Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Honda Civic...with fart can, stickers, etc

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Civic...with fart can, stickers, etc

Last night, around 9pm, after working outside all day, I get the phone call from my son that he's ready to be picked up from his friends house. So, I lazily put my shoes back on, get my keys, and begin the 15 mile or so hike south towards cleburne on hwy 174. It was a usual saturday night in the small town of Joshua; youngsters playing loud music etc. I pull up to a stop light, look in my rearview mirror, and actually feel the booom boooom from most likely several 12" subs before I noticed that this was a honda civic. But this was no oridinary civic. This honda had a exhaust that was equally as loud as his booom box stereo. Not only did he have the 7" diameter exhaust, but he had stickers as well. I slowly moved my gaze from the partially primered paint up to the driver and passenger who had this **** eatin' grin on their lightly haired faces. As I moved my gaze from their faces, I didn't notice any glowing gauges luminating the a-pillar, so I too matched their grins and gave them the "I'm game if you are" look. After a quick survey of the immediate area, and making sure that my passport radar detector was activated, I gave short but sure growl from my 5.7L powerhouse and waited for the green light. After what seemed like forever, the light finally goes green, and I hear this gawd aweful noise like no other I'd ever heard before; as a matter of fact, it sounded very similar to what I would imagine a 300 pounder who'd been up eating taco bell beans and bean burritos all night would sound like. Shocked at such a sound, I put my right foot to the floor and out of the corner of my eye, I saw the dappled black and primer car with euro tail lights get about a length on me. Gulping hard, and gripping the steering wheel as hard as I could, I kept pressing on. He bumped second gear, and I could tell that his pull had been immediately stopped as my RPM's maxed out at 5500 and bit into second. I began to pull on him fast, by middle of second gear, we were neck and neck, and as I slowly passed by, I looked over at him, red faced and smack talking with his passenger. I let off just before third gear and of course he attempted the ricer flyby. I stomped again, and low and behold, the pull was stopped before he made it to my front bumper. He finally let off, and gave up. At the next stop light, I looked over, gave him a thumbs up and a smile. He just shook his head and hit his steering wheel with obvious frustration and embarrassment.

As I turned off of the main drag, I looked down at my intrument panel, and remembered some of the many good ole times from my beast. Then I noted that she wouldn't be around for much longer, as she now has 217300 miles on her, the service engine soon light has been on for months now, and she has more leaks on her than a 20 year old garden hose. Long live my 1996 Chevy Suburban.

Last edited by DocT; 04-23-2007 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Launching!

Wow, nice story telling. I thought you were talking about a t/a or something and im like how the hell does a civic pull on you with 20 subs? Good thing it was the suburban I forgot those had big engines. Nice rice kill.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DocT
Last night, around 9pm, after working outside all day, I get the phone call from my son that he's ready to be picked up from his friends house. So, I lazily put my shoes back on, get my keys, and begin the 15 mile or so hike south towards cleburne on hwy 174. It was a usual saturday night in the small town of Joshua; youngsters playing loud music etc. I pull up to a stop light, look in my rearview mirror, and actually feel the booom boooom from most likely several 12" subs before I noticed that this was a honda civic. But this was no oridinary civic. This honda had a exhaust that was equally as loud as his booom box stereo. Not only did he have the 7" diameter exhaust, but he had stickers as well. I slowly moved my gaze from the partially primered paint up to the driver and passenger who had this **** eatin' grin on their lightly haired faces. As I moved my gaze from their faces, I didn't notice any glowing gauges luminating the a-pillar, so I too matched their grins and gave them the "I'm game if you are" look. After a quick survey of the immediate area, and making sure that my passport radar detector was activated, I gave short but sure growl from my 5.7L powerhouse and waited for the green light. After what seemed like forever, the light finally goes green, and I hear this gawd aweful noise like no other I'd ever heard before; as a matter of fact, it sounded very similar to what I would imagine a 300 pounder who'd been up eating taco bell beans and bean burritos all night would sound like. Shocked at such a sound, I put my right foot to the floor and out of the corner of my eye, I saw the dappled black and primer car with euro tail lights get about a length on me. Gulping hard, and gripping the steering wheel as hard as I could, I kept pressing on. He bumped second gear, and I could tell that his pull had been immediately stopped as my RPM's maxed out at 5500 and bit into second. I began to pull on him fast, by middle of second gear, we were neck and neck, and as I slowly passed by, I looked over at him, red faced and smack talking with his passenger. I let off just before third gear and of course he attempted the ricer flyby. I stomped again, and low and behold, the pull was stopped before he made it to my front bumper. He finally let off, and gave up. At the next stop light, I looked over, gave him a thumbs up and a smile. He just shook his head and hit his steering wheel with obvious frustration and embarrassment.

As I turned off of the main drag, I looked down at my intrument panel, and remembered some of the many good ole times from my beast. Then I noted that she wouldn't be around for much longer, as she now has 217300 miles on her, check engine light has been on for months now, and she has more leaks on her than a 20 year old garden hose. Long live my 96 suburban.

ROTFLMAO!!!! Man I got to the last part I all most spit out my water bud. Great kill with the family beast
Old 04-22-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

I thought you wer talkin bout the vette till I got to the end. End cleared it all up. Awsome kill!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rofl that was good
Old 04-23-2007, 01:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DocT
. Then I noted that she wouldn't be around for much longer, as she now has 217300 miles on her, check engine light has been on for months now, and she has more leaks on her than a 20 year old garden hose. Long live my 96 suburban.
I was so close to being right (I thought you were in a truck).
Old 04-23-2007, 01:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahah, great story bro. and good kill!
Old 04-23-2007, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xXSilencerXx
I thought you wer talkin bout the vette till I got to the end. End cleared it all up. Awsome kill!
LOL, thanks man, I wasn't sure there for a few seconds whether the ol' girl still had it in her...I'll bet that guy is on some civic board right now talking about how he almost beat a TT suburban with a roll cage and slicks, etc... hahaha. The only thing that isn't stock on the old white beast is the $19.95 walmart seat covers and O'Reilly's alternator...
Old 04-23-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Regular

LOL nice kill, silly ricers. I realy can't stand civics with fart cans, I usualy give them the thumbs down. I like do to the same thing in my dad's hemi cherokee.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Staging Lane

I was wondering what was up with the 5500rpm redline! Nice kill in the burb
Old 04-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Banned

Normally, I hate the old fashioned "beat a civic today" kill story.
Its so lame, they are the second slowest cars on the road 98% of the time.

But I gotta say, thats one of the best kill stories I have read this year.
A couple days ago I was behind a riced out DelSol coming onto 390 (3 lane highway) from an on-ramp, and this dude was just flooring his car.
My dd is a Concorde with 222hp 3.5L 24 Valve DOHC (its not fast at all, but quick enough to handle a stock 4 banger) and I stayed right on this kids *** until I had a chance to pass him. He just looked at me with a puzzled face.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah, I mess with them sometimes in my '92 Chevy truck. I goaded a 4 door something with fart pipe and gauges into a stoplight race one day. I got him off the line but he caught me half way into 2nd, lol. I chatted with him at the next light and he said that he was worried at first that I was supercharged. It's almost stock!
Old 04-23-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

dude i thought you was talking bout the vette i was like what lol good kill tho
Old 04-23-2007, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

thats an instant classic!! great story telling
Old 04-24-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black02Bird
thats an instant classic!! great story telling

thanks for the props! Once I picked up my son, I was telling him about it, and he laughed and said...and I quote, "silly ricers, civics are like a go cart, only slower."

Quick Reply: Honda Civic...with fart can, stickers, etc