Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best Rotors for 2002 FBody

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Best Rotors for 2002 FBody

I am thinking about getting pair of rotars for my car. Auto WS6 2002 People say the eradispeed are good little pricey and the power slot also are good, What do you guys recommend Thanks.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corvet786c
I am thinking about getting pair of rotars for my car. Auto WS6 2002 People say the eradispeed are good little pricey and the power slot also are good, What do you guys recommend Thanks.
I would recommend Brembo blanks (plain, no surface treatments). Performance wise there isn't any benefit to slotted or cross-drilled rotors. They're basically for looks. If that's what your going for, Eradispeeds look good. They are pricey, though.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

Try searching.

I recommend brembo blanks (just installed some myself) or autozone's duralast rotors.
Benefitrs from slotted/drilled rotors are highly controversial, to say the least. You'll find that out for yourself if you read up a little bit.

As for pads, Hawk HPS are a pretty good choice.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

chalk up another for the Brembo blanks or Autozone duralast rotors. Rotor face patterns (cross-drilled, slotted, dimpled, crescent-holes, alternate rotor edges, etc.) are more for appearance than performance.

Zinc coating will be only useful for the inner rotor part since the surface will be buffed by the brake pad.

The only part of the eradispeed that I can think would be useful would be the floating rotor design (if it is a true one) and that would only be useful if your rotors approach a high-temp (practically never happens with spirited street driving).
Old 07-10-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Make that four recommendations.... specifically without any surface modifications, as previously stated...... crossdrilling, dimpled.. etc.

The only exception to that rule in my book is the newer 'J hook' cuts (AP Racing) used by many to improve pad cleaning and bite..... and I am bending my own rules even making that statement.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

And I'll add yet another one for the brembo blanks (I'd just go with the duralasts the way I'm about to be using brakes... autoxing).
Old 07-10-2005, 07:08 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

#1 asked question: Which rotors & pads to buy?
#1 response: Brembo OEM Blanks or AutoZone Duralast Blanks and Hawk HPS pads

There are more aggresive pads that offer more braking performace but dont last as long, dust more, and are noisy, and some also chew up the rotors. Also dont forget that tires make a big difference too.

Read this thread for more info on the subject of rotors and pads:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/262940-replacing-rotors-what-get.html
(Dont what absolut_speed said in that thread, he was joking.)
Old 07-10-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Guys For all the input
Old 07-11-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

After my searching I ended up buyin Irotors drilled and slotted. They are built from brembo blanks. After comparing pricing they were a little more what you can get the blanks for. I thought it was worth it as they are cadium plated.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Best Rotors for 2002 FBody