well got a ticket the other week.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well got a ticket the other week.....

85 in a 65.....**** lol.....i just got my license back....but he gave me a warning on my front license plate....i keep hearing it does have to be on the bumper, then it doesnt. it can be on the dash....well i need to know asap....cause im gonna be pissed if i have to drill into my f-ing bumper to put it on there. thanks. duke
Old 06-11-2009, 01:16 PM
9 Second Club

Sucks. Sorry to hear it Cory. Knock on wood, I haven't gotten in trouble for no front plate yet. I believe it IS supposed to be on your bumper.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Slash8915
Sucks. Sorry to hear it Cory. Knock on wood, I haven't gotten in trouble for no front plate yet. I believe it IS supposed to be on your bumper.
shoot!!! well i have been pulled over before with this car and never has it been mentioned to me....this guy was prob not into cars or somin and wanted to point out my wrong lol
Old 06-11-2009, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99 DUKE'Z 28
but he gave me a warning on my front license plate....i keep hearing it does have to be on the bumper, then it doesnt. it can be on the dash....well i need to know asap....
read this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...ification.html

put your front LP on
Old 06-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Launching!

haha ive got a handful of those i know how u feel bro.. btw call me this weekend if u and mike come down
Old 06-11-2009, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

valentine one
Old 06-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Yea a radar detector helps alot i finally got smart and got one
Thats only 20mph over will probably be 200-300$ ticket
I've had a 100 in a 65 and a 68 in a 40 and a 92 in a 65 and all 3 were 320-350 dollar tickets and befor i got the radar
Old 06-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by imlooking

put your front LP on
thank you sir....unfortunatly lol

Originally Posted by vicouSS00
haha ive got a handful of those i know how u feel bro.. btw call me this weekend if u and mike come down
fo sho brotha....dunno if fat boy will be able due to work, but im thinkin bout it sunday thru monday....ill hit u up dawg

Originally Posted by 01ws666
I've had a 100 in a 65 and a 68 in a 40 and a 92 in a 65 and all 3 were 320-350 dollar tickets and befor i got the radar
you think those are fast..... i got my first ticket in my camaro last december, like a month and a half after owning it, 108 in a 50.....i know better than bragging....trust me i feel like a jackass for it....went to jail for like 2.5 hrs....but you shoulda seen that cops face, PRICELESS.....good ol Webster
Old 06-12-2009, 10:39 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Still have not seen where it states you must have it on the front, just that you must have a front and rear. Just like a tow truck or other rigs, they are not on the furthest back of the vehicle.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Still have not seen where it states you must have it on the front, just that you must have a front and rear. Just like a tow truck or other rigs, they are not on the furthest back of the vehicle.
thats exactly what keeps coming to my mind....so my windshield should be suffice??
Old 06-12-2009, 11:20 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Well, i have had HELL when i had it in my factory tint with suction cups, so i moved it to the bottom and had no issues. One time i did have a officer tell me it had to be on the front and i corrected him and said you only have to have one, not that it has to be mounted all the way in the front, he did not argue with me.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

thats exactly what keeps coming to my mind....so my windshield should be suffice??
did you NOT read my thread !?!?

i'm giving you gold dude.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01ws666
I got more tickets with a rader detector than without one. After awhile i got cocky and had the mindset that "if its not going off then no cops are around me." That thing cost me alot of money. Now i watch EVERYTHING like a hawk. **** radar detectors! lol

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
I actually got pulled over the other day for improper display of license plates. I asked the DPS officer and he told me that it needs to be clearly visible from the front of the car, and they "prefer" it to be on the front bumper. I had mine jsut slide between the glass and dash and not suction cupped up. I asked if i suction cupped it to the window so its alittle more clear, If that would sufice. He said aslong as its clearly visible from the front.

Devin
Old 06-13-2009, 06:46 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Originally Posted by 04_turboed_neon

I actually got pulled over the other day for improper display of license plates. I asked the DPS officer and he told me that it needs to be clearly visible from the front of the car, and they "prefer" it to be on the front bumper. I had mine jsut slide between the glass and dash and not suction cupped up. I asked if i suction cupped it to the window so its alittle more clear, If that would sufice. He said aslong as its clearly visible from the front.

Devin

Exactly.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

put your front LP on
did you NOT read my thread !?!?

i'm giving you gold dude.
lol, yes i read it , and have been reading his thread...but evryones answers are a little unclear.....im just tryin to find out if theres anyway out of drilling up my fron bumper. another guy said to have it suckioned up to your windshield.....so would that be ok? but if its the law then of course im gonna do what the law says....y cant texas be like cali and not have to have a front bumper....and is this supposed law to be passed in septemeber real? cause ive heard the whole front license law has been talked about for years but nothing yet....thanks, duke
Old 06-14-2009, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, yes i read it , and have been reading his thread...but evryones answers are a little unclear.....im just tryin to find out if theres anyway out of drilling up my fron bumper. another guy said to have it suckioned up to your windshield.....so would that be ok? but if its the law then of course im gonna do what the law says....y cant texas be like cali and not have to have a front bumper....and is this supposed law to be passed in septemeber real? cause ive heard the whole front license law has been talked about for years but nothing yet....thanks, duke
lol You wish Texas' laws were more like California's? Would you rather have to pay a small $45 ticket for no plate, or have to deal with ridiculous emissions, and the ridiculous amount of **** you get from cops for doing anything at all to your car?

Good joke. Luckily Texas is nothing like "Cali".
Old 06-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Juicy J
lol You wish Texas' laws were more like California's? Would you rather have to pay a small $45 ticket for no plate, or have to deal with ridiculous emissions, and the ridiculous amount of **** you get from cops for doing anything at all to your car?

Good joke. Luckily Texas is nothing like "Cali".
haha no joke right.....well i meant it in the manner of license plate laws.....and yes i feel for the cali guys with mods.....thanks juicy haha
Old 06-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Teching In

its got to be mounted on the front of the vehicle, bumper area.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:56 PM
11 Second Club

I have mine on the air dam on the front of my camaro. its mounted about an inch off the ground and i've never had any problems. I've been stopped my state troopers and they just tell me nice place to have my plate.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you think those are fast..... i got my first ticket in my camaro last december, like a month and a half after owning it, 108 in a 50.....i know better than bragging....trust me i feel like a jackass for it....went to jail for like 2.5 hrs....but you shoulda seen that cops face, PRICELESS.....good ol Webster

****....Try 130 in a 65.. 3.a.m. coming back from a Meet in Houston... got a warning for that...The F-Body god was with me that night and kept me out of cuffs, cop was real cool about it too simply for the fact that when I popped over the overpass at 130 and seen him sitting there, knew he had me, I gave up and pulled over as soon as I could...just told me to slow it down and to go home...

6 months later, got the cam in with the nitrous and tuned....giving my buddy a ride on the gas..again, about 4a.m. same cop in the same place but this time it was 160 in 65....didn't stop that time, went straight home car's in the garage, 3 hrs later, there's the cop at my door with two other cops, (which happened to be my cousins)..got a nice fat stack of tickets that night... both cousins told me at a family function the following weekend only reason I didn't go to jail was because he could not prove I was the one driving, but got the tickets since the car is registered to me so there fore I was responsible for it being on the road...