Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Integra Vs. C6 100 shot

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wsroberts
So if your only problem is traction, why don't you run better tires?

These are what I use, and I hook up just fine from the low rolls.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...ETStreetRadial
Those are exactly what I'm getting next. Right now I have bfg dr's and I roast them like thanksgiving turkeys. Those are only gonna make it a little better though.... there isn't a compound made that will stand up to 600+ in a fwd car. Get out and pull your car.... then go around and push it... see which one is easier.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slick1851
Theres been only a handful of awd converted hondas....Ive scene two tegs..

They used hyberd CRV drive train, and other things, def not a easy swap what so ever..

And they were making anywere near 650whp...

They had respectable power numbers, and were not setup for drag racing..

gsrhunter why the hell arent you on a damn slick?
I run slicks at the track.... I'm promising you right now that by the end of this season, my car will be deep in the 10's at 140+
Old 07-23-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im currently looking to do sleeper...and everyone and there mothers say hondas are slow..and apperantly its brain washed people..

I might pick up a 4 door 96 civic...redo the paint, just a nice stock paint job, rims some sus...and leave it like that..

Somthing cleans that can sneak the **** up on people
Old 07-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Im currently looking to do sleeper...and everyone and there mothers say hondas are slow..and apperantly its brain washed people..

I might pick up a 4 door 96 civic...redo the paint, just a nice stock paint job, rims some sus...and leave it like that..

El Mirage!
Old 07-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Teching In

Trust me man the feeling you get when you see that WTF look on someones face is priceless.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

Lol, "no offence" (no pun intended) but the first few pages you were being very cocky, or at least it seemed that way. You have a very fast car and I can respect that, ive owned several imports. I dont see why people get all butt hurt when someone roll races, half the kill stories on this board are roll races.For one is easier on your car and two easier to come by. I know I dont pull up to a stranger and say hey follow me and go race from a dig. Most of my races are on the freeway, where im at most of the time, to and from work. Just like some people like to road race, is that stupid? No its just what they like to do (lol, rant off)

Ive seen vids before of that spot in Vegas. I'd love to run out there sometime, Ive heard of all kinds of fast cars running there. Maybe one day I'll take my Vette down to Vegas and I'll have to find out where that spot is.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Banned

mr2- most pontential
civic- fwd pain n da azz, but most aftermarket
300zx
Old 07-23-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nothing gay about roll racing, I refuse to race from a dig 9 times out of 10. What gets a cop more excited than a Vette slewing side to side on a surface street making alot of noise? When they make DR's for those of us that run 20's maybe I will but until then its more about me shutting down some cocky European, Asian car drivers on the freeway.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:13 PM
12 Second Club

slick1851-A 240 with a 1JZ or a 2JZ would be good for you. Not to mention a Lexus SC300 with a 1JZ or 2JZ.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 67maro
slick1851-A 240 with a 1JZ or a 2JZ would be good for you. Not to mention a Lexus SC300 with a 1JZ or 2JZ.

I agree
Old 07-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
why do people insist on calling names and talking crap from the comfort of sitting behind thier keyboard?
because you insisted on posting a kill story and making excuses sitting behind your keyboard.

it's much easier to make a car fast from a roll. it requires no buildup. it doesn't tax the rear as hard, it doesn't tax the trans as hard (assuming you're in the proper gear, nothing's worse than a WOT automatic downshift), it doesn't require knowing how to launch (the hardest part of racing), it doesn't require good tires...it's half-assed. people will tell you that "half assed is half fast." it's a fast car and all, but you're on a domestic forum. most of the guys here are going to say "it's still an integra" and "it sucks at the track." i know i'd rather have my stockish f-body than a fast integra, and i'm sure a lot of people around here would, too, but drive what you like. just expect a hard time with guys like us, we're just, respectfully, into different things.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:36 PM
***Repost Police***

Hell, I'd kill to have my GS-R back just to toy around in. One of the most fun cars I've ever driven.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Launching!

i think the question is WHY you would want to go 170 in an acura. thats a deathwish right there.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:55 PM
***Repost Police***

I don't know... 170mph in an NSX would be pretty fun
Old 07-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
because you insisted on posting a kill story and making excuses sitting behind your keyboard.

it's much easier to make a car fast from a roll. it requires no buildup. it doesn't tax the rear as hard, it doesn't tax the trans as hard (assuming you're in the proper gear, nothing's worse than a WOT automatic downshift), it doesn't require knowing how to launch (the hardest part of racing), it doesn't require good tires...it's half-assed. people will tell you that "half assed is half fast." it's a fast car and all, but you're on a domestic forum. most of the guys here are going to say "it's still an integra" and "it sucks at the track." i know i'd rather have my stockish f-body than a fast integra, and i'm sure a lot of people around here would, too, but drive what you like. just expect a hard time with guys like us, we're just, respectfully, into different things.
Please tell me what excuses I made!!! Requires no build up... I suppose my car just magically appeared this way. and since when do you not need good tires to roll race? I have 26 in tall bfg drag radials and even from 70 my car lights them up by just stepping on the throttle. Last question..... let me go ahead and put on my flame retardant suitLOL You are seriously trying to tell me that if someone told you they would give you a fully built integra..... already capable of 700+whp.... you would say no I want to keep my stock f body. Thats brand loyalty if I ever saw it!!! If someone offered me a lingenfelter C6 Z06 for this integra that I have put countless hours into...... countless headaches.......... my heart and soul into...........I'd be like here's the keys!!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
i think the question is WHY you would want to go 170 in an acura. thats a deathwish right there.
So thats the reason why the grim reaper has been following me around for the past 3 years........ I just thought president bush had took his job and he had nothing better to do!!!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:19 PM
10 Second Club

I'm loving the roll racing hate in here. It's horrible, no matter the car.

When roll racing has a sanctioning body let me know.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Roll racing is good for people who like to avoid breaking ****. I used to try to stick to roll racing for that reason. I knew a lot of f-body people who were all into the track and racing from a dig. Their cars were down and broken 80% of the time due to broken transmissions, rears, ect. Go figure.... It always cracked me up getting made fun of for roll racing by people with broken and abused cars.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Roll racing is good for people who like to avoid breaking ****. I used to try to stick to roll racing for that reason. I knew a lot of f-body people who were all into the track and racing from a dig. Their cars were down and broken 80% of the time due to broken transmissions, rears, ect. Go figure.... It always cracked me up getting made fun of for roll racing by people with broken and abused cars.
You would think somebody who can afford to build these things could spend some cash on the rest of the car to put the power down.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by v8hunter
In the end you are still driving an integra (that runs on race fuel)...kinda like a building a skittle...good top end power, but no chassis behind it. You would be made to look like a fool by even a STOCK wrx from a street light. There is not much respect for ricers here if you have not figured it out yet.

Im not touching the big argument in here. But I will comment on this.

I love the affordable turbo awd cars. I run a 1G AWD DSM. very comparable platform. But my car would take down a stock WRX and this guy would blast my car into the weeds from a dig. He might not do it untill I am at the top of third (maybe) but I would not have a chance. And a car that can do that that appears pretty stock outwardly is not rice.