Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ASS SAG!! stock suspension??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006 | 01:45 PM
TECH Resident

Default *** SAG!! stock suspension??

ok it seems the rear of my car lately has started to sag, its a 2001 stock suspension. when i got it in december i never noticed it and it seemed a while ago when i filled it up with gas it would be lower, normal but lately its just saging in the back pretty low, lower than normal lookin f-bodys and even whenim on "E". whats goin on here...

Ryan
Old 05-23-2006 | 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Shocks and springs?
Old 05-23-2006 | 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

what about em, there stock
Old 05-23-2006 | 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

bingo! you have worn shocks. Time for you to look into quality ones (depending on what you want to emphasise with the car's performance).
Old 05-23-2006 | 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

shocks will make it sag like that? i thought springs held the car up and shocks just damped, i wanna lower my car and get konis but not enough money now maybe ill buy some normal sensetrac ones or sumthin sense il be stock for a while
Old 05-23-2006 | 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Springs are the primary determinant of ride height (neglecting the overall weight bearing on the suspension), however it doesn't help that you have worn shocks (and at 5 or more years old, it's about that time).

Also, do you have some "bumps" in the trunk?

IMHO, stay away from Monroes. Not only will you waste money up front with them, but they have some of the worst valvings I have ever expereinced for the F-body. It's going to suck for a while, however since you mention that you'd like to lower and you're interested in Koni SA's, it's highly suggested you consult Sam Strano on this. He might be able to steer you in a direction that an help you for a long time, rather than just a "band-aid" solution.
Old 05-23-2006 | 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

what do u mean by "bumps" in the trunk? now i dunno if these are the 5 year old shocks i bought the car in december im assuming they are original but i dont know and im only goi t replace the back shocks if anything right now i really donthave the money for everyhting now and just wanna fix what is broken.. ya know.. and i did plan on taling to sam strano as sooon as i plan on dropping it

Trending Topics

Old 05-23-2006 | 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

"bumps" in the trunk is just a referral to a heavy speaker box in the rear. Many who complain about the "sag" often have have heavy speaker boxes installed in their trunk, which then causes the rear to sag even more, since the rear wasn't designed to carry an extra 100lbs. over the rear axle on an every day basis.

AFA the monroes, they could be okay for a "band-aid", however anything more than that would render them inadequate.
Old 05-23-2006 | 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

oh no i have no bumps lol only thing in the back is my helmet for the track and my 2 cd cases and a bottle of wax i think lol. maybe ill pick up some tokikos off ws6sotre.com only like 45 bucks for the back

Quick Reply: ASS SAG!! stock suspension??