Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a New Stang GT "OVER RATED"

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 91 LS1 Z28
I don't have to make excuses, I've never ran any car I owned at the track so I can't speculate on a time my car I have now will run and never did. I also don't know a damn thing about 99 Cobras but it would be interesting to know how a car with under 350 hp went 11.6 at the track unless you are talking 1/8 mile, which is slow. I have buddies who have run at the track with slightly over 350 horse to the wheels and on slicks that only get into the 12's with a automatic.

Like I said...Until you have been to a track..SHUUUUSH. You have no opinion. Typical Youth Ignorance. HP is all it takes to run ET's RIght?....
Old 05-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
I thought you said you were done?

Nope - that was the 1/4 mile. Numerous LS1s have done it too (far more than Mustangs).

Can't help your buddies either, guess they're just slow.
I'm done arguing over stupid ****. I know my driving and I am confident I can hang in the driving area with anybody else posting on here at the track, and blow some out of the water with their driving skills. Show me a LS1 that is bone stock, no bolt ons, no power adders, nothing, that can run in the 11's. Maybe I am wrong but I don't see it happening even with slicks from a car that was rated in the 13's from the factory. Nah my buddies cars aren't slow either, I just don't see it happening with under 400 legit horsepower. Maybe you were on the juice or something.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Banned

I have a belly button....

(I felt this thread needed a random comment)
Old 05-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Like I said...Until you have been to a track..SHUUUUSH. You have no opinion. Typical Youth Ignorance. HP is all it takes to run ET's RIght?....
Ok asshat, first of all I am in my 30's, do have a opinion and will speak it if I want to. If you don't like it too bad. Been to a track, technically I have been to plenty of tracks in my racing days. I raced from the age of 5 until I was 16, have many first, second and third place trophies including track records from tracks that I was only ever at 1 time, when I took the record. My trophy cabinet consists of mostly first place trophies though. Like I said above, I am very comfortable with my driving skills and would put them against any of you **** talking chumps any day of the week. I will go as far as to say that the only way you would beat me is because you outpower me but you won't leave me sitting on the line.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Banned

Ok asshat, first of all I am in my 30's, do have a opinion and will speak it if I want to. If you don't like it too bad. Been to a track, technically I have been to plenty of tracks in my racing days. I raced from the age of 5 until I was 16, have many first, second and third place trophies including track records from tracks that I was only ever at 1 time, when I took the record. My trophy cabinet consists of mostly first place trophies though. Like I said above, I am very comfortable with my driving skills and would put them against any of you **** talking chumps any day of the week. I will go as far as to say that the only way you would beat me is because you outpower me but you won't leave me sitting on the line.

I like cheese.....

What exactly is an asshat? does that have a bill like a hardhat?
Old 05-16-2007, 02:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ROFLOL...Holy crap...I'm dyin...laughing so hard i can't breath...

edit: I can breath now... so were you at the slot track or maybe it was the box car derby? Laughing again...i think i'm gonna **** my pants...

Last edited by 04Terminator; 05-16-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KingCobra02

Haha love it, and the hard hat comment. Priceless!!
Old 05-16-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

I'm done arguing over stupid ****.
So is this your second retirement from this thread? Is your third retirement after the post you just made as I'm typing this?

I know my driving and I am confident I can hang in the driving area with anybody else posting on here at the track, and blow some out of the water with their driving skills.
Wow. You got me scared.

Show me a LS1 that is bone stock, no bolt ons, no power adders, nothing, that can run in the 11's.
Show me anybody - anybody at all - that ever said or implied that one has or could?

Maybe I am wrong but I don't see it happening even with slicks from a car that was rated in the 13's from the factory.
There are examples of bone stock (no nothin added nor taken away) that have run in the 12s - without slicks - so I'm afraid you're a bit behind there sporto.

Nah my buddies cars aren't slow either, I just don't see it happening with under 400 legit horsepower. Maybe you were on the juice or something.
LOL. I don't do juice. But for your viewing pleasure, this is a video of my first ever 11 second pass in my 99 Cobra. At the time, it made ~310 RWHP, and weighed ~3450 lbs with me in the car. Same car with slicks and caring about 200 fewer lbs later went 11.60 (video is earlier 11.62 pass).

Before I turn this into too much of a chest beating exercise, there are plenty of others that have gone similar (or better) times with similar setups/power.

