Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Kiled a shelby GT 500 last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kill..i second getting a sb 03/04 over a shelby i honestly think they're ugly
Old 09-18-2007, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TXFORMULA
its still a mustang. 500hp on a v8 isnt real hard to hit with a forged motor and forced induction. you can put a blower on a vette or fbody and if you had one with forced induction and did a few extra mods,im sure it would "wake up" as well. power to weight ratio sucks and it takes a blower to make its power so its not anything special.you want to compare it to another big dog? the zo6 weighs 31xx lbs and makes 500 NATURALLY aspirated hp. i wonder if it would "wake up" with a blower ? as for sales figures,ever heard of supply & demand ? i believe it goes something along the lines of ; low supply high demand...sure theres more stangs around but who wants to look at the SAME CAR they drive sitting across from them at every light in town ?!

id say its a good kill. thats what its all about,taking a car and making it faster than something it wouldnt normally be able to tangle with. keep it up

i can see that shelby owner now, sitting in front of his computer, trying to find the best headers to buy...
im sure if you took the blower off the gt 500 and added an extra 100 cubic inches it would be just fine as well. power is power. thats a weak statement. and fwiw no mustang was ever ment to compete with a vette. STICKER PRICE for a gt500 is 42k. granted its hard to get one at that price but a c6 z06 sticker is much higher. your comparing apples to oranges. no to hate on the vette tho the new c6 z06 is like sex on wheels
Old 09-18-2007, 01:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL a 133 mph trapping car would beat a modded one too.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
I'd love to have one, but no way I'm paying the crook dealers "market addendum" bullshit price. I've got plenty other things to do with 70K.
Exactly they could be one of the best bang for the buck cars out there if they stayed around the 45K sticker price, however the 20K+ "dealer adjustments" on these things is absurd! Its too bad that everyone has a chubby dick over them and drove the prices through the roof. Id love to have one of these things in my driveway but for 60K+ id rather have a built to the hilt c5/c5 Z06 or a new C6 Z06 or even a used viper srt.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BURN'EM
Thank you I knew there was no bumper cuts. It was getting dark and from where I was at the first thing i could look for was the bumper cuts. My passanger was the one who caught the shelby as we got closer.

The nieghbor moved

Yes he blinked hislil square reverse light twice then nailed it again.
Sorry, I just look at it as dual exhaust no matter what. I just pay attention more than some, I guess.

And to whoever stated butthurt...please tell me where the blue bloods are getting butthurt. The OP's post was contradictin to me, so I asked for clarification. Hell, I even defended him saying the 'SHELBY' logo is not that large on teh production gt500, cause the pic posted was NOT the production rear.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have driven 3 of them now 2 coupes and a vert. Not impressive at all stock but the ones I drove were new. They do not feel that fast stock but I have heard they open up once they get some miles on them. If I could buy one for MSRP I probably would but I would order the pulley/CAI/ LT's and exhaust and have them sitting in my garage to be installed the minute the car was broke in!

On another funny note I had to eat crow when a customer said his GT500 would blow my Corvette away. I didn't want to tick the guy off, I hope I see him on the freeway!
Old 09-18-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Butthurt isnt even close for some of these folks,,,
Nice kill!
Old 09-18-2007, 03:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
LOL. Hope that car gets to 133 before the 1/8th.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao8ghENvPes&NR

Old 09-18-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
LOL. Hope that car gets to 133 before the 1/8th.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao8ghENvPes&NR

its crazy, never had to lift the cam covers. hell just putting the smallest kb on them gives you 810 rwhp w/ just a boost-a-pump and stock tune
Old 09-18-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
you assume too much. what do you consider "modded". with money you can make anything fast including a a gt500
Old 09-18-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steve C.
you assume too much. what do you consider "modded". with money you can make anything fast including a a gt500

true..but with an fbody u can make it FASTER with less money
Old 09-18-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by stangkiller2005
true..but with an fbody u can make it FASTER with less money
Really?...Tune, Pulley = low/mid 11s for <$1000. Can you spend less than a grand to get a fbod to run low mid 11s?

And WHY do so many people toss in the "well for X $$ I can do this" scenario?
Old 09-18-2007, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Really?...Tune, Pulley = low/mid 11s for <$1000. Can you spend less than a grand to get a fbod to run low mid 11s?

And WHY do so many people toss in the "well for X $$ I can do this" scenario?

yes really..how much did you spend on ur cobra or gt500?

YEA EXACTLY! i spent less money!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Launching!

Are we beating on this dead horse again? Of course you can take a cheap A$$ (or cheaper) car and make it fast with X amount of money. Every person who has an iota of automotive knowledge will know this.

A guy who buys a Ferrarai I'm sure knows he can spend the money he used for the Ferrarai on a goddamn Pinto and make it as fast as the Ferrarai.

So is the Pinto somehow a better car than the Ferrarai becuase you dump X amount money and make it faster than a Ferrarai you spent more on?

That seems to me to be the logical conclusion of all these "I spent less money on said car to make it faster than other said car that costs more" arguments, which in fact is not a logical argument at all. It's just plain retarded.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:21 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 93transam
Are we beating on this dead horse again? Of course you can take a cheap A$$ (or cheaper) car and make it fast with X amount of money. Every person who has an iota of automotive knowledge will know this.

A guy who buys a Ferrarai I'm sure knows he can spend the money he used for the Ferrarai on a goddamn Pinto and make it as fast as the Ferrarai.

So is the Pinto somehow a better car than the Ferrarai becuase you dump X amount money and make it faster than a Ferrarai you spent more on?

That seems to me to be the logical conclusion of all these "I spent less money on said car to make it faster than other said car that costs more" arguments, which in fact is not a logical argument at all. It's just plain retarded.
Good post
Old 09-18-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thank you!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

when you compare it a Ferrai to a pinto than yes it would make more logic to get the ferrari..its a compleatly different class of car. we are comparing mustangs to camaros and trans ams. they are more in each others class. and just proves that the mustang is over priced..and because of that you can get an fbody and make it faster for less money... u can go an compare the cheapest car on the planet to one of the worlds super cars. thats just retarted.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by stangkiller2005
when you compare it a Ferrai to a pinto than yes it would make more logic to get the pinto..its a compleatly different class of car. we are comparing mustangs to camaros and trans ams. they are more in each others class. and just proves that the mustang is over priced..and because of that you can get an fbody and make it faster for less money... u can go an compare the cheapest car on the planet to one of the worlds super cars. thats just retarted.
So, by your logic, a stang is still better.....ever taken a 1st gen 6cyl stang and make it fast?....As that poster stated.....that mentality is just plain retarded.

All you are doing is showing you age/maturity with that argument.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Good post
I'm sure it's not the first time it's been said, and definately won't be the last.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:30 PM
***Repost Police***

I'm sure it's not the first time it's been said, and definately won't be the last.
Hell, I've said it a few times in a few different threads... just good to see there are more people that understand that concept