Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Beat a 99ish Cobra in my LT1

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As i hate to say it, due to the fact that rice requires a turbo to make the car slightly fast and w/o it it's nothing, but power is power is power.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I'm sure Ford could have gone the n/a route with the '03-'04 Cobras and the GT500 if they really wanted to... it's not like an n/a DOHC 4.6 or 5.4 is that hard to hit 350hp at the crank with. But for a variety of reasons they chose to go forced induction. Just like the new ZR1. GM could have just done a h/c/i setup on a regular LS7 and gotten quite a bit more power, but they chose to go forced induction.
if ford had done that, i doubt they would be the easy 500rwhp machines they are. it would take more to get them there. my whole point is that a blower makes a difference. if you take a n/a motor thats built right and add fi you see added power.so many aspects come into play from motor to motor and person to person its hard to really compare. i dont hate mustangs. there are things i dont like about them but there are things i dont like about most cars.ive driven a mustang,now i drive an fbody. i had/have my dislikes about both. im just saying they dont call sc & turbos power adders for nothing
Old 01-22-2008, 02:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
really thats funny the new 3v mustangs mod for mod will run all over a lt1. so what does that say about your car?
None that I have seen. And I have seen and raced a whole helluva lot. And not biased here. I own both a Mustang and Camaro.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 95hitam6
well, i respect mustangs all my buddies home have one, but i have yet to race a gt, and the ones i have come across won't race me, and alot of gt owners i have met here are idiots, my co-worker has a 99 gt, kn, catback, auto, tune? and thinks he has 300rwhp. yesterday he said my lt1 was "a pu55y *** engine", i told him i'll smoke em anyday he wants. know what he told me, " i'll never race you cuz you have a 5spd" these are the mustang guys i run into now. sad.
he would be lucky to see 250RWHP through that auto with those very few mods.

you'll waste him.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Redneckbmxer24
he would be lucky to see 250RWHP through that auto with those very few mods.

you'll waste him.
i know but it pisses me off, he talks ****, but when i say lets race he already has 100 excuses why he can't or won't win, and just won't say my cars faster.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
None that I have seen. And I have seen and raced a whole helluva lot. And not biased here. I own both a Mustang and Camaro.
take a bonestock lt1 put a supercharger of your choice @9psi on, and what will it make?

take a bonestock 3v and do the same and you will make 460-500rwhp
Old 01-22-2008, 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

take a bonestock lt1 put a supercharger of your choice @9psi on, and what will it make?

take a bonestock 3v and do the same and you will make 460-500rwhp
you cant compare two motors with different displacements and different intakes and compare them at the same level of psi. that number is measuring the amount of pressure created from restriction- not airflow. which engine has more restriction could be arguable bc the lt1 is larger in displacement but the 3v has an extra valve per cylinder.that just seems like a bad point to me

this reminds me of when i noticed mm&ff magazine bragging about how they made 21lbs of boost on a mustang with the SAME turbos they took off an lt1 that only made 19lbs. same turbos/same airflow with MORE restriction on the mustang
Old 01-22-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TXFORMULA
thanks for the reply 1988. i had a $50 bet(with a mustang owner) that someone would quote my post as if a blower doesnt make a diff. thanks again. funniest part is, he said " nooo, no one is that stupid". -and no, im not calling you stupid
i wasnt saying that a blower doesnt make a difference. "the cobra needs a blower to keep up w/ the ls1 and thats cheating" argument was old in 2003 and it amazes me people still repeat it.

i prefer a FI car to a n/a car any day of the week
Old 01-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Teching In

you cant compare two motors with different displacements and different intakes and compare them at the same level of psi. that number is measuring the amount of pressure created from restriction- not airflow. which engine has more restriction could be arguable bc the lt1 is larger in displacement but the 3v has an extra valve per cylinder.that just seems like a bad point to me

this reminds me of when i noticed mm&ff magazine bragging about how they made 21lbs of boost on a mustang with the SAME turbos they took off an lt1 that only made 19lbs. same turbos/same airflow with MORE restriction on the mustang

okay, well that right there proves my statement, with the same mods the mustang makes more power regardless of the downfalls the lt1 has
Old 01-22-2008, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

okay, well that right there proves my statement, with the same mods the mustang makes more power regardless of the downfalls the lt1 has
i think you fail to see the point. those 2lbs of extra boost on the mustang are a negative thing. the mustang WAS NOT getting anymore airflow,was not making anymore power than the lt1 yet it showed more boost bc it was more restrictive consequently causing MORE pressure on the motor,which isnt good...

