Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a New Stang GT "OVER RATED"

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I like me the 05+ 'Stangs. What I don't like is a moron with a big ego, it doesn't matter what he drives. I know I've taken a couple of stock 05-06 GT's in my Z, and I beat one manual that needed the driver mod, but they're competitive with my LS1. I enjoy running them, and wow, I need to get me some standard options. Seriously though, if you're going to post something, either be ready to back it up or be like me and admit you aren't all-knowing. I am not a fan of the Fox bodystyle but that's just personal preference. Cobras and well-built 5.0s rock, as do Mach 1's. Just don't pull up alongside my stock LS1, you won't fit on the driveway!
Seriously though, good kill, OP.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
And I'm sorry, you simply don't know what you're talking about when it comes to 3rd Gen VS Fox-body.
HMMMMM I must have drempt beating all those cars with various different people in the car while I ran some of these other cars telling me how impressed they were with it for it being pretty much stock except for some free mods, a chip ( worthless ), airfoil and a catback. As for a 3rd gen not cornering like a foxbody maybe we are talking about a 6 cylinder sport coupe camaro or a rs but a iroc or z28 not cornering better then a stang ? Maybe the driver mod was needed there because that is bs.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Bob Cosby]88 Mustang Coupe. Bone stock except a lousy computer chip (this was 1988, after all) it went 14.07 @ 99 mph. Add an off-road exhaust and it went 13.75 @ 100 mph. With just bolt-ons and slicks, it went 12.52 @ 107 mph.

There are other similar examples out there.

Someone please find me a 3rd Gen that has gone anywhere near that quick with an externally-stock, original motor. For that matter, find me one that has broken 12's at all with just bolt-ons.

Here is a 89 IROC ( must be one without the a/c ) that just got new 3.27 gears and went 13.98 ( look at the bottom of the page ) and then after some other mods put down better times. Here is a link.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...slip-7924.html
Old 05-13-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

My friend with a lt1 6 speed, cai and flowmaster z28 beat a new gt pretty easily. The are over-rated pigs.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

I have beat them in my old LT1 also when I was bone stock.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 91 LS1 Z28
HMMMMM I must have drempt beating all those cars with various different people in the car while I ran some of these other cars telling me how impressed they were with it for it being pretty much stock except for some free mods, a chip ( worthless ), airfoil and a catback.
While it is certainly possible that it was indeed all a dream....Anything is possible on the street, and most of it is virtually impossible to verify, quantify, or qualify. That's the reason some of us like to use timeslips from a dragstrip - which you seem to be lacking (be it from your own car or someone elses).

As for a 3rd gen not cornering like a foxbody maybe we are talking about a 6 cylinder sport coupe camaro or a rs but a iroc or z28 not cornering better then a stang ? Maybe the driver mod was needed there because that is bs.
FWIW, and IMHO, the 3rd Gen would outhandle a Fox. Not that this is saying a whole lot.

Here is a 89 IROC ( must be one without the a/c ) that just got new 3.27 gears and went 13.98 ( look at the bottom of the page ) and then after some other mods put down better times. Here is a link.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...slip-7924.html
Uh. Wow. This person went 13.98 with...

- Shorty headers
- Catback
- Aftermarket converter
- 'Beefed up' 700R4 Tranny
- Suspension mods
- Gutted airbox

In the example above, the 88 Coupe went 13.75 with...

A chip (as worthless as the one you described, but its a 'mod')
Off-road exhaust

Good comparison you came up with there.

And where is the 3rd Gen (surely there is ONE out there) that runs 12s - or anywhere near 12s - with bolt-ons only?

Short of an 89 TTA (or an ultra-rare 92 Firehawk), you're not going to find one. But I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Bob
Old 05-13-2007, 08:32 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by lovescamaros28
I have beat them in my old LT1 also when I was bone stock.
Well alot of stuff happens that shouldn't necessarily happen
Old 05-14-2007, 01:18 AM
On The Tree

I think considering the gm line is all big motors making big hp, it's neat to see that ford does it with a 4.6. Gm uses a 5.7 and 6.0 and bigger. I read an aritcle though, that said corvettes will soon come with a smaller engine, but with a supercharger, which would be interesting. I'm thinking... like 2009 or something.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:03 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn you Mustang guys know it all, too bad I bought my car in February with the LS1 in it already and all the other mods done to it already. I didn't care what motor it had in it really as long as it made around 350 horse or more at the motor and had a T56. It just so happens I wanted a 9 inch rear ( the only good thing ford makes ). I didn't and still don't have the time to do the stuff my car has done to it and I wouldn't pay someone to do something I can do myself with a few friends and a few cases of beer. I don't have to do a google search either, a/c in irocs was a standard factory option unless the car was ordered without it or it was a 1le. Then again, do you even know what a 1le is ? LOL, nice granny shifting and R/T in your video also.
1. Know more than you
2. Obviously you bought the car like it is and immediately thought it was unbeatable. You obviously do not impress as having the knowledge/ability to do the mods yourself.
3. 9 inch rear is the only good thing Ford makes...
4. Get caught with beer and you'll be in BIG trouble.

