Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

How many of you stopped racing on the street?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when someone you know, very well for a long time gets hurt, everything changes. i might do one run at three in the morning with safety cars checking for deer, debris, traffic, and all that nonsense, but its one run, you win, you lose, you go home and talk about it.
most of the time it takes a 40-60 burst or 20-60 and you have proved your point. there isnt many low 11 high ten street cars in my area, so i dont get alot of ****, and its nice, most people give a rev, i rev, and i get a thumbs up.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT1SC95Z
when someone you know, very well for a long time gets hurt, everything changes. i might do one run at three in the morning with safety cars checking for deer, debris, traffic, and all that nonsense, but its one run, you win, you lose, you go home and talk about it.
most of the time it takes a 40-60 burst or 20-60 and you have proved your point. there isnt many low 11 high ten street cars in my area, so i dont get alot of ****, and its nice, most people give a rev, i rev, and i get a thumbs up.

+1
Old 02-03-2008, 02:23 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Never started.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

In texas you get points on your license, plus they add more charges to the infraction, such as speeding, and wreckless driving.... you don't get to take some defensive driving courses for that...
Old 02-03-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by transam5.7lt1
In texas you get points on your license, plus they add more charges to the infraction, such as speeding, and wreckless driving.... you don't get to take some defensive driving courses for that...
yeah? well in ca they crush your car infront of your face. beat that.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jermzz
yeah? well in ca they crush your car infront of your face. beat that.
Ridiculous if you ask me. Instead of tooling the faggotry out of the car to reintroduce it into the population via police auction, they crush it? And force their owners to watch? A waste, really.

Looks like there's a Supra in the pile. These kids are doing what the kids of the '60s-'80s were doing in cars of our caliber. They may be ricers but this is not warranted.

/off-topic

EDIT: N/M, I don't think that's a Supra.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they only crush cars with stolen parts
Old 02-04-2008, 02:40 PM
11 Second Club

I raced a squirrel running down the side of the road once. It was close at first..but once I got traction I beat it by 16 squirrels by 45mph.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by artist71
I raced a squirrel running down the side of the road once. It was close at first..but once I got traction I beat it by 16 squirrels by 45mph.
LMAO wow. I am too paranoid to street race. But once in a while I will give it some go if I am up against another muscle.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:13 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jermzz
Try and stop me...gotta catch me first.
You're on skinnies, I don't think you'll be running from even the slowest of Crown Vics for long

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Last edited by Scoggin Dickey; 02-04-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by artist71
funniest stuff i read all day
Old 02-04-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

To the OP: Shouldn't you be busy handing out Jehovah's Witness leaflets or something?

Jim
Old 02-05-2008, 06:31 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DeltaT
To the OP: Shouldn't you be busy handing out Jehovah's Witness leaflets or something?

Jim
This thread has nothing to do with religion. It's not necassary to believe in a higher power in order to respect safety and human life. Because by not street racing the life I save could be my own. Think about it

Darren
Old 02-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Teching In

im not as bad about street racing as i used to be. i used to go around just looking for races. ill race someone that i come up on while on the freeway but i dont go looking for them. i go to the local car meets now and after midnight we go out in the middle of the desert and race.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by darrensls1
This thread has nothing to do with religion. It's not necassary to believe in a higher power in order to respect safety and human life. Because by not street racing the life I save could be my own. Think about it

Darren
Nobody can argue with your reasoning on safety. However, there are inherent risks in almost everything we do. Hell, even starting the car is a prelude to one of the most dangerous things we can do - drive in public.

I won't say that street racing isn't compounding upon the risk already present in driving (anyone with more than two braincells would agree that it aggravates the situation), but depending upon the precautions of the participating drivers, the danger can be greatly minimized.

I find that many antagonists of street racing are "black and white" people - either you save a life, or you take one "eventually". We don't need statistics to prove your point either, as many of us would agree that street racers are at a higher risk for being involved in accidents. However, I'm willing to wager that most of the folks in here have street raced more than a dozen times and have come out unscathed, and will remain as such. Whether or not you agree, you cannot argue the fact that there is the gray area - the area in which people either occasionally or habitually engage in street racing without harming a soul. Call them stupid, lucky, or blessed; the area remains.

Street racing CAN be safe enough for some of us to indulge as often as we do. For those that believe that you can never be too safe - I understand that this will not jive with you. Just realize that not everyone who does it will get hurt or hurt somebody. There are too many situations and variables to account for to say that street racing is just plain dumb.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Teching In

^^^damn dude, i couldnt agree with u more. i hate it when people say "street racing kills". that cant be said about street racing in general. there is a safer way of street racing where only the racers are being put at risk. alot of people wont take the time to look at that and think about it. im not saying street racing is ok, i know its wrong but street racing is going to happen without a doubt so we just have to be smart about it.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

back when i was making 300whp i used to ride around looking for races. since i got my 383 and everything else, i go to the track when i can and i will only race when i know its not a cop and i know theres no cops for a long way. so needless to say ive only had about 3 races on the street in the last 6 months.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

I think when people race in traffic and around neighborhoods are the ones that seem to have no respect for other people. Those are the people that kill innocent people. Ive seen people race through heavy traffic and cut people off just to win. Thats messed up and at the moment I wish I had a rocket on my car that I could use to blow them up...OH...or a lazer.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by darrensls1

Darren
My point is that it is really lame to come into a forum titled 'Street Racing & Kill Stories' and post your questions.

If you don't like street racing, don't do it. And leave the lecture at home.

Oh, and I differentiate between street racing and stupid driving.

Jim
Old 02-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I stopped for the most part, but every once in awhile I will get a few runs in with some friends.

It's pretty hit and miss, and you have to know the right people to get into anything that's actually fun anymore.

Quick Reply: How many of you stopped racing on the street?