Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

My Rearend wants to cross the line and my front-end heads for the ditch

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 06:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My Rearend wants to cross the line and my front-end heads for the ditch

I'm not sure which way to adjust my LCA's. When I floor it the rearend wants to go to the left and the front end pulls to the ditch.
Is the passenger side rear tire too far forward causing this ?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

....... is this a trick question? Which side is the ditch? Is it a two lane road? Are you drunk and driving into oncoming traffic?

No?

Sounds like you might have two different alignment problems. When's the last time you had the front end alignment done?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why don't you just measure where each rear tire is in the wheel well and adjust so they are both the same. Or just take it to an alignment shop and have the whole car properly done cuz it sound like your front end needs it too
Old 07-23-2011, 01:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"...Is the passenger side rear tire too far forward causing this ?"

problem may be rear thrust line problem,yes the above could be true ( could be a front align problem also ) you should get a complete reont and rear align, but you may eather adjust the right rear back or adjust the left rear forward which should help your problem
do a googe for "rear thrust line "
Johnny
Old 07-23-2011, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

The car drives nice and straight until I get into the boost. When I floor it the rear-end wants to jump out to the left. When that happens the front end pulls to the right. I don't have any strange tire wear up front. I think my problem is in the rearend
I could not tell by looking at it but when I installed the lca's the rear is not straight. Buddy who I bought the rearend off must have welded the lca brackets off a bit. So we had to shorten one lca and lenghten the other.
We put too many parts on that were adjustable at once. And I should have bought double adjustable to make it that much easier to adjust.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:46 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Definitely take it to a reputable alignment shop and have the alignment looked at this will let you know whether you have the rear end completely centered up under the rear of the car. You could take some quick measurements to make sure it pretty close but you won't be 100% sure till you get it on an alignment rack.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 07-25-2011, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Definitely take it to a reputable alignment shop and have the alignment looked at this will let you know whether you have the rear end completely centered up under the rear of the car. You could take some quick measurements to make sure it pretty close but you won't be 100% sure till you get it on an alignment rack.
Thats what I'm going to do. From what I can see the rearend is not centered. Its only out by a quarter inch or so.

What should I expect to pay ?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:30 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by fastcars95
Thats what I'm going to do. From what I can see the rearend is not centered. Its only out by a quarter inch or so.

What should I expect to pay ?
A good alignment can run anywhere from $50-$100 depending on the shop. I think the last time I had one done on my f-body it ran me right at $80.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought a lifetime alignment plan for my car from Firestone for about $125-$145 since I work on my car a lot (throwing off the alignment) and also experiment with the alignment for cornering purposes. The trick is finding a Firestone that has an experienced alignment tech, AND will align a lowered car. So far I have only found two.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:07 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by ZexGX
I bought a lifetime alignment plan for my car from Firestone for about $125-$145 since I work on my car a lot (throwing off the alignment) and also experiment with the alignment for cornering purposes. The trick is finding a Firestone that has an experienced alignment tech, AND will align a lowered car. So far I have only found two.
This is 100% correct because the alignment is only going to be as good as the technician doing it.

Quick Reply: My Rearend wants to cross the line and my front-end heads for the ditch