Does your momma ever let you take that beast to the track? I'd seriously like to see some pics, timeslips and footage of that thing kicking mustang ***.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
1. Know more than you
2. Obviously you bought the car like it is and immediately thought it was unbeatable. You obviously do not impress as having the knowledge/ability to do the mods yourself.
3. 9 inch rear is the only good thing Ford makes...
4. Get caught with beer and you'll be in BIG trouble.

Does your momma ever let you take that beast to the track? I'd seriously like to see some pics, timeslips and footage of that thing kicking mustang ***.
1. Right, sure you do.
2. Refer to #1. Obviously you bought your terminator with it's bolt on power for some reason. Maybe lack of know how on your part, maybe not. I live in a apartment complex where I can't work on my car at all and can't do it at the garage I rent for it either. You can't even change a flat tire in my complex without the apartment manager giving you **** for it.
3. It's the truth.
4. I'll drink you under the table any day of the week.
5. Your wife would rather ride in my car then help you push your broken ford off the road.
6. Have only raced 6 cars so far with my car, Embarrassed 4 of them and was dead even with the other 2. Oh yeah, one of them was a ford focus that beat a stang gt, I handed him his first kill, WITH BENT PUSHRODS. I have it on dvd too but don't have the software to convert the file to be able to load it to a video hosting site but know someone who does. When I get it uploaded I will post it.
7. Pinks all out this past weekend at Maple Grove Raceway. Quite a few rustangs there and only 2 of them were actually quick. The rest couldn't hold a candle to the competition. Oh yeah, A CAMARO WON THE $10,000. There are thousands of witnesses to that FACT.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Launching!

In before the
Old 05-14-2007, 02:57 PM
9 Second Club

1. Right, sure you do.
2. Refer to #1. Obviously you bought your terminator with it's bolt on power for some reason. Maybe lack of know how on your part, maybe not. I live in a apartment complex where I can't work on my car at all and can't do it at the garage I rent for it either. You can't even change a flat tire in my complex without the apartment manager giving you **** for it.
3. It's the truth.
5. Your wife would rather ride in my car then help you push your broken ford off the road.
6. Let me get this straight...you have only raced 6 cars so far with my car, Embarrassed 4 of them and was dead even with the other 2. Oh yeah, one of them was a ford focus that beat a stang gt, I handed him his first kill, WITH BENT PUSHRODS. I have it on dvd too but don't have the software to convert the file to be able to load it to a video hosting site but know someone who does. When I get it uploaded I will post it.
7. Pinks all out this past weekend at Maple Grove Raceway. Quite a few rustangs there and only 2 of them were actually quick. The rest couldn't hold a candle to the competition. Oh yeah, A CAMARO WON THE $10,000. There are thousands of witnesses to that FACT.

1. Yep
2. I built/modified/restored all 4 of my mustangs, currently restoring a 66 Galaxie and my wife has an 06 Saleen S281E (Stock). 4 of the 5 mustangs will crush your 91, bent-pushrod LS1. I figure you could take the stock 65 GT K-code vert and the 66 galaxie is frame-off right now.
3. No another (ignorant) opinion.
4. HeHe. You obviously don't know me. My 6'-4" 270 frame soaks up alchohol pretty well not to mention that I'm actually old enough to purchase alchohol.
5. See no.2. My wife would crush you with HER car. She's actually driven deep into the 11s. Have you?
6. Raced 6 cars... and your 4 for 6 including a focus kill?
7. I'm very familiar with PINKS! I've been there more than once and should be participating in the next all-out shoot at MIR. You're obviously not familiar with the All-Out race format or the aired episodes leading to the last one you speak of or you wouldn't be running your mouth. More ignorance.

You should cut the crap, man. You don't know me. This is the internet! I hope you're e-world alligator mouth doesn't talk as much **** in the real world and get your salemander *** in trouble.

