Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Decided to go with a BMR k-member, what company should I go w/on the a-arms?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004 | 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Default Decided to go with a BMR k-member, what company should I go w/on the a-arms?

First off, do you think that I made the right decision on the k-member? The only ones that I knew of were the PA, BMR, and some company out of Jegs. Main reason I went with the BMR is because it was on sale/GP. Its too late to change my mind about the k-member, but I just like some reassurance that I made a good choice. Anyhow, they decided to run a special on the a-arms as well, so Im thinking about jumping on that as well, but I wanted to get some opinions on them before I do so. So if you are running them or have in the past, what do you think about them? I drive the car on the street here and there, but mainly just at the track. Is there another company that I should consider because I dont mind mismatching brands, I just want to get the best quality pieces. What do you think that I should do? Thanks and sorry so long.
Old 03-08-2004 | 10:14 PM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

I wanted the Aje racing k member but I ended up going with the bmr because of the price also. PA's was lighter but you have to reuse your stock motor mounts and it ends up being almost as heavy as the BMR. I bought my bmr a arms from my friend and he was running wheels up consistent 1.30's 60fts. So they work good enough for me I guess. Plus they seem to be more heavy duty than the other which would benefit you if you do alot of street driving.
Old 03-08-2004 | 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Ive been told that the BMR is lighter than the PA using the stock mounts. I guess what Im wanting is the lightest, strongest, and most durable a-arms. Only this time, LG is in the picture, so thats just 1 more that I have to choose from.
Old 03-08-2004 | 11:30 PM
Launching!

I went with the Pro Fab k member, but I had few choices, bought one for a 3rd gen.
Old 03-09-2004 | 11:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

IMO.. for a street car. BMR.
Old 03-09-2004 | 06:18 PM
12 Second Club

A friend of mine has the whole BMR k-member and a-arm set up on his car, great setup.
Old 03-09-2004 | 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
IMO.. for a street car. BMR.
Whats your reason behind this because I went with the BMR and my car is moving further and further away from a street car. But then everyone has their own opinion on what a street car is. How much different can the BMR be from the PA? What would make the BMR more street oriented? Thanks. By the way, was that quote referring to the k-member or the a-amrs because I took it that you were talking about the k-member?

Last edited by ThaBeaSSt; 03-09-2004 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-10-2004 | 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

I have the Pro Fab chromoly A arms. The pair weigh 12 lbs, 2 ounces. That's pretty light! So far they are working like a charm!
Old 03-10-2004 | 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ThaBeaSSt
Whats your reason behind this because I went with the BMR and my car is moving further and further away from a street car. But then everyone has their own opinion on what a street car is. How much different can the BMR be from the PA? What would make the BMR more street oriented? Thanks. By the way, was that quote referring to the k-member or the a-amrs because I took it that you were talking about the k-member?
BMR's are physically bigger and use permanent poly front mounts (less noise).
Old 03-10-2004 | 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
BMR's are physically bigger and use permanent poly front mounts (less noise).
Again, are you referring to the k-member or the a-arms?

The BMR upper a-arms are offered w/ the adjustable spherical rod ends or poly mounts. The lowers are only offered in 1 selection, both rod end and poly. What reason(s) would I need to have the uppers with the rod ends? Thanks.