Someone tried to break into my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Someone tried to break into my car!!!

some jerk tried to break into my car last night while i was parked at Treff's Tavern in san marcos. he punched in the lock but never got in. good thing cuz i had some valuable stuff in there. so now the outside handle wont work and to open it from the inside is very difficult.
does anybody know a good place to take it in san antonio or austin to get it fixed? i just dont want to take it to the dealership. need to get it done pretty soon cuz if the fob stops workn im really screwed
thanks
Old 11-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Banned

Call your insurance company and ask for bodyshop leads. Just because you call them doesn't mean you have to file a claim. Its YOUR policy. **** is going to be expensive...more than you think...probably end up filing a claim I bet. Its (vandelism) comprehensive claim, so IF you have this coverage on your policy and file it doesn't count against you. Anyhow better get it fixed. Guy will be returning to complete the job already half complete otherwise.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had the same thing happen to me at Bogeys pool hall in houston years ago in my SS. I was out on a date with a stripper. Wooohhooo! But they punched out my lock and opened my center console. Didnt take anything. I had a 3k laptop in the back seat that was still there. I was so pissed that I didnt even get any from the slutty stripper. Now that is the definition of a bad night.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:12 PM
TECH Resident

punch out the lock?? explain
Old 11-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
punch out the lock?? explain
take a hammer and a blunt object around the size of the lock and beat the **** out of it that way the lock falls out there for leavin yer car unlocked

rent and watch the movie "No Country for Old Men" he punches out locks in that movie that that device they use on cattle to knock them retarded
Old 11-06-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

this happen to me when i had my 99 state farm cut me 2 $1000 dollar checks one for each door. they said it had to be reskined. i found a good glass guy
Old 11-07-2008, 01:40 AM
Teching In

i have a $1000 deductable so id like to just find someone that can fix it for less (dont really have the $ right now)
i was parked 3 spaces from the door and nobody saw nothing. do i need to file a police report if i want to turn over to insurance?
Old 11-07-2008, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heybro
i have a $1000 deductable so id like to just find someone that can fix it for less (dont really have the $ right now)
i was parked 3 spaces from the door and nobody saw nothing. do i need to file a police report if i want to turn over to insurance?
is ur car a vette? Hp salavge in san antino has a ton of f-body doors and keys Im pretty sure he wil have one.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Teching In

thanks man ill give em a call