I travel to tracks on the East Coast. Let me know which track you would like to meet and if it fits my schedule, you can video your car given any one of 3 "rustangs" I own a friendly little spanking. Then you can come on here and talk all the **** you want. No worries...my **** ford will break before it ever gets to the starting line.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

1. Right, sure you do.
3. It's the truth.
6. Have only raced 6 cars so far with my car, Embarrassed 4 of them and was dead even with the other 2. Oh yeah, one of them was a ford focus that beat a stang gt, I handed him his first kill, WITH BENT PUSHRODS. I have it on dvd too but don't have the software to convert the file to be able to load it to a video hosting site but know someone who does. When I get it uploaded I will post it.
Friendly advice - don't post anymore in this thread or on this subject. Really. I've been doing this internet car Forum thing for a LONG time.

Take it or leave it.
Bob
Old 05-14-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Friendly advice - don't post anymore in this thread or on this subject. Really. I've been doing this internet car Forum thing for a LONG time.

Take it or leave it.
Bob
Now there is some good advice

91 LS1 Z28... seriously, how old are you? You post like an immature 15 year old.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

Doh! Found a couple of 12 second 'bolt-on' 3rd Gens. Both L98 Autos. One has an aftermarket intake, but no biggie to me. It went 12.78. The other with a stock intake, and it went 12.93.

Glad to see it has finally been done.

Bob
Old 05-15-2007, 12:01 AM
Launching!

Doh! Found a couple of 12 second 'bolt-on' 3rd Gens. Both L98 Autos. One has an aftermarket intake, but no biggie to me. It went 12.78. The other with a stock intake, and it went 12.93.

Glad to see it has finally been done.

Bob
HA Ha! thank god for the internet you found 2 in the whole United States.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:08 AM
Launching!

Nice kill, ive been hunting me 1...lol
Old 05-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
1. Yep
2. I built/modified/restored all 4 of my mustangs, currently restoring a 66 Galaxie and my wife has an 06 Saleen S281E (Stock). 4 of the 5 mustangs will crush your 91, bent-pushrod LS1. I figure you could take the stock 65 GT K-code vert and the 66 galaxie is frame-off right now.
3. No another (ignorant) opinion.
4. HeHe. You obviously don't know me. My 6'-4" 270 frame soaks up alchohol pretty well not to mention that I'm actually old enough to purchase alchohol.
5. See no.2. My wife would crush you with HER car. She's actually driven deep into the 11s. Have you?
6. Raced 6 cars... and your 4 for 6 including a focus kill?
7. I'm very familiar with PINKS! I've been there more than once and should be participating in the next all-out shoot at MIR. You're obviously not familiar with the All-Out race format or the aired episodes leading to the last one you speak of or you wouldn't be running your mouth. More ignorance.

You should cut the crap, man. You don't know me. This is the internet! I hope you're e-world alligator mouth doesn't talk as much **** in the real world and get your salemander *** in trouble.

I travel to tracks on the East Coast. Let me know which track you would like to meet and if it fits my schedule, you can video your car given any one of 3 "rustangs" I own a friendly little spanking. Then you can come on here and talk all the **** you want. No worries...my **** ford will break before it ever gets to the starting line.
BOO HOO, don't cry now. You wanna come on the internet and start bashing people when I didn't flame anybody and then question MY age. Same goes for the rest of the peanut gallery. Internet tough guys driving mustangs posting absolute BULLSHIT on a GM site. Good for you that you built your cars, do you want a cookie ? Are you the first to ever do this ? Don't think so. It must be nice to have the time and money to do so. Yup you are right, a ford focus, THAT BEAT A MUSTANG LOL, that's some funny ****. Yeah I can and will run my mouth if need be and can back it up. Are you threatning me over the internet Mr. 6'4 270 pound internet tough guy ? I figured as much, blah ****** blah, CHUMP. I've seen pinks maybe 5 times because I worked 2nd shift, do you want another cookie because you have seen the show and participated ? The format ? It isn't hard to figure out that out of 16 cars they are going to pick a pack of 16 cars that run pretty close together which I think only ONE stang made the pack. That's pathetic, 1 out of over 50 there. There was however quite a few camaros in the 16. I don't have bent pushrods any more either dipshit. By the way, it's pretty hard to run deep into the 11's with a car that doesn't have motor mods and is rated at under 350 horsepower from the factory. Never thought my car was unbeatable either and the 2 cars that gave me a even run were a gto and a bmw m3, the gto having bolt ons. I'm done with the peanut gallery in this thread.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kennyxg
HA Ha! thank god for the internet you found 2 in the whole United States.
Hmmmm, 12.78 is faster then your time with bolt ons and a obvious cam swap, must be another freak camaro. There is probably plenty more out there too it could just be that other people don't have to pound their chest. Now I'm done.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:20 AM
9 Second Club

Now I'm done.

Quick Reply: Raced a New Stang GT "OVER RATED"