Attention Smokers Price increase on Cigarettes Monday

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 01:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im from california originally and thats how its always been over there and what i was use to, now that im in florida and you can smok in bars its great for me....i just think smoking and drinking go hand and hand, i dont agree smoking in restaurnts thats just rude, but at a night club i think its fine...i whish i could stop smoking really bad i just caant do it cold turkey for ****....i understand how it feels for people that dont smoke, when i did not smoke i really was not that disturbed as many people here do...you r at a bar....i mean the none smoking thing has only been around some years now, i personally grown with this **** so i does not bug me now or before, not in any wy defending smokers at all i personally think cig companies are the devil, now recently i feel a little bad everytime when i light uup.....and yes im addicted to it, if i could i would stop but i cant...wa wa wa!!!!!i did note ven feel this shitty when i smoked weed, the media just bombards you with all this **** is incredible how shitty you feel after watching those truth comercials, i guess ******* are making up for feeding cig advertisments for my whole young life
Old 03-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Texas Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
Smokers have the same rights as you do. If smoke bothers you that bad then stay out of establishments that allow smoking...period, I'm sure you could have found one that was open, you made the choice. Your arguement is still weak.
No doubt that I will not go back to that bar again. For whatever reason Texans seems to be more smokier than most bars. I will go somewhere in Houston from now on to where smoking isn't allowed. Having to smell that sh*t is BS.

It's obvious that you are a smoker and you seem to have an attitude that you don't care if your smoke is offensive to others, which is unfortunate. Again, non-smokers don't infringe on smokers.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:47 PM
LS7 Member

Austin is smokeless and is doing just fine. As Rod Flanders once said, "Smokers are Jokers".

/thread
Old 03-09-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 03-09-2009, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

I'm a smoker and I wish they would just ban ciggarettes all together. I have tried to quit multiple times with no luck and price increases do nothing for the effort. If there was a bill to ban it all together I would vote yes. Actually this price increase has hit me hard I bought my last pack friday night and yes I'm in a bad F*CKING mood.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

All this talk about cigarettes is making me want to smoke one....
Old 03-09-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
All this talk about cigarettes is making me want to smoke one....
, Why don't you get some of those Turkish Marlboros shipped in that were $5 a carton. Those were great for our lungs.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mmiller
No doubt that I will not go back to that bar again. For whatever reason Texans seems to be more smokier than most bars. I will go somewhere in Houston from now on to where smoking isn't allowed. Having to smell that sh*t is BS.

It's obvious that you are a smoker and you seem to have an attitude that you don't care if your smoke is offensive to others, which is unfortunate. Again, non-smokers don't infringe on smokers.
I am a smoker and don't care what anyone else thinks about it, if I want to kill myself smoking it's my death. If we continue to legislate everything in this country it will be no better than a communist state. We have to many stupid laws on the books as it is and all they do is waste tax payer monies and tie up the judicial system. Sorry you don't like smoking that's your right just as it's my right to smoke. Why would you send me out in the cold to smoke? Because it makes your cloths stink? Had you orginally gone to a no smoking facility you wouldn't have an areguement now would you.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Teching In

Telling someone they cant smoke or cant smoke in a bar is like telling someone they cant have a gun or carry it in the bar...

Same thing - whether you legislate one or the other your taking FREEDOMS away from another person.....

I DONT SMOKE but I dont care and I have had people pass away in my family from lung cancer and never had a cigarette in their life - Its called genes because Ive seen smokers live to 100 no cancer.....

Who Cares - Government regulation will lead to communism.....

*I get upset when I come home smelling like an ashtray too, but that's why I have a washing machine - I would rather them be able to have the freedom to kill themselves if they want too
Old 03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

next thing you know Al Gore will say ciggarettes cause global warming and Obama will agree.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
I am a smoker and don't care what anyone else thinks about it, if I want to kill myself smoking it's my death. If we continue to legislate everything in this country it will be no better than a communist state. We have to many stupid laws on the books as it is and all they do is waste tax payer monies and tie up the judicial system. Sorry you don't like smoking that's your right just as it's my right to smoke. Why would you send me out in the cold to smoke? Because it makes your cloths stink? Had you orginally gone to a no smoking facility you wouldn't have an areguement now would you.
I couldn't care less if you smoke. Its your body, not anyone elses. If you suffer health issues as as result of your choice then you'll have to deal with that. However, non-smokers shouldn't have to suffer along with the smokers because of their unhealthy choice.

