Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano swaybars review

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Strano swaybars review

Installed the Strano sway bar package yesterday and I must say, I am darn impressed! Installation was easy, with the exception of the dr. front corner and having to remove the splash guard and some trim under the car (which wasn't in the instructions I got) but hardly a big deal. All in all, it was about an hour and half job, with a 10 min. beer break and some cursing at the old bolts. I did replace the rear bushings with Energy bushings with the grease fittings in them, just for peace of mind, and that was $32 at AutoZone.

The car feels much more stable, especially at highway speeds. Body roll is less and the steering is much more predictable. Before it seemed like the car was squirrely in hard cornering, but now I can tell my weakness is the crappy 16" Dayton tires I have (BFG KDW's and 17" SS wheels are on the way)

I can't wait to get my Strano springs and "on-car" PHB installed tomorrow!!!

if you are on the fence with these....get them and enjoy tossing your factory stuff in the dumpster!

Last edited by turbowhistle86; 04-28-2008 at 05:15 PM. Reason: my ass can't spell
Old 04-28-2008, 04:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

The greaseable bushings, especially on the front are problematic for me. I've tried using them, but over time kept having issues with the bushings splitting in the center and that's why I don't just use those. I'd strongly recommend using the bushings and brackets we send for the front bar.

And fwiw, those same ES parts you installed are factory on the Shelby GT, and we autox one of those as well.... we also destroy them on those cars (in fact, 3 now in total over only two cars).

Anyway, I'm glad you like your bars. And I thank you for taking the time to post, I hope I don't sound like a naysayer, but I'd hate for you to have problems with parts I've tried before and didn't adopt.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-28-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya man, i purchased the HP4 pack from him and have been lovin it ever since. I have some vibration problems in the rear end, but i think that might be due to bent axles.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I should be ordering some of these within the next couple of months Cant wait.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sam, thanks for the info....I used the Energy greaseable bushings on the rear only and I took the advice of a friend on those bushings... in my head it sounded like a good idea, rather than taking the mounts off to grease them. I will run these for a few thousand miles and see what they look like, then probably switch them out. Thanks again for a great product and I hope I'm just as impressed with the springs.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

The rear bar generally isn't a problem because it's so much smaller it doesn't induce the stresses you get from the front bar/bushings. But still, keep an eye on them, I still don't trust those greasable bushings much.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

I hope to have some in the near future.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

^Me to thats all mine lacks and some good tires^
Old 04-29-2008, 01:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I installed Strano front and rear sway bars on my 2000 TA a couple months ago.I also installed koni's and did the heater hose mod. After I installed the sway bars I was shocked at the difference.The car is glued to the ground.I highly reccommend them.They spent a lot
of time with me about what I should do,based on what I told them.Best money I ever spent. Thanks Sam
Old 04-29-2008, 07:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i will hopefully be able to afford some late this summer!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the handling pkg 4, cant wait to actually see the damn thing, let alone install it

Quick Reply: Strano swaybars review