Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a New Stang GT "OVER RATED"

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice red coupe!
Originally Posted by mpe331lx
Good kill, most of the people that have 05 up GTs think that thier car is so much faster than the 99-04s (mustangs). Before my Cobra i had an 04 GT with 4.10s, O/R H pipe, and a predator. I loved the look on these stuck up fools when I waxed them with a mostly stock 04 GT. I love it even more when they pull up to the ol five oh....... Im just waiting on the unsuspecting GT500 uppity *****
Old 05-10-2007, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

Default tune

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Mustang guys... Im an LS1 guy first, then bought the cobra. Try to read some. LS1 edit, ASP pulley, CB, LID and ported tb....oh yea he should have won, like I said nice kill. He has more mods than you and you call that stock.....wow.
they dont realise how much a tune wakes up the ls1.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

Default tune

Originally Posted by 98NATA
Did you mustang guys not look at his mods? He has a cb and the other things hardly gain any hp, he may have 15rwhp over stock, modded yes but thats basically stock to me..get over it...nice kill man
ive seen ls1s stock gain20+rwhp from a tune only a lid will net 10rwhp most of the time ported t/b 5to 10 and a catback 10to 15 thats quiet a bit useualy good for around 320-330rwhp on an m6 carthats 30 more than the gt at the crank
Old 05-10-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, holy crap I havent checked the thread since I was at work. Lot of replys. Just some points off the top of my head, I dont know much about the mustang, he could have had a few mods that I didnt know about. You never know! I had the tops off and my exhaust is loud so he could have had a few things, I know he was a manual just because the way he drove it, and the passanger didnt look that big so the extra passanger excuse weight mod wont even play into effect here. (I weigh in at 210) I guess that you could say I have the most basic mods done, cat back, lid, blah blah. All I know is that I had a freakin blast. Im basically rambling about nothing because of so many things to try to hit on.

Basically I am just hitting on the fact that I hear the talk but I havent seen the walk. Maybe since I live in a bubble (Erie, PA) people just think what they have is fast. Some guy was tring to tell my dad "his new Yellow mustang that is a very limited edition" it might be limited but I doubt it would get any more power...... would beat my pap's new C6 Vette by at least 5 cars, and that same guy said he would put my TA to shame. I doubt it, talk the talk again. I might have to put this guy in his place after my confidence booster. I basically just couldnt believe how bad I crushed that car yesterday, and when I say crush I dont mean like a civic vs. a Z06 crush, but it was pretty good margin like i previously said. Maybe the stang needs the driver mod, but it didnt look like he shut down for too long of a period. Anyways, im not trying to **** on the Mustangs, cause without them there wouldnt be too much fun to be had on the streets for us good ole bow tie boys, so he haw, I kicked a Fords ***.!!
Next mods, Intake, Cam, Long Tubes, I want to screw around with some C6's

Last edited by Smokin00WS6; 05-10-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:25 PM

I tried to race a couple over the last week.....none would accept
Old 05-11-2007, 02:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
But the fox-body was spanking 3rd gen F-bodies.

Stock for stock ? One example is a 89 iroc against a 89 Mustang GT

Stock 89 GT specs : 225 HP @ 4000 RPM
300 ft/lb @ 3000 RPM

Stock 89 iroc specs 205 HP/305 car
235 HP/350 car

I know my old 89 iroc 305 5 speed car spanked PLENTY of mustangs and a few other camaros as well, both slightly modded and stock. With that car I only lost to 2 mustangs, one only had exhaust and was a exceptionally quick car ( for it's time and work done to it ) and the other was a supposed 10 second stang agaisnt my 305 with exhaust, chip and air flow free mod with a airfoil in the throttle body, not hardly a comparison there. Add in a camaro, firebird and t/a were not gm's top performance car like the mustang was the top ford and put that up against gm's top performer, the corvette, and the mustangs couldn't hang. Or just go back in time to 67 when the camaro made it's debut and spanked stangs from the beginning.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 91 LS1 Z28

300 ft/lb @ 3000 RPM

235 HP/350 car

I know my old 89 iroc 305 5 speed car spanked PLENTY of mustangs and a few other camaros as well, both slightly modded and stock. With that car I only lost to 2 mustangs, one only had exhaust and was a exceptionally quick car ( for it's time and work done to it ) and the other was a supposed 10 second stang agaisnt my 305 with exhaust, chip and air flow free mod with a airfoil in the throttle body, not hardly a comparison there. Add in a camaro, firebird and t/a were not gm's top performance car like the mustang was the top ford and put that up against gm's top performer, the corvette, and the mustangs couldn't hang. Or just go back in time to 67 when the camaro made it's debut and spanked stangs from the beginning.
Believe me back then you thought the ford 302 was an ls1 cause back then they were the ****! Even when the 5.7 Iroc came outw/o a/c it was getting whopped by 302 ho's.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I wouldnt say overated...W/ the right driver and a reflash there not much slower then a LS1...If there not enough for you then go terminator hunting, im sure things will be different.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:17 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
I wouldnt say overated...W/ the right driver and a reflash there not much slower then a LS1...If there not enough for you then go terminator hunting, im sure things will be different.
I've got an 06 mustang OR a terminator OR a fox body or two for ya.