Your a little hypersensitive about this man. No one, including the U.S. government, or city governments are trying to say that people can't smoke. In the fairness and concern for the health those that don't smoke though smokers can and should do so outdoors to not pollute the fresh air inside. If it happens to be cold outside and you have a nicotine craving so bad then I guess you can put on a jacket and go outside and toke away.

There is nothing "communist" about making laws that ban smoking inside public buildings. Hell, for years there has been no smoking in elevators and aircraft. It's just trickling down to other public places as it should. What would be "communist" would be banning the manufacture of cigarettes and no one is doing that. Because of all the awareness of the dangers that cigarettes cause laws are being put into place to protect those that don't want to inhale the smoke. Are you able to see the difference?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

smokers sure are proud to be addicted to something that does nothing good for them and just bothers the majority of people (non-smokers).

at least they look cool smoking their cigs.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
at least they *THINK* they look cool smoking their cigs.
FIFY, lol
Old 03-09-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
smokers sure are proud to be addicted to something that does nothing good for them and just bothers the majority of people (non-smokers).

at least they look cool smoking their cigs.
not proud of it.... it just passes the time.... and is a bad habit.... some non smokers are more tolerant than others though....

i don't smoke in my home or my newer vehicles because it does make things stink...

Smokers are very aware of the health issues it can cause, but unfortunately for us, its more addictive than crack...
Old 03-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Teching In

I'm really not trying to pick a side to the issue, really

mmiller you make great points and I agree with alot of what you say !!!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:55 PM
12 Second Club

I remember back when I used to smoke, cartons of Marlboro's cost $20. If I were buying, it would always be Marlboro red's (shorts, not 100's.) If I was bumming, I'd take anything... even a *gag* menthol. I'll agree that quitting was one of the best things I've done, though the damage is already done. My lungs aren't the best but it could be worse.

I don't agree with banning smoking in public places. It is, as stated earlier, a majority overtaking the minority; though that may be reversed in many situations as it's apparent so many people smoke. Everything can kill you these days, even the "fresh air" that you don't want the smoke "polluting" is harmful and full of pollutants itself.

I bet some of these people crying about smoke polluting their fresh air are the same people that run cars evading smog controls. Pot calling the kettle black.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry, but I don't want to be at a restaurant with my 5 year old inhaling some douche bag's second-hand smoke because he likes to have a few drags after his steak.

Smokers who THINK they have a right to burn one wherever they feel need to get a clue.
That's like me saying I should be able to whip my dick out at Chili's and unload one into your eye. I mean...I like to ********** and who are you to say I can't do that while you are eating your french fries 3 feet away from me?
Old 03-09-2009, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Sorry, but I don't want to be at a restaurant with my 5 year old inhaling some douche bag's second-hand smoke because he likes to have a few drags after his steak.

Smokers who THINK they have a right to burn one wherever they feel need to get a clue.
That's like me saying I should be able to whip my dick out at Chili's and unload one into your eye. I mean...I like to ********** and who are you to say I can't do that while you are eating your french fries 3 feet away from me?
yea you would most likely go to JAIL
thats the best comparison that I've seen so far.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Morbid
I don't agree with banning smoking in public places. It is, as stated earlier, a majority overtaking the minority; though that may be reversed in many situations as it's apparent so many people smoke. Everything can kill you these days, even the "fresh air" that you don't want the smoke "polluting" is harmful and full of pollutants itself.

I bet some of these people crying about smoke polluting their fresh air are the same people that run cars evading smog controls. Pot calling the kettle black.
it's more about the gross smell and health concerns in close quarters, not the environmental impact.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -Ross-

this man makes a good point