Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Well I'm Pissed.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 10:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I'm Pissed.......

Went to a swap meet the last weekend in april and I found an LS1 brake kit for my car. I bought both spindles, rotors, wheel bearings, and drivers side caliper and bracket for $40. I was pretty stocked for the good deal, brought them home and sandblasted the spindles and got them all painted. Well today I finally got some time to install them and guess what.......******* drivers side knuckle is bent and the wheel bearing is bent too. The top of my wheel hangs out past the fender about 3" so its bent really bad, I can't believe I didn't notice it before hand but I didn't.

So now I guess I have to put the LT1 brakes back on since I really can't afford to buy the knuckles right now.

So I guess I'll get some good pads and test fit the passengers side to see if its fucked up too.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That sucks man.

Who the hell sells bent spindles?? The guy selling them had to know they were bent, the car must have been in a wreck or something.

I'd question the other side too. If its even a little bit bent it will throw off your wheel alignment pretty bad.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
That sucks man.

Who the hell sells bent spindles?? The guy selling them had to know they were bent, the car must have been in a wreck or something.

I'd question the other side too. If its even a little bit bent it will throw off your wheel alignment pretty bad.
Yeah I hear you, but I should have been skeptical since they were only $40 to start with. I'll test fit the passengers side and see how it is, but now I think I may be better off just getting a different complete setup.

But I couldn't ever sell something that was junk, I couldn't sleep at night if I did
Old 05-25-2009, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
Yeah I hear you, but I should have been skeptical since they were only $40 to start with. I'll test fit the passengers side and see how it is, but now I think I may be better off just getting a different complete setup.

But I couldn't ever sell something that was junk, I couldn't sleep at night if I did
I would probably just get two new ones.

If ones bent, the other probably is bent to some degree too. It takes some force to bend a spindle.

Too bad about that, the LS1 brakes are a very nice upgrade.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have two LS1 spindles for sale, PM me if interested.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by InsaneAuto86
I have two LS1 spindles for sale, PM me if interested.
Depending on the price I may be interested. I may sell a set of wheels gone this week so I might have some extra cash.

I'll send a PM though
Old 05-29-2009, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks to InsaneAuto86 hopefully I'll have the brake swap done next weekend and have the car back on the road after a long winter

All that is needed is.....
rotors
brake pads
hoses

and I get everything at cost, so I shouldn't do too bad
Old 05-30-2009, 07:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
Thanks to InsaneAuto86 hopefully I'll have the brake swap done next weekend and have the car back on the road after a long winter

All that is needed is.....
rotors
brake pads
hoses

and I get everything at cost, so I shouldn't do too bad
You need the LS1 rotors/brake pads right? I have LT1 rotor, LT1 pads, LT1 lines, and LS1 lines for sale too if you need them.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by InsaneAuto86
You need the LS1 rotors/brake pads right? I have LT1 rotor, LT1 pads, LT1 lines, and LS1 lines for sale too if you need them.
HAHA thanks man, but I'm getting a good deal locally thanks for the offer though

Quick Reply: Well I'm Pissed.......