Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hotckis Springs..

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008 | 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Default Hotckis Springs..

Just found out i had half the hotchkis catalog under neath my car.. Springs, Sub connectors.. ANd front strut bar. Well almost half the fbody stuff. only thing left is the trailing arms, panhard bar and sway bars.

Anyhow i was wondering what someone would reccomend for shocks.. My stock decarbons only have 45K on them but for how long theyve been lowered i do not know.

I plan on taking my car on thunderhill for a track day or two a year. I know everyone is going to say konis.. But how do the SLP Bilsteins hold up on a road course?
Old 08-02-2008 | 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this subjects comes up almost once a day.
Old 08-02-2008 | 06:08 PM
On The Tree

How did i know someone was going to say that.. I guess i wont ask questions anymore..
Old 08-02-2008 | 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Save money buy not buying the less useful things like SFC's and the STB and put them toward what counts, the Konis. Or if you want you can spend even more on shocks like Penskies, so I wouldn't be complaining about the price.

Check out my sig, I have all but the SFC's, and did everything individually so I know the difference each made. If I were doing any kind of road course racing I would MUCH rather have just the Konis and stock suspension over lowering springs, swaybars, STB, SFC's, and mediocre shocks. Yes, they make that much of a difference because they control the car's movements and the way it behaves. I rather have a very neutral car thats easy to push around turns and you can feel everything its doing over a car that will be flatter but more sloppy and harder to control, and more likely to snap over steer.
Old 08-02-2008 | 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Well i already have the STB and SFC's and hotchkis springs they came with the car... i probably will spring for a set of konis soon enough.
Old 08-08-2008 | 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A friend of mine, that competes in Auto-X with me, asked me to help him with his suspension setup. I told him Koni is the only game in town for the price. He was pushing back... what about bilsteins?.....what about KYB?.....etc. Then we put his shocks in and I have not heard him say that he wish he had saved the money and gotten something cheaper. His suspension and mine are almost identical. He wanted to get a bigger rear bar that what I recommended and put on my own car. So now his car is a bit too loose and about a 1/2 second behind me regularly on our local Auto-X events.
Old 08-10-2008 | 07:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just bought hotchkis springs about a month ago and I am happy with the ride quality, from what I have heard you can run them with stock shocks. I will probably have the fronts for sale pretty soon, if your interested I can save you a alittle bit of money on your spring purchase. PM me if your interested

Trending Topics

Old 08-10-2008 | 10:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Save money buy not buying the less useful things like SFC's and the STB and put them toward what counts ...

... I have all but the SFC's, and did everything individually so I know the difference each made.
Don't knock SFC's until you try them . I put a set of bolt-in SFC's in my car ~4 years ago, and I could feel immediately that the car was tighter . I know this sounds anecdotal, but when a good friend of mine drove my car and compared it to his relatively low-mileage '97 Z28, he said the difference felt night & day. I know that I felt a difference in my own car as it was.

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
If I were doing any kind of road course racing I would MUCH rather have just the Konis and stock suspension over lowering springs, swaybars, STB, SFC's, and mediocre shocks. Yes, they make that much of a difference
I do totally agree with you, that the Koni's really work that well . But all I'm saying is I wouldn't rule out a set of SFC's one day either .

Quick Reply: Hotckis Springs..