Old 12-15-2010, 12:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so much for no smart comments
Old 12-15-2010, 02:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 5w20
Your videos are cool and all, but that scenario is different from the one posted here. A stationary object like your videos will show greater damage than when a vehicle rear ends another vehicle. Ya dig?
I'm sorry, let me find a video of a C5 rearending the exact make and model car they hit from the exact same points of impact...

And your logic is flawed. It all depends on the angle of impact. Impacting another moving vehicle could in fact make the damage worse. Unless I missed something, I saw nothing posted by the OP that said he/she rear ended another vehicle..

And the videos support my point even more since the vehicles depicted are large SUVs where as were talking about a Corvette, which as I previously stated, has very little structural support up front.

Last edited by TXMaro; 12-15-2010 at 02:08 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:18 AM
Teching In

Let the insurance companies battle it out; they will determine who is "at fault". The new wreck form might show unit 1 & unit 2, however insurance companies can fight and plead their own case on it
Old 12-15-2010, 07:07 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TXMaro
I'm sorry, let me find a video of a C5 rearending the exact make and model car they hit from the exact same points of impact...

And your logic is flawed. It all depends on the angle of impact. Impacting another moving vehicle could in fact make the damage worse. Unless I missed something, I saw nothing posted by the OP that said he/she rear ended another vehicle..

And the videos support my point even more since the vehicles depicted are large SUVs where as were talking about a Corvette, which as I previously stated, has very little structural support up front.
No. YOUR logic is the one that is flawed. Hitting a non-collapsable stationary object will always cause more damage than hitting a car. For example... go punch a brick wall then go punch a car... which one hurt your hand more?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:14 AM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

LOL, you guys are seriously fighting over a wreck you weren't even at?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1FAST02FORMULAHAWK
Am I the only one that sees a pole impact?
Originally Posted by edzsilverss
Then it would be hard to find

lol...the pole comments had me in tears...well played..
Old 12-15-2010, 08:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

The guy darted out of a driveway and driver was 10 feet away and did not have time to react. The people that understand how the C5s are made got it right. They are built to "absorb" an impact. If you do not think 40 is fast on an impact, take your car out then and hit a wall barrier because it's the same as if you were driving, then a car darts out in front of you from the right hand side, since they are pulling out sideways it's like they were standing still.

No, a pole was not involved at all. We struck the driver's side rear where the tire is all the way back to the bumper. It even tore out his rear end center section and tailgate.

FACT: Regardless of the mph, the guy is at fault, should not have pulled out, and should have been on the side of caution when he began to leave the driveway. Insurance agrees it was 100% his fault.

And for the people talking crap as usual - stop being another guy behind a keyboard with no guts to come out in public and identify yourself.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To the OP ...

If this is going to court or even aggressively investigated, I suggest you get this thread deleted (and any others that may've been started) just to protect yourself.

Statements made here by you and those that take issue with your account can be very hard to explain. Sometimes, its better to not muddy the waters at all.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HTX
um.... I call BS.... and judging by other threads that you have started on this forum my call seems about right.... You are always making noise about something and you always want to sue someone......

Cops hate you, the world hates you, your neighbors are mean to you and pick on you.... you never start conflicts but you are always being atacked... yada yada...

There. I said it.
Flame suit ON
x2
I could not agree more!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:47 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fasttagurl
And for the people talking crap as usual - stop being another guy behind a keyboard with no guts to come out in public and identify yourself.
why would i need to identify myself just to tell you that you are full of ****? Would you like me to walk up to you... call you a liar... shake your hand then walk away? Would that make you feel better?

But if i did im sure your next LS1tech post will be as follows

"Oh My God!!! HTX just came to my church while i was inside praying. He set a fire, slapped my grandmother, and punched my minister in the face! It was terrible! Then when the cop showed up he got out of his car chugging Jack Daniels and told me to stop crying. Then he high-fived HTX and they both left. Im sueing! Im sueing the **** out of everyone! Someone find me a lawer!!!! WHHAAAAA please feel sorry for me."
Old 12-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HTX
why would i need to identify myself just to tell you that you are full of ****? Would you like me to walk up to you... call you a liar... shake your hand then walk away? Would that make you feel better?

"Oh My God!!! HTX just came to my church while i was inside praying. He set a fire, slapped my grandmother, and punched my minister in the face! It was terrible! Then when the cop showed up he got out of his car chugging Jack Daniels and told me to stop crying. Then he high-fived HTX and they both left. Im sueing! Im sueing the **** out of everyone! Someone find me a lawer!!!! WHHAAAAA please feel sorry for me
."

