Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

bilstein hd, slp bilstein, tokicos, or kyb adjustables?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 02:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation bilstein hd, slp bilstein, tokicos, or kyb adjustables?

Pirelli 295's, sportlines, shocks, BFH, adj panhard. im doing all this within the next week. ive been searching stuff on sportlines for over a month, but im not sure which would be better: bilstein hds, slp bilsteins, tokicos, or kyb adjustables? i was originally just gonna go with the bilstein hds but ive seen some good things about the kyb's. thanks.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sportlines will ride horribly no matter shocks you use , are you looking for handling or just looks ?

I would go with bilsteins , and I dont think there is ALOT of difference in between slp and hd ones so I wouldnt worry about that .. what I would worry about is the sportlines ..
Old 03-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Staging Lane

yeah im just going for looks and just a little bit better handling. i DD a jeep thats lifted 6.5 inches so bouncy isnt too much of a factor for me im used to it lol. but my exhaust is really tucked ill just have to worry about bottoming out on tracks or bad roads
Old 03-11-2011, 02:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you already have the sportlines or not ? if not Id go with a different spring , or do you want the car "slammed" ? bottoming out might be a problem for you with those ..
Old 03-11-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cemlsx
Do you already have the sportlines or not ? if not Id go with a different spring , or do you want the car "slammed" ? bottoming out might be a problem for you with those ..
And riding on the bump stops. Don't expect handing to improve with Sportlines over stock stuff, way too little suspension travel and poor rates to match. If you're into the slammed look though, they do look nice.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Launching!

id really recommed not gettign the sportlines, you can get springs made to the hieght you want and the rate, which would be a lot better and not too much more money.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:00 PM
TECH Regular

of those choices I'd go with the bilstein HD's. Thats what I run and they're great.

I have KYBs on my 3rd gen, and they're basically half a set up from OEM replacements. Not worth the money.

Bilsteins will go on the turd when i get around to it.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

im into the slammed look, and ive read some stuff about people not bottoming out except for railroad tracks and what not. im on the 17/18 combo and my car looks lifted now. the thing is im just trying these out for the summer, and if they really are that bad ill just get the prokit next spring. but hey 99formulam6r, i noticed your in WI, im in southeast wisconsin. im also going for mechanical engineering lol.

Quick Reply: bilstein hd, slp bilstein, tokicos, or kyb adjustables?