Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Spohn Adj torque arm

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spohn Adj torque arm

Ok, so i got a spohn adj cross member mounted TA and have a few questions. How hard will it be to install this in the drive way? How high will I need the car jacked up? Will I need wheel ramps for the front or can I just use jackstands? Will it be a 2 man job or could I tackle this alone?
Old 11-12-2010, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I have done one on jack stands before. Jack the car up as high as you can get it and put it up on jack stands, and you can reach everything just fine. Just the 2 bolts that holds the old one on the rearend and the bolt to undo the clam shell and then slide it off the rearend first and then pull it out of the clam shell. Then put your new one on in the reverse order. You could definitely do it yourself. I have done it and if my narrow *** can do it then it should be no problem for you. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

^ Thanks man just want i wanted to hear. About how long would you say it took?

Edited I just saw that you were from Southavan, Are you Tray that hangs out with Arron.

Last edited by lethal bird; 11-12-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

It will prolly take about 30 to an hour. But, as we all know crazy **** can go wrong so that is just an estimate.

Haha yep thats me! How do you know me man?
Old 11-12-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just put the stock one back on in the driveway, and its not that big of an issue. Just like what was stated above, but the only other thing i ran into was my rear end rotated clockwise just a little bit so the pinion was pointing up in the air. the T/A wouldnt fit back on that way, so i had to take a jack and put it under the PHB mount on the rear end to rotate it back down. after that was simple.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by armyboyatc
It will prolly take about 30 to an hour. But, as we all know crazy **** can go wrong so that is just an estimate.

Haha yep thats me! How do you know me man?
My name is Randy I met you one and your gf on night at battlefield with Aaron (I was the really tall skinny guy) and then we all went to north hills. It was the same night that some guy in a stock c5 came flying through the parking lot and reved at you.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh yeah I remember you. Haha I remember that dude, he revved his car up and then I started mine up and drove it over there to try to get a race and he was like nevermind haha. Damn dude I wish I was there, I would ride over and help you out.... Well its not that big of a deal to get it out and the new one in. RedRally made a good point though. when you take the old torque arm off the front of the rearend will rotate up so you will have to jack the back of it up to rotate it back down. Its not a big deal though. Its pretty simple.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by armyboyatc
Oh yeah I remember you. Haha I remember that dude, he revved his car up and then I started mine up and drove it over there to try to get a race and he was like nevermind haha. Damn dude I wish I was there, I would ride over and help you out.... Well its not that big of a deal to get it out and the new one in. RedRally made a good point though. when you take the old torque arm off the front of the rearend will rotate up so you will have to jack the back of it up to rotate it back down. Its not a big deal though. Its pretty simple.
I though that was funny too guess he didnt think his c5 could quiet handle the ss. Yea, theres nothing going on here your not missing much. Its ok but thanks for the thought though.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

No problem dude. Oh, I sent you a friend request and if you need any help or advice then just let me know.