Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hotchkis, Eibach, or Ground force Kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotchkis, Eibach, or Ground force Kits

Which one of the three would you go with for a smooth but STRONG ride. I'm looking @ lowering my car soon and I was wondering what everyones favorite choices were. thanks in advance

Nick
Old 09-03-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I myself have the Hotchkis and like them alot, so out of the three I'd say go with the Hotchkis. On the other hand you'll find alot of people on this sight like the DMS springs.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

i'll so some research on those, Thanks. Anyone else
Old 09-04-2005, 03:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

I personally am not really a fan of the DMS because its a progressive rate spring up front. You will see that a lot of people here have the pro kit, some have the G2's and then a handful of members run the ground control coil over kit.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:07 AM
TECH Veteran

From what I have heard on here alot like the DMS springs.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When you said "smooth but STRONG" that really is more of a shock issue. Any of the springs you mention can be smooth and strong with the proper shocks, but with crap shocks they can all ride poorly and rough.
Ride height also plays a big part. The lower you are the more you use the bumpstops. If you are hitting the stops hard, like from a real low ride height, the ride will suffer.

Have you considered something like the Ground Control on the front only? When you use them with good shocks you can choose what ride height and spring rate you want. It's a great choice for the front and costs about the same as most of the spring kits.

On the rear, you can keep the stock springs and remove the isolators and do the hose mod to lower it about 3/4". It's relatively inexpensive and works extremely well. Good shocks are the most expensive parts to get.

Also, what kind of budget do you have and how important is the ride quality and the cars stance to you?
Old 09-04-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

actually I am more road quality but I want a good stance. I understand yes the "smooth but STRONG ride" part has more to do w/the shocks really all I'm looking to do is maybe lower it alittle bit (the hose trick might just do it) but have a good smooth performnce ride. I hear a lot of people talking good things about KYB shocks.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

The KYB's are not held in very high regard, try a search and see what the consensus is.

From what you are saying, I suggest you look into the Koni SA fronts, set the spring perch to the lower groove which will let you use the stock springs but have the front lowered by about 3/4. They are adjustable to suit your needs and is a very fine shock. In the rear you can use a Bilstein and the hose mod to get the rear about 3/4" lower. This setup is supposed to ride very nicely while allowing you to have a very responsive handling car.

Have you seen this thread?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/372944-what-expect-koni-s.html
Old 09-05-2005, 02:21 AM
Banned

I prefer and run a ground control kit because the rates are customizeable and so is the height. WS6store.com has the best prices I've been able to find.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by joblo1978
I prefer and run a ground control kit because the rates are customizeable and so is the height. WS6store.com has the best prices I've been able to find.
The GC kit is a good choice in the front, but adds about $225. I don't think they are needed in the rear. If SmokinHot98 has the money they would be a good choice, but I'm trying to keep the price down. He also said he wanted a small drop and good ride. To me the GC kit is more suitable for when you want to go real low as well as run a pretty stiff spring. No doubt, they are good. I'm running them myself.

I got my GC parts from Strano Parts. He's a sponsor, I don't think I'm familair with WS6store.com.

Last edited by JasonWW; 09-05-2005 at 02:49 AM.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Teching In

I have had ALL of the Springs for F-Bodies on my car (did them in school for a class project) i have got rid of all of the springs except the EIBACH`s so PM me or email me @ david_charlez@hotmail if you want them.....they have like 50 km`s or 30 miles on them

2001 WS6
Old 09-06-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my Hotchkis, but defintily not a smooth ride.