Anyone here work for BestBuy?

Old 09-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone here work for BestBuy?

I bought a TV the other day, opened it that night and it has a busted screen. I tried to take it back to BestBuy, but they told me to stick it. So I am out 584 bucks and have a busted TV that is 48 hours old. I just want to talk to someone that works there and try to figure a few things out.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

you showed them your receipt that you bought it the day before and they weren't willing to do anything? i would have raised hell w/ the manager....
Old 09-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to another location and see what they say.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

Did you not buy the warranty they offer?
Old 09-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

The TV will be 48 hours old in one more hour. Showed them the receipt. The AGM said, after I asked is that what he was saying, that I am stuck out 600 bucks with a busted TV and they WILL NOT take it back. I've talked to their consumer relations, which are a bunch of **** monkeys, and they won't answer my questions. Been talked to different people for about an hour.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 92maro
Did you not buy the warranty they offer?
Why buy the warranty? It has a 1 year manufacture warranty. Or do you mean the warranty that they offer of, they might have broke the TV in the back, they might not have. Buy this warranty anyway so we can screw you some more.

Even if I did, the way these guys are, they would've told me to stick it anyways.

**** BestBuy. Never again will I go there. I should've bought it on credit card then I could've done a stop payment.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by whitehooptie
I bought a TV the other day, opened it that night and it has a busted screen. I tried to take it back to BestBuy, but they told me to stick it. So I am out 584 bucks and have a busted TV that is 48 hours old. I just want to talk to someone that works there and try to figure a few things out.
Hmm, they should take that back. There's one circumstance that they won't though. What type of TV is it (LCD, LED, Plasma) and did you load it up or did a best buy worker load it up for you?
Old 09-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's bullshit they should take it back............I would have not of left without getting a new one.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Ok hopefully somebody that works there can post up. i worked at one near i75 and walnut hill near north park mall. It really should be considered northpark but w.e.

Anyways OP I dont work there anymore but call this store and ask for Craig. He is the general manager. Explain to him that this recently happened to you and you would like some assistance. If all else fails tell him all the people you have contacted and if there was any way he could call in a favor to another store near you. I dont know what else to say since the device is broken.

My last question I would say is have you tried calling the manufacturer? I have seen them fix a few things that I would consider questionable as it seems that this had to be damaged before it was shipped if the box is in good shape.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

the manufacture warranty will only cover certain things, like if one of the inputs gets fried or something like that. The black tie warranty would have cover accidental damage. you could just walk in there and they would replace it no questions asked, this according to my friend who works for geek squad.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

the manufacture warranty will only cover certain things, like if one of the inputs gets fried or something like that. The black tie warranty would have cover accidental damage. you could just walk in there and they would replace it no questions asked, this according to my friend who works for geek squad.
No **** sherlock, but it makes no f'n sense on why he would need one when he bought it 2 days ago and it was broken before he even got it. I worked there and they just promote that **** all over the place even when you buy games now its a joke. yeah its great peace of mind to have but if you pay for insurance for 10 years and you never have a claim or an accident is it worth it?

Honestly op the more and more i think about this the more it pisses me off personally. I mean hell returning damaged product for them is like nothing, not sure why they are being such douchebags. The worst thing that would happen to them is they would get it repaired and resell it as a refurbished tv and lose 100-200 bucks.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
No **** sherlock, but it makes no f'n sense on why he would need one when he bought it 2 days ago and it was broken before he even got it. I worked there and they just promote that **** all over the place even when you buy games now its a joke. yeah its great peace of mind to have but if you pay for insurance for 10 years and you never have a claim or an accident is it worth it?

Honestly op the more and more i think about this the more it pisses me off personally. I mean hell returning damaged product for them is like nothing, not sure why they are being such douchebags. The worst thing that would happen to them is they would get it repaired and resell it as a refurbished tv and lose 100-200 bucks.
what is your point? They cant prove that it was damaged between the time he took it from them, just like he cant prove it was damaged before he took possession. You cant expect a company to take ever single persons word on damaged goods. I dont see how the time frame plays any part in it, the warranty is worth the piece of mind.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

They must have found the damage suspicious. No offense OP.

Was there any damage to the box when you bought it? Any scuffs, ripped cardboard, anything? TV's are packaged to be dropped and kicked around. They don't break very easily, but it DOES happen.

Also, best buy has a policy with plasma tv's where they have to be loaded into a car a certain way. If the customer chooses to load it their way to make it fit, then best buy holds no liability. We actually had to refuse to load it in because plasma tvs can easily get damaged if they lay flat.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would raise holy hell, call and talk the manager, if they cant help talk to their manager, if they wont help call corporate, keep trying to go up the ladder until you find somebody to make it right. Threaten to sue, stand in front of the store with a sign, whatever it takes, they are just hoping you will go away quietly

I went through something similar with a Samsung TV a couple of years ago, it took weeks of phone calls and lots of patience, but I got my TV replaced with a better one.

Last edited by mike171562; 09-24-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop

So by that logic if i have the option of warrantying my car when i buy it, if i dont think i will need it i shouldn't get it? And since a warranty is just another form of buyers insurance i guess all those people who pay for auto insurance are idiots if they never have to file a claim. You buy warranties and insurance for the piece of mind. Ever hear the expression "**** happens"?
Old 09-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Teching In

So by that logic if i have the option of warrantying my car when i buy it, if i dont think i will need it i shouldn't get it? And since a warranty is just another form of buyers insurance i guess all those people who pay for auto insurance are idiots if they never have to file a claim. You buy warranties and insurance for the piece of mind. Ever hear the expression "**** happens"?
On home electronics its a rip off to buy the extended warranty.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Staging Lane

He did not break the TV. It was broken when he bought it. Its not his fault, its Best Buy. Raise enough hell and it should get replaced. Nice customers never get what they want, no really.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jmorgan
He did not break the TV. It was broken when he bought it. Its not his fault, its Best Buy. Raise enough hell and it should get replaced. Nice customers never get what they want, no really.
And how exactly do you know this? Im not calling the OP a liar but you nor he can prove that it was broke when he bought it.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by acertx
On home electronics its a rip off to buy the extended warranty.
If you say so, i dont have to worry about buying another PS3 controller for as long as i have the console. I dont have to worry about my surround sound system, i dont have to worry about my TV going out. (if you work your warranties right, I.E. have some sort of "accident" towards the end of the coverage date you never technically wasted a penny... thanks for trying.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Teching In

If you say so, i dont have to worry about buying another PS3 controller for as long as i have the console. I dont have to worry about my surround sound system, i dont have to worry about my TV going out. (if you work your warranties right, I.E. have some sort of "accident" towards the end of the coverage date you never technically wasted a penny... thanks for trying.
So you're saying you should destroy a perfectly good product right at the end of the warranty so you get your moneys worth? Awesome idea, sounds almost like fraud. Its also not like the manufacturers offer a 1 year warranty already and most electronics are obsolete after a year or anything. Oh and I have sold these before years ago where the company, "Office Max", even told us they were a ripoff.

Search this Thread