Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Sat night runs ( Berlin Turnpike CT )

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sat night runs ( Berlin Turnpike CT )

Few races from last Saturday and yesterday. My car is an 02 Z28 with lid and c/b.

LAST WEEK:
1st race was 03/04 cobra, black, with a sticker in the window for some motor place. I thought I was gona be raped but ended up winning by about half a car. Launch was in 2nd up till end of 3rd.

2nd race was vs a red evo with no wing. Fire was shooting out of the exhaust. First run was from around a 30 roll ( in 1st ). Had him by around 1 car lenght ( maybe a lil less ). Did another run up the highway and he won by a lil bit. Car was nice.

THIS WEEK
Alot of cops out. Alot of normal cars pulled over. Lots of nice cars at dunken donuts and a few ricers at taco bell. Only had one race vs a black evo (04??).

We line up going around 30 and I mess up so he slows down and waits. Next run I start in 2nd at around 4200. He gets the jump and its basicly a tie. Run one more time ( I actualy forget what gear ) up the hill by circut city to dunken donuts, I belive he edged me out at first then I caught up and it was even ( I wasn't looking out my side window to see how far I was pulling ). His turbo has a loud blowoff, and I think I saw a red LED counter in the drivers side. We get to roy rogers and he guns it, but I don't follow as cars are in front of me. NOW FOR THE FUNNY PART!

As the evo is flying up the road past walmart, a cop goes over the curb , flys out and trys to turn onto the road but fishtails major hard, then he catchs it and starts going forward. The cop is a huge dickwad for pulling **** like that to catch a car going up a deserted road kinda fast. Anyways, he goes up the road a little bit and then stops on the side. He waits for me to go by and then starts to ride next to me in the breakdown lane. I'm like wtf, then he cuts me off and flys up the road WOT. Later down the road I catch up to mr evo, I roll down my window to warn him but he just revs and takes off. I follow behind him and then low and behold its piggy hidding by the CT light and power parking lot. He comes out after me and evo pass by ( loud as **** ) and goes behind me. I pull over and come to a slow roll, then he goes after mr evo. Evo pulls over and they are around 150ft in front of me. I decide I'm not gona wait around, nor drive by them. I go off into the light and power parking lot up the big hill, then onto some back street. I go as far from the pike as I can, and do not know what happed. I don't think I'll be back in my Z28 for a few weeks lol. Id like to find out what happend to the evo guy, prolly gona post on the evo forums.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When cops start recognizing your car, it's time to move.

Fun stuff, but playing with fire...

Jim
Old 03-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

What are your mods?
Old 03-23-2008, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

time to lay low for a good while. not worth it to go back out
Old 03-23-2008, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
What are your mods?
mods are on the first line.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was at the pike Friday and Saturday night, but didn't stop in to DD because I didn't recognize anyone there. I won't race at all on the pike itself, although there are a few spots not far from there that you can get away with if you're careful. I can't wait for the Burger King Mopar show to open up. Usually quite a crowd there and it's all legal, so I like to head up to that one where the cops won't kick you out.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Teching In

sound like a fun and scary nite. good kills but if you only have a lid and catback the cobra should have at least 50whp more than you and pull a little but oh well thats street racin. good kills
Old 03-23-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
sound like a fun and scary nite. good kills but if you only have a lid and catback the cobra should have at least 50whp more than you and pull a little but oh well thats street racin. good kills
I think I won that race because I was alone, and he had his girl in the car. Add the 200lbs of extra car + 140lbs girl. My hardtop Z was 3470lbs at the truck stop scale.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nice kill on the terminator...wish I could find a stock one
Old 03-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Banned

I havnt been up there in like 5 years...The cops were out of hand back then I can imagine now. I might go up there this Sat. to take a peak.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:48 PM

So you're one of the idiots that we watch racing right on the pike. I love watching people get pulled over after they were doing something so stupid. At least keep it discreet.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
So you're one of the idiots that we watch racing right on the pike. I love watching people get pulled over after they were doing something so stupid. At least keep it discreet.
99% of the cars I see pulled over are normal everyday cars with ghetto looking people in them. The other night was the first time I saw people pulled over for racing. I wonder if the cop profiled the import ( seems like most of the time its imports getting hit up ).
Old 03-24-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
Good kills but hard to believe the cobra kill. Cobra needs a driver mod
Old 03-24-2008, 06:09 PM

ZeroFear, I know what you're saying about the regular cars getting pulled over, but trust me that they'd rather get the street racers. Racing on the Pike is not smart, trust me, I've been there. Talk to PewterScreaminMach privately for better details on where to keep it discreet.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
ZeroFear, I know what you're saying about the regular cars getting pulled over, but trust me that they'd rather get the street racers. Racing on the Pike is not smart, trust me, I've been there. Talk to PewterScreaminMach privately for better details on where to keep it discreet.
I'll have to come say hello if I see you guys up there. Every time I go I never see another LS1 ( cept the time I raced a white a4 trans am ).
Old 03-25-2008, 04:51 AM

The white A4 TA sounds like Jimmy.

Quick Reply: Sat night runs ( Berlin Turnpike CT )