Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

does a Panhard rod help??

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default does a Panhard rod help??

I cant get rid of wheel hop to save my life.

Ive added subframe connectors, LCA's.

After i did this stuff it seemed to have gone away, but i replaced my clutch about a month ago because the old one was slipping and now i am getting the wheel hop again, im guessing because im getting more power to the tires now.

will the panhard rod help? what else is there for me to try?

thanks
Old 02-13-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lower control arm relocation brackets. Check Spohn and BMR.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tech
Lower control arm relocation brackets. Check Spohn and BMR.
i had those but in at the sametime as the LCA
Old 02-13-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

are you sure its not clutch chatter from improper clutch break in?? my LCA's got rid of my wheel hop, and i got a torque arm to make sure it NEVER comes back. you can also try new shocks a lot of people say that helped.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:33 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Panhard will do nothing for wheelhop, trust me.

On a stock car, a panhard is a waste of money. When you get into some serious Auto-X'ing or Drag racing it's necessary, otherwise the stocker is fine
Old 02-14-2005, 05:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I replaced the stock P/H rod because my stock one was totally bent. That was when it was near stock. It firmed my ride up when going around curves ... didn't have much effect on wheel hop, but, with the addition of LCA's it helped a lot. If you drive your car hard like I do, I'd recommend replacing the stock one. I bought the BMR and I like it.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by black00TA
are you sure its not clutch chatter from improper clutch break in?? my LCA's got rid of my wheel hop, and i got a torque arm to make sure it NEVER comes back. you can also try new shocks a lot of people say that helped.

its definitly not clutch chatter. Its hoppin like a bitch. its scary how much it hops
Old 02-14-2005, 10:30 AM
11 Second Club

What tires you running?
Old 02-14-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

Talking

I had wheel hop until a couple of days ago as far as I know. I installed new sway bars- front and rear. I think ever car could be a little different.

Bill
Old 02-14-2005, 11:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike, what other suspension mods do you have? How old are your tires and what kind of tires? On our car, we started getting wheel hop very bad, turns out out 28x11.5x15 ET Drags were worn out. At this point all we had was the BMR X-Treme TQ arm and SFC. I have now added the BMR LCAs and RLCB, as well as an APHR. This will cure the wheel hop problem on our car. Also, what kind of shocks are you using in the back, how old are they?
Old 02-14-2005, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

might try replacing rear shocks if they are very old,they tend to loose their ability to control the rear axle movement once they wear out my .02 hope it helps!!
Old 02-15-2005, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 12secSS
Mike, what other suspension mods do you have? How old are your tires and what kind of tires? On our car, we started getting wheel hop very bad, turns out out 28x11.5x15 ET Drags were worn out. At this point all we had was the BMR X-Treme TQ arm and SFC. I have now added the BMR LCAs and RLCB, as well as an APHR. This will cure the wheel hop problem on our car. Also, what kind of shocks are you using in the back, how old are they?
the problem is on the Gold car, not the white one.
i am running the Kumho Ecsta 711 275/40/17 tires and they are pretty new.

i guess i will try new shocks
Old 02-15-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WicketMike
its definitly not clutch chatter. Its hoppin like a bitch. its scary how much it hops
well i used to have a huge prob with it and now i have tq arm, poly trans mount, lca with brackets and PHR. zero wheel hop. stock shocks. if my car was still hoping my problem would lay in my shocks.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Launching!

One prob may be coming from those Kuhmo Ecsta's. They are a hard rubber compound and will not give you the grip you want, therefore you either spin the tires or they hop. Check the tread rating on them. Unfortunately I am not saying anything about your tires, but that brand is generally pretty cheap and hard. Again please don't take that in any way other than just trying to help out, and get rid of your wheel hop.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5LiterBeater
One prob may be coming from those Kuhmo Ecsta's. They are a hard rubber compound and will not give you the grip you want, therefore you either spin the tires or they hop. Check the tread rating on them. Unfortunately I am not saying anything about your tires, but that brand is generally pretty cheap and hard. Again please don't take that in any way other than just trying to help out, and get rid of your wheel hop.

i hope thats the problem, because i just remembered about 8 months ago, i had bilsteins installed. so there goes that theory.

i dont race the gold car, i just want to be able to shift into 2nd and 3rd on the street w/o the hop.

thanks guys!

Quick Reply: does a Panhard rod help??