Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Cross Drilled/Slotted rotors

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Cross Drilled/Slotted rotors

Has anyone tried the cross drilled/slotted rotors for Wholesale Direct Parts. If so how are they?
Old 12-12-2004, 09:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Visit www.Revxtreme.com they sell EBC Rotors which are cross drilled and dimpled. (Zinc washed for no rust too)They are great for racing and stop on a dime.
I am getting them this month, and I felt like we did an indo (lifting the back tires off the ground) when we came to a stop in a car that had them. Talk to Dan or Dino and say you heard from Kevin/CamaroSS about them.....he can hook you up!
Old 12-13-2004, 01:10 AM
12 Second Club

I have their rotors and love them....you cant beat the price and so far theyve held up well and stop freakin awesome. Only set back is be prepared....unless they have fixed their shipping department you may have to wit a lil before you recieve them other than that their great!
Old 12-13-2004, 10:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine have been on since July, and I have had no issues so far. I got them slotted only.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:33 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

I've got the WDP package. Shipping wasn't bad. I only waited about two weeks on them. I did the rotors, pads, and fluid all at once. A quick note, the pads dust a decent amount so you'll have to stay on top of keeping your wheels clean. Also, just be sure to season the rotors when you put them on there. I had them put on and it was a rainy day. Tried to keep all stops to very light pedal pressure. Had to take a trip out of town the next day still keeping stops light. Had to do an emergency slow down on the interstate over rough pavement and get on the brakes hard, and since then they've shuddered unless I really get on the pedal, and even then they shudder sometimes, so I guess they are warped. I also noticed that after only a few miles of driving the area on the rotor where the pad contacted had already darkened significantly over the regular zinc finish, and after the car sat for a while I still got some slight surface rust like the stock rotors did, albeit not as much. I'm guessing that emergency slow down I had to do is what did them in but mine are warped a little bit. I'm going to continue using them unless the shuddering gets worse and just be careful, as I drive the car very little as is, but despite mine being warped I still think they are a good product for the price.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a little confused. The only thing I ask of brake rotors is to stop the car (handle my abuse) and not warp or crack. You said you drive the car "little" and yours warped, but you still consider them a good product? I'm puzzled by that one.

Just curious.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:01 PM

If I would have had the chance to season them properly then I dont think I'd be having this problem. I dont drive the car alot, but when I do drive it it gets a workout. In this case, I had rotors and pads put on Thursday, and had to drive in the rain. Then on Friday I was set to take a three hour trip to Louisville and while I was up there I had to make an emergency slow down from 75MPH down to about 40MPH, which broke me from properly seasoning the rotors, if my driving up there hadn't already done it. I noticed after that one hard stop that I get the vibration at times since then. If I could have broken them in properly I dont think I'd have the problem, as plenty of other people dont. Its either that or I got a defective batch. They were installed by a very reputable shop in the area, as well as the brake fluid changed and my calipers pulled apart, cleaned and regreased, and put back on, so I know its not the shops work.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by trackbird
I'm a little confused. The only thing I ask of brake rotors is to stop the car (handle my abuse) and not warp or crack. You said you drive the car "little" and yours warped, but you still consider them a good product? I'm puzzled by that one.

Just curious.
EBC Rototrs

Is this good enough for you:This guy road races, goes to the track at least once every 2 months, and abuses them royaly. Still stop like new, and has no signs of warping. They are a great product, and they are greatly priced. EBC rotors are the best rotor replacement I think you can buy for the F-body. The only thing that would be better is a complete caliper and rotor kit.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Don't go with WDP! Their customer service sucks. They are hard to get a hold of, they don't return calls. They are very nice once you get a hold of them though. It took me 4 months for the order to get to me correctly. The first time I waited over a month for just the front rotors. Supposedly UPS lost the packages. One of the front rotors was onlt slotted on one side. I had to send that one back. Then when I finally got mry rotors they were warped. I just finally got all my rotors on. All I can say is they haven't warped yet. I didn brake check some a-hole on the freeway after I installed them. They worked pretty good then.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Launching!

As far as the coloring goes for rotors, zinc washed, nickel plated or whatever other fancy name they put on any rotors makes them look nice on the showroom floor, but you have to remember when stopping you are scrubbing your brakes with the pads. Over time it removes the zinc washing and will cause them to look not quite as new. However the rotors will still have a better color than your stock rotors do, but they will not retain that new fresh shiny color. If you need proof just look at any Porshce 911 or Carrera S. Pretty much the same deal. Just my two cents.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 5LiterBeater
As far as the coloring goes for rotors, zinc washed, nickel plated or whatever other fancy name they put on any rotors makes them look nice on the showroom floor, but you have to remember when stopping you are scrubbing your brakes with the pads. Over time it removes the zinc washing and will cause them to look not quite as new. However the rotors will still have a better color than your stock rotors do, but they will not retain that new fresh shiny color. If you need proof just look at any Porshce 911 or Carrera S. Pretty much the same deal. Just my two cents.
I second that! I was going to say the same thing. There is no way in hell for the zinc plating to stay on the part of the rotor that the pads touch I don't care what name brand you buy. The zinc keeps the fin area on the rotors and the ares where the wheel studs are looking new.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:22 PM

I'm well aware, but on my rotors the zinc coating was gone within three miles. I went from the place that did the brakes to WalMart right down the road. If it is supposed to come off that fast that fine, and I knew it was coming off eventually, but I thought that was a little quick especially under VERY light braking.

Secondly, I called WDP and got in touch with someone the very first time I called. My rotors shipped a week later, and I got them a week after that (standard shipping time from west coast to east coast) so their customer service was fine in my book. I ordered the week before Halloween.

I will eventually replace these and probably go with either plain jane Powerslots or maybe the EBC rotors (need pics) and some different pads (probably Hawk HPs), but for now these will work.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted to know about these rotors from DWP aswell.Bottom line is I guess they are good for the price?I dont Road race with mine so I am not to worried about it.I mean my Powerslots warped within 20 K anyway and I paid over 200 for just the front...

Quick Reply: Cross Drilled/Slotted rotors