the real reason why we are in Libya & Iraq?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the real reason why we are in Libya & Iraq?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuqZf...layer_embedded

if you think about it, there are many many other countries suffering by major genocide and are in some very inhumane circumstances....... but yet we never interfere with those countries, just the ones with all the money?!?!?...... no doubt that the 2 leaders of these countries are bad people, BUT there are many more by all means a lot worse...... but we dont help them do we??? just the ones with all the oil/money.....

Old 06-10-2011, 08:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is old news. If you didn't understand our war machine until now you've been living in a dark hole some place.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

i'm too lazy to look it up but on jon stewart he did a thing of on Afghanistan saying there were geological surveys done and beneath foot level they are one of the richest countries, ore/mineral wise.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

well the reason we're in libya is for oil, not for us, but for britain and france who get much of their oil from libya. that much is obvious. as for iraq, its possible, but i highly doubt it. its been like what, 8 years and we dont get much oil from iraq. im sorrry to bust the bubble of all the hippy conspiracy theorists, but the us only gets a fraction of its oil from the middle east. the vast majority of it comes from canada, followed by mexico. saudi arabia is third, but we import over twice as much oil from canada as saudi arabia. libya isnt even on the list of top 15 countries from which we import oil. iraq is, but its #9 on the list (we get twice as much from mexico and 5 times as much from canada). furthermore, i believe this number has gone down since before the iraq war...

also, i dont think many people realize this, but a weaker dollar is not necessarily bad! it means more foreign investment in the country and more exports!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

id also like to make the point that you have all of these americans commenting on the arab spring. they say go egypt! go libya! syria, bahrain, tunisia!!! we have to topple those evil dicatators that are hurting the people, yadda yadda. but when it comes to iraq, our county becomes one of war criminals and evil closed door meetings. saddam had been killing his people for decades at a much larger scale than any of these countries, but the war is very unpopular because the left-wing media says so. anyways, the toppling of the ba'ath government in iraq was not an end, but rather a means..

i know i sound like a loon, but perhaps we're in afghanistan to umm, you know, kill terrorists and topple the taliban (which has recently come back, in case you didnt know) who support them? or maybe we did go to iraq in an attempt to sieze potential wmd? maybe its just me, but i dont think its all that crazy to suspect that he had them. i seem to remember a 6 month period or so in which he absolutely refused to allow UN inspectors into the country to look for them. he'd refuse, and refuse, and refuse and then one day he said 'ok fine, come on in'. nobody is the least bit suspicious of this? alot can happen in that amount of time. and for what its worth, he did have over 500 tons of uranium, but that existed before the war and was well documented. however, this does not preclude the possibility that it may have ended up in the wrong hands. could go either way i guess
Old 06-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

I smell hippy.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Worse case scenario, he's right, people are evil and powerful and put a price on human life, etc. Best case scenario, the military industrial complex survives simply because people want to keep their jobs. Wars make jobs.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Im military so yes work gives me job security, but i still think we need to take over the country after we kick **** out of them not rebuild it better than it was and hand it back to them.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DarknessHunter
Im military so yes work gives me job security, but i still think we need to take over the country after we kick **** out of them not rebuild it better than it was and hand it back to them.
That mentality is why people hate the United States. We have no business being over there in the first place. If we didn't meddle in other countries affairs and set up false flags then we wouldn't be in this situation to start with.

The "terrorists" don't hate our freedom, they hate our unlawful occupation in their country and the **** we bring with us.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Morbid
That mentality is why people hate the United States. We have no business being over there in the first place. If we didn't meddle in other countries affairs and set up false flags then we wouldn't be in this situation to start with.

The "terrorists" don't hate our freedom, they hate our unlawful occupation in their country and the **** we bring with us.
well said
Old 06-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Launching!

Libya = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Am_Flight_103
Old 06-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

X2 if for whatever reason it is bad enough we have to go to war, We should take it over.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:07 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:11 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

With the exception of Hawaii and Vietnam t.he us has always rebuilt the countries it has invaded. The result is a country twice as strong as it was prior and that more powerful country becomes loyal to the US.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Really? So you think if we just pull all the troops out everything will be fine and dandy huh? They'll never attack us again right? Give me a break.. people like you have absolutely no idea what the hell your talking about and sound rather naive when you spit that verbal garbage. Don't worry we have people in our leadership that do and as of late they know what the hell they are doing...ie killing bin laden.

Terrorist hate everything about us.. they hate the freedom, the fact that woman have rights and are allowed to go to school and the fact that you have the right to say what you want for example on this forum the global war on terror will never end IMO.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HTX
You don't have a clue what you are talking about.
Care to expand on your theory? It's easy to say I don't have a clue but you fail to reason why.

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
Really? So you think if we just pull all the troops out everything will be fine and dandy huh? They'll never attack us again right?
Did I say any of that? I said we had no business being there in the first place. You wouldn't have to withdraw troops if they weren't there to begin with. Show me sound reasoning why we're over there and can legally occupy another country. Before you reference 9/11 let me remind you who was on the CIA payroll (OBL) and how the Taliban was financed by said CIA. I suspect you took the official story of 9/11 at the Commissions word and left it at that.

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
Terrorist hate everything about us.. they hate the freedom, the fact that woman have rights and are allowed to go to school and the fact that you have the right to say what you want for example on this forum the global war on terror will never end IMO.
The "global war on terror" can't end. Welcome to the perpetual nemesis that is "terror." As more of your freedoms are gladly given up to support this "war on terror" you'll find that you have less freedoms and aren't any safer than you were before it all started.

You realize that we're the terrorists, right? I'm sorry if you're not able to see around the United States ego to grasp that fact. One day you'll wake up to the reality we're living in and not the fairy tale you learned in school.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:43 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Once again, morbid. You are very much incorrect and there is no reason to explain myself as you have chosen to believe theories that are bas ed on zero amounts of truth. However your theories can be proven false by science, history, and of course... getting up from behind the TV screen and exploring the world first hand.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HTX
Once again, morbid. You are very much incorrect and there is no reason to explain myself as you have chosen to believe theories that are bas ed on zero amounts of truth. However your theories can be proven false by science, history, and of course... getting up from behind the TV screen and exploring the world first hand.
X2...and Morbid put down the kool-aid.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:54 PM
12 Second Club

As I thought. Carry on.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I thought? Just remember that we are the only player that plays by the rules.

I find what you have said very disrespectful to the very troops that have served so that you can voice your uneducated opinion.