Don't get too fired up over whipping a new mustang or any mustang...if you drive a camaro OR a mustang you'll eventually run across a rival car that will spank you're ***.

It's refreshing to talk mustang vs. camaro instead lof EVO vs. American.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:24 AM
9 Second Club

300 ft/lb @ 3000 RPM

235 HP/350 car

If you whipped a bunch of 5.0 H.O. mustangs with a basically stock 305 IROC, then you whipped a bunch of bad drivers.

And calling the camaro/T/A GM's secondary performer to the corvette is like calling the GT or GT500 Ford's primary performer and the mustang it's secondary performer...makes little to no sense. Run what you brung. If a Vette or a Viper or a GT or even a Enzo beat my terminator or even my Fox body then...I lost to another car. No excuses.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vipert/a
i was on the free way a few weeks ago and saw a yellow shelby gt brand new as well with a 40 yr old lady driving. we exit and pull to a light and i yell, "wanna go for a run?" and she said "no, because i'd hate to see a good looking guy like you die in an accident, my cars a 5 speed though" and i said "okay and thanks"
Just being picky here, but there's no such thing as a yellow Shelby GT. They only come in black or white with Tungsten (silver) stripes. Now if you meant Shelby GT500, that's a different story, but then they have 6 speeds, not 5 speeds.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Fierobird
He does have a point, although the argument would be stronger about 3 years ago. so a 2004 GT mustang could very possibly be beat by a lowly 93 LT1, what is that, an .... 11 year difference?
What's age got to do with it?

I have many Gen III kills with my 69 Fastback.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

300 ft/lb @ 3000 RPM

235 HP/350 car

I wouldn't open up the 'classic' can of worms. Let's just say,I know ALOT more about classic stangs than new ones...I could be here ALL day with that argument.

You also forgot to mention something in your terrific factory stats.........CURB WEIGHT!!!!!!!!! What was the weight difference in teh 'camaro vs. stang....NUFF SAID.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
i dont know what your talkin about, my car hates first and second, its great from a roll
Nice one smart ***.

I test drove an 06. I loved the off the line feel and the low end...but it felt like an hour to pass a truck on the highway. But, I do know a few bolt ons and 91 octane tune really wakes them up.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponygt65
You also forgot to mention something in your terrific factory stats.........CURB WEIGHT!!!!!!!!! What was the weight difference in teh 'camaro vs. stang....NUFF SAID.
" The Camaro, which began two years after the first Mustang, has remained, if you will, a full-size ponycar, despite its slight reduction in bulk when it was restyled in 1982 for the third time. It is longer, lower and wider than the Mustang and 220 lb heavier. All of this is noticeable. "

Yup, the Camaro was a heavier car in the 80's and still spanked stangs, NUFF SAID.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:54 PM
9 Second Club

" The Camaro, which began two years after the first Mustang, has remained, if you will, a full-size ponycar, despite its slight reduction in bulk when it was restyled in 1982 for the third time. It is longer, lower and wider than the Mustang and 220 lb heavier. All of this is noticeable. "

Yup, the Camaro was a heavier car in the 80's and still spanked stangs, NUFF SAID.
You have rectal-cranial inversion. NUFF SAID.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Believe me back then you thought the ford 302 was an ls1 cause back then they were the ****! Even when the 5.7 Iroc came outw/o a/c it was getting whopped by 302 ho's.
Nope, never thought the ford 302 was the ls1 of that time or the ****, I always and still do think they are garbage. I see enough of them broken down on the side of the road, even new or a few year old mustangs broken down on the side of the road to back that theory up. Before you spew nonsense you may want to check your facts also, unless ordered without it, all irocs came with a/c. As a matter of fact, most 3rd gen camaros came with a/c except for the 4 cylinder cars that were made back in the early 80's.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Nice kill man. I just drove one (sadly), and was extremely dissapointed. It was by far the slowest sports car I have ever driven. The dealer was trying to tell me how I was chirping the tires up through 4th gear (which was def not true), I looked back at him told him to stop talking. Then the damn thing stalled on me on the highway!! Needless to say I would NEVER own one.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:08 PM
9 Second Club

Nope, never thought the ford 302 was the ls1 of that time or the ****, I always and still do think they are garbage. I see enough of them broken down on the side of the road, even new or a few year old mustangs broken down on the side of the road to back that theory up. Before you spew nonsense you may want to check your facts also, unless ordered without it, all irocs came with a/c. As a matter of fact, most 3rd gen camaros came with a/c except for the 4 cylinder cars that were made back in the early 80's.
Holy crap. I'll let a knowledgable chevy guy educate this kid...
Old 05-11-2007, 01:11 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by MikeD101898
Nice kill man. I just drove one (sadly), and was extremely dissapointed. It was by far the slowest sports car I have ever driven. The dealer was trying to tell me how I was chirping the tires up through 4th gear (which was def not true), I looked back at him told him to stop talking. Then the damn thing stalled on me on the highway!! Needless to say I would NEVER own one.
Drove one what? And whatever it was you "drove" that stalled most likely did so because you need a little practice with the clutch...

Quick Reply: Raced a New Stang GT "OVER RATED"