Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help with UMI products!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007 | 09:00 AM
11 Second Club

Question Help with UMI products!

Installing the lca's it says to leave them in stock length and they are assembled this way. I had to adjust mine to fit on the car. Will this be ok? Also, what do I do with those little packets of lube they come with?
Old 02-07-2007 | 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

when I installed mine, I just adjusted mine so the bolt holes were exactly the same length apart as the stockers... the lube is for the installation. Smear it around the bushings and in the bolt holes when you put them in place - then tighten the snot out of them. Good luck.
Old 02-07-2007 | 09:55 AM
TECH Junkie

You mean you adjusted them so they are a different length than stock? If so, you may have changed the pinion angle a bit (someone correct me if i'm wrong, because i'm not sure!). Best bet is to set them to the length of the stockers as mentioned above, and then install them. During installation the rearend may move slightly giving the impression that the length is too long/short, but you can get them in there with a little muscle.
Old 02-07-2007 | 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Turo
You mean you adjusted them so they are a different length than stock? If so, you may have changed the pinion angle a bit (someone correct me if i'm wrong, because i'm not sure!). Best bet is to set them to the length of the stockers as mentioned above, and then install them. During installation the rearend may move slightly giving the impression that the length is too long/short, but you can get them in there with a little muscle.
Exactly.
Old 02-07-2007 | 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

They have specific torque ratings, make sure they are tight enough because some people have the banging and clicking when they aren't tight enough. Don't forget the grease.

-J
Old 02-07-2007 | 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dude, lastcall190, your avatar is DEEPLY disturbing!
Old 02-07-2007 | 10:51 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Turo
Yes, exactly. We do assemble them at factory length. It won't hurt to sit them on the factory arm to make sure but they should be with in a turn of being factory length. You need to remove them and set them back to factory length and re-install them. This time when the holes don't line up instead of adjusting the control arms you need to push the rear end foward and the bolt will go right in, it may require a friend to help.

Hope that helps,
Ryan

Trending Topics

Old 02-07-2007 | 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

thanks, I'll give it another go!
Old 02-08-2007 | 04:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by subtlez28
Dude, lastcall190, your avatar is DEEPLY disturbing!
yeah, thats ******* creepy.. .