LAWLZZZZZ Winner of teh internets right there
Old 12-15-2010, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HTX

"Oh My God!!! HTX just came to my church while i was inside praying. He set a fire, slapped my grandmother, and punched my minister in the face! It was terrible! Then when the cop showed up he got out of his car chugging Jack Daniels and told me to stop crying. Then he high-fived HTX and they both left. Im sueing! Im sueing the **** out of everyone! Someone find me a lawer!!!! WHHAAAAA please feel sorry for me."
I don't care who you are, Thats funny right there...
Old 12-15-2010, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

If you hit a stationary object, the impulse force on your vehicle will be greater than if you hit an object moving at some positive velocity with respect to your vehicle. However, you also have to take into account the various strong and weak points on the colliding vehicles. They are not simple homogeneous particles.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:20 AM
TECH Regular

There's a lot I would like to say but, ehh, in before the lock is the only thing relevant at this point.

Vernon
Old 12-15-2010, 10:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HTX

ROFLMAO....good stuff....she wants your name so she can file a lawsuit against you for besmirching her name....LOL
Old 12-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Launching!

Cliff Notes Version: If main concern is just getting the car paid for you don't need an attorney since you have coverage. They will go after him for you. You can get value increased for aftermarket parts if you wait for initial offer and then argue the value up. If you want to keep the vehicle you have to pay salvage.

Not worth it to argue with cop since you have coverage. If it's a personal beef with the officer's decision I suggest calling the officer and stating your disagreement in a respectful way and requesting they ammend the report.
-------------

I work at a personal injury attorney's office, specifically handling property damage claims like negotiating the value of a vehicle when it's been totaled. In addition, I lost two 500 whp cars in a 6 month time frame this year. One was a 99 C5(383/built drivetrain) and the other a 2005 CTS-V (supercharged/cam). Both were not my fault and caused by uninsured drivers.

I didn't read if you were injured or not, but this will make a difference in getting an attorney to represent you. PI attorneys make money off of injury claims, not property damage claims. In my office we handle the prop damage as a courtesy since most of our clients are way to injured to negotiate a totaled vehicle properly. Were you transported by EMS, or have you been to a Dr.? If you have not been within a week, this would be an indication that you're not injured enough to justify the time/resources an attorneys office would need to invest in your case(generally speaking). I'm not saying you should fake an injury because you don't really need a lawyer to get the car issue taken care of.

Since you have UM/UIM coverage, you're in the clear even if they don't have insurance. My vette got hit by some hoodrat girl that stole my neighbors car. Much less damage than that, still totaled. I don't doubt you were going 40mph at all.

The way total loss claims work in Texas are pretty simple. You need to get together any and all records you have of money you've spent on the car. I had 25k in modifications that I submitted to them. Granted you don't get dollar for dollar, but it will still increase the value of the vehicle. They will make you an offer and you need to compare that to NADA values and then search the marketplace using autotrader. This will give you an idea of what a decent offer is. Remember, insurance is only required to give you "actual cash value". This is lower than what dealers will sell cars for. If you claim on your insurance, they will also take out the deductible. I'd get offers from both yours and his insurance to see which is higher.

If you want to keep the vehicle you will have to give them the salvage value of the vehicle. C5s have very high salvage values. I had to take 6000 off my total loss offer to keep the C5, but only 3500 for the CTSV, but it was worth it because of all the aftermarket stuff. in each vehicle.

btw, this should not be considered legal advice. Just a conversation you had with a dude, on a road, in Mexico.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luckymex_dallas
so much for no smart comments
It's all good - they're just low-life guys who only talk smack behind a keyboard so they'll look cool in front of their buddies. I know how most guys are. They remind me of little high school girls that sit around and gossip. It's funny cause some of these guys don't even have a car they race, F-body, etc. LOL.

I don't post things so people will feel sorry for me - it's to help other people out who may get into the same situation. I know I'm a good person willing to help good people, and that's all that matters.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

It's all good - they're just low-life guys who only talk smack behind a keyboard so they'll look cool in front of their buddies. I know how most guys are. They remind me of little high school girls that sit around and gossip. It's funny cause some of these guys don't even have a car they race, F-body, etc. LOL.

I don't post things so people will feel sorry for me - it's to help other people out who may get into the same situation. I know I'm a good person willing to help good people, and that's all that matters.
Again......

what other vehicle was involved.......?????
Old 12-15-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

Since 5w-20 just threw out a name it's locked in no time.

FastaGurl, it's what you said to a degree but I read your posts and looked up the older one and here's what a 40 year old with an F-body who has raced cars forever and has been you your exact situation more times than I want to remember thinks.

The way you post invites the skeptisim and questions. You lay out just enough in a vauge manor that everone thinks you are either dumb and asked for the trouble or did it to yourself and now hiding something that would give you away. Either give the important details or just ask a question and don't say why you want to know. Crazy pics without explanations, come on you know what will happen.

Just some advice, I'm not trying to put you down. For all I know you're completely truthful here. Most people don't realize why they catch so much hell on the internet. This is a major reason you do.

Vernon
P.S. To far away to tell you in person.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

result of hitting a stopped car going 75mph...

FACT: Regardless of the mph, the guy is at fault, should not have pulled out, and should have been on the side of caution when he began to leave the driveway. Insurance agrees it was 100% his fault.
WRONG. If the police officer stated on his police report that you were speeding, then both parties are at fault. Just depends on if the claims agent investigates far enough....