Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

A few new products from UMI Performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009 | 10:05 AM
FormerVendor

Default A few new products from UMI Performance

Hello Everyone,

We have released a few new small products for the F-Body... so please take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

93-02 Drive Shaft loops- We offer two versions depending on your exhaust set-up. Priced at $94.99

www.umiperformance.com/2025
www.umiperformance.com/2032

Adjustable panhard bar for the budget racer- Priced at $99.99

www.umiperformance.com/2019

A-Arms that now feature polyurethane bushings on one while still being adjustable- Priced at $378.99 and the kit $547.99

www.umiperformance.com/2305
www.umiperformance.com/230511

Old 08-11-2009 | 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

UMI just keeps getting better and better. Nice job, Ryan.

FWIW ... 3 years of HARD road racing on a set of UMI LCAs and PHB ... no sign of them giving up. Maybe you build them too good ...
Old 08-11-2009 | 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you plan on making a adjustable lower control arm that features all polyurethane or even delrin bushings?
Old 08-11-2009 | 12:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mitchntx
UMI just keeps getting better and better. Nice job, Ryan.

FWIW ... 3 years of HARD road racing on a set of UMI LCAs and PHB ... no sign of them giving up. Maybe you build them too good ...
Thanks Mitch and maybe you are right

Originally Posted by Black_Z28
Do you plan on making a adjustable lower control arm that features all polyurethane or even delrin bushings?
We do make adjustable control arms with poly bushings seen here- www.umiperformance.com/2018

We have a rebuildable swivel joint in production now that will use Delrin as a race. It is a very nice set-up and I am pretty exited to get it on the market! We have been working on it (testing it) for two years now... just need to finish the production.

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2009 | 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UMI Performance

We have a rebuildable swivel joint in production now that will use Delrin as a race. It is a very nice set-up and I am pretty exited to get it on the market! We have been working on it (testing it) for two years now... just need to finish the production.

Thanks!
I apologize, I should have clarified....I meant front lower A-Arms. Sorry.
Old 08-11-2009 | 12:56 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Black_Z28
I apologize, I should have clarified....I meant front lower A-Arms. Sorry.
Hello,

Here is what we have- www.umiperformance.com/2305

This features poly bushings on one end. If you read the second paragraph in the ad it explains why we still use a rod end on this application and why both ends can not be polyurethane. Our new swivel bushing will be available in our A-Arms as well.

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2009 | 01:21 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Are the poly rod ends available seperately for front LCA's that currently have heim joints installed? Do you have a part number for them?

I noticed you sell these bushings seperately for panard bars, and rear LCA's, just figured I'd ask.
Old 08-11-2009 | 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey:

Great!
Maybe next you can make 93-97 auto/4l60, 93-97 manual/t56, 98-02 auto/4l60e, and 98-02 man/t56 tranny crossmembers, without the Torque Arm mount for those of us with tunnel mount TAs. With the DS mount, front area angled off 45 degrees so they don't touch DS cats if used in that area. I'm sure this would be an easy product to manufacture and sell if advertised, since you already have it, just leave off the TA mt, ! less welding process, angle cut the front left, I Don't know why it is there anyway I think it would even look better without it hanging down and 1 less place to make contact without really sacrificing any strength. I know I would buy one like this, if the price was inline with the conversion crossmembers

Dub

When In Doubt Do Without

Last edited by 1993 z28 f1; 08-11-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-11-2009 | 01:26 PM
Teching In

im just commenting so when i go back home i can find this alot faster.. ..
Old 08-11-2009 | 04:26 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ss1
Are the poly rod ends available seperately for front LCA's that currently have heim joints installed? Do you have a part number for them?

I noticed you sell these bushings seperately for panard bars, and rear LCA's, just figured I'd ask.
Yes they are, we haven't listed them on our site yet but if you are interested I can get you the part # for the sales staff.

Thanks for looking!
Ryan
Old 08-11-2009 | 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Hey Ryan,

I just got my A-Arms a couple weeks ago, but they're the older style without the poly bushing... I didn't know you guys were coming out with these, can we do anything to swap them out? Maybe just the rod end?

Thanks
Old 08-11-2009 | 09:17 PM
Launching!

I was just reading info on both drive shaft loops, and both say that it will not clear 98-02 models with factory y-pipe. So which one should I get? I got an 02 Trans am with stock exhaust but plan on getting american racing longtubes later.
Old 08-11-2009 | 10:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
Hey Ryan,

I just got my A-Arms a couple weeks ago, but they're the older style without the poly bushing... I didn't know you guys were coming out with these, can we do anything to swap them out? Maybe just the rod end?

Thanks
i second on this one. i still got mine sitting here in a box. i wanted adjustable poly. lol
Old 08-12-2009 | 01:51 AM
Launching!

which one of those driveshaft loops is needed to clear true duals?
Old 08-12-2009 | 03:12 AM
TECH Regular

UMI keep going with good products ..

I'm happy with your products
Old 08-12-2009 | 08:07 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by some_punk
I was just reading info on both drive shaft loops, and both say that it will not clear 98-02 models with factory y-pipe. So which one should I get? I got an 02 Trans am with stock exhaust but plan on getting american racing longtubes later.
Hello
The reason why we say it will not clear is because where they merge the factory Y Pipe but aftermarket Y Pipes do clear with no problem!
Thanks
Brad
Originally Posted by 68chevypu
which one of those driveshaft loops is needed to clear true duals?
Hello
Unfortunately there will be a clearance issues and we are still in development on that particular DS loop!
Thanks
Brad

Originally Posted by Cold Zero
UMI keep going with good products ..

I'm happy with your products
Great to hear that you are satisfied with the products!
Thanks
Brad
Old 08-12-2009 | 08:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Thanks Mitch and maybe you are right

We do make adjustable control arms with poly bushings seen here- www.umiperformance.com/2018

Thanks!
your swivel joints, will they be cheaper then what spohn sells theres for? and will it be a direct replace ment. like if i have a rod end i can just swap it out for your jiont?
Old 08-12-2009 | 08:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
The reason why we say it will not clear is because where they merge the factory Y Pipe but aftermarket Y Pipes do clear with no problem!
Thanks
Brad

So I would guess I should get the one designed for long tube headers then. And try to make it work.
Old 08-12-2009 | 08:33 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by some_punk
So I would guess I should get the one designed for long tube headers then. And try to make it work.
If you loosen the y-pipe and mess with it you may be able to get it to clear. When do you plan on getting the ARH headers? Are you getting catted y-pipe or no cats?
Old 08-12-2009 | 08:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

when are you guys going to make the drivers side relocation bracket for the panhard bar when using the panhard bar relocation kit? jegs is the only one that makes one. ill be needing one in a few weeks.

Quick Reply: A few new products from UMI Performance