new mustang owners pay $19000+ for 25 more hp than an lt1 that can be had for $5-7k. THAT'S a downfall. if you are going to talk about downfalls, please explain.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
i wasnt saying that a blower doesnt make a difference. "the cobra needs a blower to keep up w/ the ls1 and thats cheating" argument was old in 2003 and it amazes me people still repeat it.

i prefer a FI car to a n/a car any day of the week
i hear you but that wasnt the argument i was trying to make. having a blower isnt cheating. i would rather have a fi car as well.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 95hitam6
i know but it pisses me off, he talks ****, but when i say lets race he already has 100 excuses why he can't or won't win, and just won't say my cars faster.
tell him to put up, or shut up, which is it.

next time he talks **** say hey, lets go right now. he will only shut up once you wax his ***. he may make up excuses before, but 9 times out of 10 once you wax their *** they STFU.

for instance theres a 88CRX around my way that belongs to this girl im banging outs brother, it has a fart can, plug wires, and a POS pep boys intake, and he KNEW we was going to kill my 650WHP cobra.

needless to say he STFU when i MURDERED him in my 8000LBS F250 with a bigger turbo, methanol, and 38PSI, that runs mid 12's. i simply said hey, you beat my truck, ill race you in the cobra. havent heard him talking **** since.

EDIT: andby murdered i mean launch brake boosting at 25PSI, in 4WD, smoke all 4 tires for a good 50 feet, and continue to put 20 buslengths on him by 120.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:41 PM
***Repost Police***

new mustang owners pay $19000+ for 25 more hp than an lt1 that can be had for $5-7k. THAT'S a downfall. if you are going to talk about downfalls, please explain.
Please... not this one.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow this thread went south even from when I posted in here last. I'll just say that teh LS1 can nevar loose, and this thread is done
Old 01-22-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Please... not this one.
cant handle the truth ? i mean really. who the hell are these guys that will pay 19k for a mustang gt when for the same or less you could have an ls1 fbody or a terminator. knock me all you want. you know its true
Old 01-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Teching In

cant handle the truth ? i mean really. who the hell are these guys that will pay 19k for a mustang gt when for the same or less you could have an ls1 fbody or a terminator. knock me all you want. you know its true
find me a nice terminator for 19,000 and i will buy it 2marrow, y do ppl but dodge vipers for 80,000 when they could buy my car for 45K and beat them, because ppl buy what they want, like, and can afford so take that bs arguement somewhere else!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:24 PM
***Repost Police***

Why buy an '02 LS1 F-body when you can spend half as much as get a '98? Why buy an '04 Vette when you can spend half as much and get a '97? Like I said, please not this argument.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

find me a nice terminator for 19,000 and i will buy it 2marrow, y do ppl but dodge vipers for 80,000 when they could buy my car for 45K and beat them, because ppl buy what they want, like, and can afford so take that bs arguement somewhere else!
yeah, and ford guys like cobras. so why buy a gt for what you could have a termi for ? ? ? 19k will get you one that runs decent with some mileage on it.22k should get you one with reasonable mileage on it. its you guys that are on here ALL the time talking 04 cobra this and 04 cobra that.so if all you stang guys love them so much why did any of you buy a 05-up gt ? ? ? i also think its funny how you had nothing to say when i made a response to your "mod for mod" argument but you jumped on this like a lab screwing a poodle. you take your bull**** somewhere else!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Why buy an '02 LS1 F-body when you can spend half as much as get a '98? Why buy an '04 Vette when you can spend half as much and get a '97? Like I said, please not this argument.
it wasnt that argument at all. eleanor was talking about the "downfalls" of lt1s(which he never came back and explained) so i thought id point out the fact that an lt1 car is a reasonably priced platform to start a build with. with my other 12k i could make it ALOT faster than an 07 gt.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this thread is comparable to a pack of retards running into a wall