BTW....that 5.0 Coupe that I brought up earlier eventually went 11.93 @ 110 mph with 287 RWHP. No bottle, all throttle.

Looking forward to your next "I'm done with this thread" post.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

Oh....as far as driving skills and trophies and such.....come back and talk to me about that when you've won a Nationally Sanctioned Heads-up Drag Racing Championship.

With a stick car, of course.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KingCobra02

My 2005 Cobra can beat your 2002 Cobra all day long.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:03 PM
9 Second Club

I'd like to see that.

This thread is turning into one big joke.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Banned

My **** is still bigger....not just length, but girth as well.
Think about it!
Old 05-16-2007, 03:06 PM
11 Second Club

I'd hope so there wasn't a cobra made in 02 lol
Old 05-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Oh....as far as driving skills and trophies and such.....come back and talk to me about that when you've won a Nationally Sanctioned Heads-up Drag Racing Championship.

With a stick car, of course.
Sponsor the car and I will. Put the money where your mouths are or stfu. So you reduced weight and ran in the 11's, big deal. Maybe nobody else said anything about a bone stock car but that is what I was talking about. Like I said, no way a bone stock LS1 or your 99 Cobra could run in the 11's without some kind of mods. All this because you guys can't handle the fact a iroc with a few mods that didn't equal much more power ate quite a few mustangs both stock and with obvious work done to them.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

91 LS1 Z28- do you know what SI means? Check out the SI list in the drag racing section and see what bolt-on ls1's are running. You'd be quite amazed. -Mark
Old 05-16-2007, 03:18 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blackboosted2
I'd hope so there wasn't a cobra made in 02 lol
or 05 that was a joke, man.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Teching In

There are examples of bone stock (no nothin added nor taken away) that have run in the 12s - without slicks - so I'm afraid you're a bit behind there sporto.
12's aren't 11's are they ? I never said it was impossible for a LS1 car to get into the 12's bone stock. I don't know where you came up with that assumption but you are the one that is a bit behind. Bone stock the quickest times out of a LS1 are what, high 12.70's at BEST ? Even with slicks they aren't touching 11's.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
91 LS1 Z28- do you know what SI means? Check out the SI list in the drag racing section and see what bolt-on ls1's are running. You'd be quite amazed. -Mark
I know there are bolt on LS1's running in the 11's or pretty close to it. There is a guy here in pa with supposedly bolt ons and cam only running in the 10's. Haven't ever seen his car but that is what I have heard from a guy at a performance shop I talked to.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

OMFG. Ya ya ya. If you were sponsored this, and if you were sponsored that, and if you had the money you would do this and that, and yada yada yada. If, if, if. We gotcha - You're an internet racing poser without a clue. Check.

No, no LS1 F-body or any Cobra is going into 11s stock. Never said they did. However, you continually change your story to try and cover your tracks. We all see it - deny it all you want, then go back to post in which I gave you some advice. You really, really, really should take it.

I guess only you knew what you were talking about. As far as we know.

As for the 02/05 Cobra thing....come on guys...I don't expect Mr Dozens of Trophies to get it, but everybody else......jeeez.

Bob
Old 05-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Teching In

OMFG. Ya ya ya. If you were sponsored this, and if you were sponsored that, and if you had the money you would do this and that, and yada yada yada. If, if, if. We gotcha - You're an internet racing poser without a clue. Check.

No, no LS1 F-body or any Cobra is going into 11s stock. Never said they did. However, you continually change your story to try and cover your tracks. We all see it - deny it all you want, then go back to post in which I gave you some advice. You really, really, really should take it.

I guess only you knew what you were talking about. As far as we know.

As for the 02/05 Cobra thing....come on guys...I don't expect Mr Dozens of Trophies to get it, but everybody else......jeeez.

Bob
Internet racing poser without a clue, riiiiiight, blow me you chump. Money = performance and everyone knows that. I don't want my car to run in the 9's because I like to drive it on the street and have it covered by Geico who carries my insurance. No need to change my story so get it straight. Like I said before, I know what my 89 iroc did to stangs on the street and I'm not changing this either, stangs are garbage. You wanna run me heads up then build or find a car I can drive that compares in power, weight and so on and I will run you and then we can have a drivers race. Otherwise I will even run you with my car but everyone should know the outcome of that but I bet I would still leave you sitting on the line.

Quick Reply: Raced a New Stang GT "OVER RATED"