Anybody in here doing P90X or HCG diet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 05:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody in here doing P90X or HCG diet?

Ive been looking into the P90X, but right now Im on the HCG diet, and I know I cant do that kind of working out. I was just wondering if anyone here has any personal storys they want to share about the 2. I've been on the HCG diet for a week now, and Im really starting to notice and feel the difference.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've done a few of the P90x workouts. The Abs will kill you lol.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah i do p90x. i **** 90 times a day. due to all the beer...
Old 08-25-2010, 07:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My buddy is doing it right now, and has lost 30lbs in 5 weeks. He was approximately 60lbs overweight if i had to guess. He loves it.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I started it a couple of months ago, but had to quit. A newborn baby around the house just doesn't allow for a lot of free extra time. I am thinking about starting back up in a couple of weeks.

I did manage to lose 12 pounds in 2 weeks. I did the workouts and followed the diet plan at about 85%.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:31 AM
11 Second Club

P90X isn't difficult to do, it just requires a ton of stamina and you have to eat right to have the energy to get through it. I lost 30 lbs on it but now I'm to the point where I have lost focus and accountability and my gains (or losses in this case) have stopped and luckily not reversed.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

Be careful with that HCG diet.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Teching In

avenged, the key isn't the type of diet/workout necessarily. There are basically 3 things that you want to do:

- find a calorie calculator online to see what your intake should be, and do it. It takes a little bit of doing, but is easy if you are eating pre-packaged stuff. Just keep a running tab in your head.

- Get on the street and run at night! If not, just walk. Bring an ipod or something. Just make sure you do it each night. You don't have to kill yourself ... just do a bit each day.

- Realize that weight loss should be slow to easily sustain. What good is losing 20 lbs if you gain it back 6 months later? Ask me: I've done it TONS of times before and it does NO good. Shoot for 1-2 lbs a week.

Really work on integrating it into your life. I have seen this TONS of times before: fad diets that drop weight quick, only to come back once it gets off it. I have dropped a lot of weight and kept it off just by keeping my cals in count, running at night and having my expectations of weight loss be realistic (1-2 lbs a week).
Old 08-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by avengedws6
Ive been looking into the P90X, but right now Im on the HCG diet, and I know I cant do that kind of working out. I was just wondering if anyone here has any personal storys they want to share about the 2. I've been on the HCG diet for a week now, and Im really starting to notice and feel the difference.
Just like building a car you need to have a goal in mind, a budget in mind, a schedule, and most importantly...be realistic!
Any workout program will work if you are consistent...as far as diet just think eat clean and proportion to your weight and athletic performance.
I have done P90x a few times and to be honest with you it is not worth the money...however if you have the bootleg version like I do then give it a shot and see what happens... for me its not worth the time that is required and I actually ended up loosing some muscle mass and couldn't not control my diet as I wanted to eat everything in sight to feed the hunger beast
Old 08-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

Its very challenging, but you definitely see results.. Even the first couple weeks. I love the ab ripper x.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I downloaded P90X, saw a couple of the videos, and said **** THAT.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Launching!

p90x is even REMOTELY close to hcg diet.
hcg diet is basically a self induced medical procedure to trick your body into burning fat stores. you eat 500cal a day and your body searches for an energy source in the form of fat. in girls, its fools the body into thinking its pregnant so fat stores are the easiest to convert to energy, it attacks them full force and melts it off of you.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
p90x is even REMOTELY close to hcg diet.
hcg diet is basically a self induced medical procedure to trick your body into burning fat stores. you eat 500cal a day and your body searches for an energy source in the form of fat. in girls, its fools the body into thinking its pregnant so fat stores are the easiest to convert to energy, it attacks them full force and melts it off of you.
Girlfriend and sister and brother in law did this, and I think its BS. I think the impact comes from the 500 cal a day. You lose weight because your losing muscle and fat.

Staying low on carbs is the way to keep your weight in check.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Launching!

its definitely not 'bs'. it targets fat with minimal muscle loss for only 500cal a day.
its a pretty interesting concept. i know 3 people that have done it, 2 bodybuilders that lost very little strength and mass while loosing about 20lb of fat.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:44 PM
EW1
Launching!

I have done P90X minus the diet and it has helped build up my strength and stamina. Because of it, I could do more pull ups. I will be starting this other program my buddy has been doing called insanity. You should check it out since this program does not require equipment like dumb bells and a pull up bar that P90X required.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did P90X for about 3 weeks, then broke my leg. All I can say is, it will make you ripped if you stay with it but you'll need to make time and have enough energy to get though the CDs. It'll kick your *** for sure.

My wife is doin some Jillein 20 minute workout everyday and she likes it alot better than P90.. May want to look into that.. LOL J/K..
Old 08-25-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
its definitely not 'bs'. it targets fat with minimal muscle loss for only 500cal a day.
its a pretty interesting concept. i know 3 people that have done it, 2 bodybuilders that lost very little strength and mass while loosing about 20lb of fat.
There's lots of things you don't know that they take, trust me. 500 calories a day is the worst sounding diet ever. Complex carbs are a must in a diet, low fats, high protein. There's your perfect diet.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by whatsa347
There's lots of things you don't know that they take, trust me. 500 calories a day is the worst sounding diet ever. Complex carbs are a must in a diet, low fats, high protein. There's your perfect diet.
oh trust me i know 'what they take'.
i dont know if the 500cal rule is for males. i know thats the female program cal intake. trust me the weight this guy lost was intense.

of course its not the 'perfect diet'. its for a select group of people that want to go that route for time/$ constraints. just like p90x isn't as 'safe' as a slight defecit in cal intake and beginner course in cardio.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well needless to say I actually feel alot better being on the HCG diet. Granted the first week is hell. But I can defenantly tell a differance. Im going to stick it out and see how it goes. I have researched this diet and meal plan enough to feel comfortable doing it. A few years ago I did the Atkins diet and lost like 30 almost 40 lbs but I have gained back like 20 or so.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

im on a diet also
drinking ALOT of water and well in school i do alot of walking and im taking hydrosicut and arsinon , and well with work and school its hard to temp my self to go out and get fast food.
i just started to no results as of right now,

Quick Reply: Anybody in here doing P90X or HCG diet?