So I got to meet the neighborhood b!tch last night...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DueceDuece
The HOA can not do anything. The cops may come out but its not like you sitting in the drive way tuning on it or doing shake down passes down your street. There is nothing they can do. I used to live in an appartment my next door neighbor was a cop who worked night shift. For like two weeks he would come out with his badge and gun and tell me that I disturb his sleep and I need to get my exhaust fixed to make it quiter. I told him I spent $300 on the exhaust and $5000 on the motor to make it sound like that and there is nothing illegal about it. (Its was a small block .561 solid and exhaust dumped) It was during winter and I would let it run for about 15 mins to warm up. But point is he could do nothing but bich and he was a cop.
Read the Tomball ordinance I posted above. It is illegal in Tomball, "prohibited and declared to be unlawful". And, thus, there is something they can do about it. Your location may have had different laws, but the law in Tomball is quite clear that this is a section 30-183 violation.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CySevans
Read the Tomball ordinance I posted above. It is illegal in Tomball, "prohibited and declared to be unlawful". And, thus, there is something they can do about it. Your location may have had different laws, but the law in Tomball is quite clear that this is a section 30-183 violation.
No, he is right. There is really not much the cops can do. Those ordinances are worth about as much as the ink from the pen that its written with. Trust me, I have been through this many times before. Hell, my neighbor is a freakin constable over precinct 1. When I have my cutout open in my driveway (see video below) he just gives me dirty looks. He knows he can't really do anything about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jJTdwPsvss
Old 04-08-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

If all else fails, do a Summit turbo muffler, 3" exhaust, high flow cat and a nice big e-cutout. It tucks up on the camaro bumper pretty nice, and if you want to be loud, it is all at the touch of a button
Old 04-08-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

1st, double check that there is not an ordinance in Tomball for noise...etc. They are notorious for dicking with hotrods.
If no ordinance against it, tell her in your most polite voice..."get bent"
Old 04-08-2009, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

id tell her, her face gives you nightmares and ask her to move or get plastic surgery!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:16 PM
12 Second Club

How about this, leave the bullet on, add a cutout, add catback or even a used stock muffler. This way it will be a cheap way to quiet it down through the neighborhood and as soon as you are far enough open up the cutout so it will have that great "bullet only" sound. Sometimes you can find a stocker for free so your only cost to keep the peace would be the cutout.

So far I have no probs with my neighbors and I run MAC mid lenghts and y right into a bullet, so short it doesnt even reach the back seat.
We'll see how the like me after H/C swap with a 108 LSA this weekend....jajaja
Old 04-08-2009, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We live in the Meadows, and have always had loud cars and for those of you that know the Meadows Police, or have had the pleasure of being pulled over by them, they really cant do a damn thing about it, and trust me we have two ******* neighbors, ones a dude and ones a chick. She came over about a year ago while my husband was tuning the stereo on the boat, and said she is a nurse, and works nights so sleeps during the day mind you this was during the day, we were nice and turned it down a little. They can be annoying at times, but nothing has ever happened to us, with all the noise we make. Maybe at night just try to keep it as quiet as possible, and early early in the morning. IMO the yard people are more irritating to me. But just my opinion
Old 04-08-2009, 10:31 PM
FormerVendor

I never get messed with.. Got more thumbs ups from Tomball cops and they stop by the shop a couple times a week just shootin the **** checkin out whats comin out of the shop lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GETrbp3LhIs
Old 04-08-2009, 10:40 PM
10 Second Club

I live in a very nice neighborhood 250k + homes around and my car was very loud until recently when i added new mufflers....anyway, always keep your cool and just try to avoid the people that seem to have the *** with you. Be respectful of times when you come and go. I used to start mine, go down my drive to the street..get it up to 20mph and put it in 4th gear to keep as quet as possible.

They cannot hit you with anything, including disturbing the peace as long as you are smart about your actions.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

So glad i dont live where yall do...When im back home my neighbors love my car...1 of them asks me to rev it up when the kids are around just to scare them....lol....Here in lubbock i just keep it at low RPMs when im coming or going and no one says anything.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:12 PM
WKF
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would defiantly talk to your neighbors. I had a very similar incident here in my subdivision. I talked to my neighbors & found out that the irate lady (in my case) had a history of harassing & blowing things out of proportion with other people on the street. They advised me to tell her to **** up a rope next time it happens. Hell , one of my neighbors had a hot air Regal T-Type in his garage he wanted to show me. Now I have kiddo's yelling "burnout" at me when I idle down the street & over the road humps & my sons the coolest kid on the street. No burnouts for me though..... I have better parts to spend my money on for the SS than tires.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

i say wait till shes not home, the back into her driveway and leave burnout marks all the way down. they when she gets home you can be like "what happened to your driveway?"
or say "wow you really pissed someone off!" make sure your washing your car or something as she drives in.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Teching In

You guys have to think. His car is not legal. Does not have cats and it is dumped. I have mine the same way and had someone put a note on my door but just ignored it.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Banned

dont give in, if you give in she wins. my neighbors called the cops mailed letters to me still cant do crap. nothin has happend and they have quit with the harresment lol
Old 04-09-2009, 12:41 AM
Banned

btw i now romp the **** out of my car when i see someone raising thier fists at me or when i leave for work at 5am haha
Old 04-09-2009, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Those bathtubs can get pretty slippery sometimes...
Old 04-09-2009, 01:04 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kmgsix08
definitely have cats installed. if the b**** does call the police you might want the car to actually be legal..
get a cat or at least a gutted one, cops can and will harass you if you have enough complaints. But for now i say keep on fighting the good fight and tell her to **** off pretty much.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:06 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CySevans
There's a noise ordinance: http://www.nonoise.org/lawlib/cities/houston.htm. And absolutely that car is not street legal.

I would not press this matter much because if push came to shove, she would win. Sad, but true. If the cops got involved and inspected your car, whoever issued your inspection sticker would also be in trouble.

1) Residential property:

a. Sixty-five (65) dB(A) during daytime hours.

b. Fifty-eight (58) dB(A) during nighttime hours.

I guarantee you are exceeding both daytime and nighttime decible levels with that setup. I should know. I had that exact setup on my Trans Am (except over the axle). I added cats afterwards to quiet it down some.

I love the NPP exhaust on the new Vettes. I just close the baffles when rolling into the neighborhood. Problem solved.

And pissing off your neighbors is not a good idea. If your house ever got robbed or caught on fire, how quick would they be to report it or offer any assistance to you or to the police about it?
I hear you on the ordinance, but on another note almost all lawnmowers would fail those noise levels also just an FYI. So it would be an argueable point etc...
Old 04-09-2009, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99problemz
Those bathtubs can get pretty slippery sometimes...

I loled....

Anyways, I had a neighbor make a comment a few weeks ago to me about my Camaro... But his DD truck is atleast 3 times as loud as mine.... I'm running a factory catback...

After he whined for a minute, I asked him if it has even awaken his kids or wife or himself, he said no. I told him that his truck wakes me up every, single, morning. Being as it is pointed towards my front door, and is true duals with no cats with flowmasters on a old dodge...

Haven't heard from him in awhile.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:11 AM
Banned

**** that ole whoredog, rev that **** up son

Quick Reply: So I got to meet the neighborhood b!tch last night...