Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Those with Koni Sport SA's...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Those with Koni Sport SA's...

8241-1139 (fronts) to be precise. What all came in your kits when you received them? I just received my shocks, 1 washer, 1 nut, and instructions indicating that adjustments are made with an allen wrench. Is this right?? I thought these were externally adjustable with a **** of some sort!?

Also, I'm kind of in a pinch for time on the install for these. Does anyone know if I can reuse the hardware (nut/washer) from my Bilsteins?

Heavy thanks!
Old 02-21-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Each shock should come with a nut and a big *** washer. Mine were down underneath the cardboard packing, so I didn't find them at first. I didn't re-use any existing hardware on the top of the shock.

They are externally adjustable. You'll need a 2.5mm allen wrench with a long tail. Right at the top of the shock body, where the piston comes out, is a "window" with a + on one side and a - on the other. + is firmer, - is softer.

The rears have a **** that sits on top of the shock to adjust it.

-Mike
Old 02-21-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Addict

What he said ^
Old 02-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Launching!

Ah, ok, cool just wanted to be sure. Yeah, my 2nd washer/nut is probably sitting on a UPS truck somewhere. My box was beat to **** with gashes and holes in it. The shocks were freely rattling around in there. Some of the worst packing I've seen (speed inc).
Old 02-21-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by weestro
Ah, ok, cool just wanted to be sure. Yeah, my 2nd washer/nut is probably sitting on a UPS truck somewhere. My box was beat to **** with gashes and holes in it. The shocks were freely rattling around in there. Some of the worst packing I've seen (speed inc).

My box was banged up pretty bad also.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JAMES RODRIGUEZ
My box was banged up pretty bad also.
Mine too. Shocks were fine though.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by weestro
8241-1139 (fronts) to be precise. What all came in your kits when you received them? I just received my shocks, 1 washer, 1 nut, and instructions indicating that adjustments are made with an allen wrench. Is this right?? I thought these were externally adjustable with a **** of some sort!?

Also, I'm kind of in a pinch for time on the install for these. Does anyone know if I can reuse the hardware (nut/washer) from my Bilsteins?

Heavy thanks!
Seems you are missing a few things. As for the adjustment, I make sure all my customers are not only fully aware of how they adjust, but even what tool they need to do so, and what to expect/how to change them for different needs.

The Bilstein's do not have a washer like that, and I recall the nut being a different size as well.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Launching!

thanks Sam.

Do you stock the Konis or do you drop ship? I got sucked into free shipping with these...
Old 02-22-2006, 12:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Their price is quite fair. However, I don't feel your got all the information that you should have. Just MHO.

I generally drop-ship them from a number of warehouses, including Koni North America in Kentucky. I simply try and save the customer time and money by shipping from my closest vendor.

Though I'm not sure that matters. The product is the product, the devil is in the details.... As you found out.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-22-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sam I'm pretty sure you are right the nuts are different sizes.. at least from what I remember.

Sam is the man I got mine from him and his service was/is great.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:46 AM
Launching!

Wow, I just gotta say that Koni's customer service is 5 star. I called, explained what happened and they're overnighting me the missing parts no questions asked! Amazing! Looks like I'll get to install these this weekend afterall...
Old 02-23-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe after ur done with ur setup i would like to see some pics.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Launching!

Cool, will do.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:28 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Another not insignificant reason I like to use them. Glad you got you parts.

Old 02-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Launching!

Just for future reference, I compared the Koni hardware with the Bilstein shocks and the washer and nut from the Konis fit perfectly on the Bilsteins. They were the same size.

I found out after the fact the shop I had install my gear reused the Bilstein hardware instead of the Koni stuff I went to so much trouble to get. Oh well, it worked.

Quick Reply: Those with Koni Sport SA's...