Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

First hand expertise with rotors EBC Vs. KVR Vs. Powerslot Vs. JC whitney

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First hand expertise with rotors EBC Vs. KVR Vs. Powerslot Vs. JC whitney

Just like the title says any one that has these rotors on their car please post what ya think about em. BTW I know Baer Eradispeeds are great and wonderful and good looking but I just dont have the money plain and simple for them.

<small>[ October 02, 2002, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Jstyle ]</small>
Old 10-02-2002, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: First hand expertise with rotors EBC Vs. KVR Vs. Powerslot Vs. JC whitney

I've got the KVR crossdrilled.

Combined with KVR pads, they seem to stop alot quicker than stock and don't have the brake fade that stock rotors do after one or two hard stops.

However, I probably won't buy another set of front rotors because of hairline cracking around the crossdrilled holes. I will probably either go with slotted or rotors with the holes cast in them instead of drilled, the next time I buy.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:28 AM
Staging Lane

Default Re: First hand expertise with rotors EBC Vs. KVR Vs. Powerslot Vs. JC whitney

My OEM rotors were warped by 8K miles. After two cuttings, they were shot by 38K. I exchanged them for the JC Whitneys on which I have about 13+K and they are still true.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:37 AM
Chop-Foo Director

I just installed EBC rotors this past weekend. Still in the bed-in phase,
but my initial thoughts are very positive. Then again, maybe this is
just because I don't shake when I brake anymore.

Give me some time to complete the bed-in process then I can really test them
out.

-brian
Old 10-02-2002, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have KVR's and have been very happy with them. I would not recommend a CarbonFiber Metallic pad. They are very annoying in an A$ since they moan LOAD when you creep at a stop or come to a very slow stop. I also knotice that the pads do not leave the rotor with a nice clean shiney surface, it is dull and grey.

My complaint with KVR's is on the appearnce side, to hole pattern is very plain and boring,and with the 18" wheels just doesn't look snazzy enough.

Thumbs up for quality, thumbs down on appearnce.

The EBC sure look nice!
Old 10-04-2002, 03:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

arcom....what pads are you running with your rotors? I'm looking into getting those same rotors but was unsure of what pads to match to them. Thanks
Old 10-05-2002, 12:41 AM
On The Tree

ttt
Old 10-05-2002, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

I bought the original OEM pads. They were expensive ($113) but I got 40k miles out of the originals so I'll stick with them. They also wore without glazing or chipping.
Old 10-07-2002, 07:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: First hand expertise with rotors EBC Vs. KVR Vs. Powerslot Vs. JC whitney