. My Bird only had 337rwhp and I didn't like to drive it in the rain.

Hell it's precipitating, what: 25% of the time? Bad road conditions 5% (more like 50% where I live ). So out in the real world, you've got at least 30% of the time or more when it's great to be in a quick AWD.

If your only purpose for the vehicle was roll racing the freeway or 1/4 mile track days there is no way in hell you can beat an F-body for price, performance and looks.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If all you do is spin then either you can't drive, or your car is not set up properly. I had over 500rwhp/tq on my C5 and managed just fine on street tires. DSM's are for kids.

Yeah im sure it did

Daily driving with awd is by far way better than having a rwd car....

Driving in the wet/gravel/dusty roads AWD owns plain and simple...
Old 02-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by slick1851
Yeah im sure it did

If you drive fast enough to need AWD on wet, gravel, or dirt roads, then you are a moron, plain and simple.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slick1851
Yeah im sure it did

Actually it did, I'm pretty sure I would know. AWD is better for snow, thats about all under normal conditions. I know this is going to come as a shock to you, but most cars drive just fine in the rain, gravel, or "dust" regardless of which wheels are being powered. The only way AWD is "better" in rain is if your trying to drive like an idiot, and yes, you are an idiot if you try to race or drive aggressively in adverse weather conditions. It's obvious you have a hardon for highschool AWD japanese takout boxes, but lets look at things realistically. Believe it or not, normal responsible adults don't "need" AWD to survive in the rain, gravel, or "dust". And what the hell does "dust" have to do with anything. Since when does "dust" care if you have AWD or RWD? Lets face it, AWD is really just a selling point that all the dumbass highschoolers fall for. The only time its useful is if your going to drive around in the snow, and even at that it makes more sense to take something a little heavier anyway. AWD is probably the most over rated thing I can think of when it comes to cars.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by raghead59
If you drive fast enough to need AWD on wet, gravel, or dirt roads, then you are a moron, plain and simple.
About time someone chimed in with some common sense. I guess we do have adults around here.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Teching In

If your car was so fast and impressive normally, and everyone knew it, you wouldn't have to use the lame "I can drive in the snow" arguement. I don't understand why you guys are trying to impress everyone here. The people making fun of you guys aren't going to change their minds.
You must really hate Subaru's or Evo's or all the imports for that matter
Old 02-22-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Regular

About time someone chimed in with some common sense. I guess we do have adults around here.

Sir honestly relax with the "you cant drive thing" I rarely post on here. However every time I make my way down to this section. I some how find you trying your best to oppose every ones opinions. All I am saying is relax with the overzealous cocky speech’s and stop acting like you are the end all be all definition of a driver. We are all on the same damn team here
Old 02-22-2007, 05:41 PM
12 Second Club

haha, i wouldnt bet money in advance, whos to say he wont up the boost a few pounds or something you cant see....
just a thought
Old 02-22-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sprite09
You must really hate Subaru's or Evo's or all the imports for that matter
No, I don't hate them. I just like to mix up a good arguement if people take the time to start one.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skifast87
Sir honestly relax with the "you cant drive thing" I rarely post on here. However every time I make my way down to this section. I some how find you trying your best to oppose every ones opinions. All I am saying is relax with the overzealous cocky speech’s and stop acting like you are the end all be all definition of a driver. We are all on the same damn team here
I'm confused, where did I say I was such a great driver?
Old 02-22-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

maybe i just see thing is a different way. thats just the way you come off some times. At any rate i dont mean any offense
Old 06-19-2008, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by keithystealmaro
I work at pepboys and i have a 2000 ss camaro 6 speed and this guy just got a 2007 subaru wrx and he thinks he can beat me so i made a wager when it gets nicer out side that i will run him for a $100 dollars and he said yea we are both stock and stick. any ideas?
Been over a year who won? LOL! Or was it chicken **** talk?
Please!
Old 06-22-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

just race him it's only a 100 bucks who cares... btw rubbing is racing= if you feel the lose coming put him into a wall, or parked car... something