help me repo my bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 01:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question help me repo my bike

So long story short. A young kid bought my bike for 3k but only paid 2k he has til Feb 15th to pay or I can get the bike and he gets no money back, parts he's put on the bike etc. I have a bill of sale that clearly states I'm selling the bike as is and still have full ownership of it until the remander is paid then title will be handed over. I have in the bill of sale that I can and will repo the bike if the money isn't paid in full. So how to I get it back and protect myself from ending up in court? I'll upload the bill of sale later. I still have the title as well. I've been texting him every week saying "title is here, let me know when you want to meet". But recently haven't heard anything back. I want it the bike back the first day I can so help me make this happen. Anyone know a repo company in Cleveland BTW?
Old 01-06-2012, 02:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, is this real?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

If he has till Feb 15th why are you looking into repoing it? Its only Jan 6th...

Are you trying to pull some shady **** by taking the bike back before the agreed date? Just because he is not responding to your text does not mean you can just go take the bike back

You made the contract, wait till the 15 of Feburary.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:23 AM
12 Second Club

Even if he doesn't pay by the 15th of Feb. You should still give him a week after to come up with money or you will have to come and get the bike. But LMFAO at already thinking about repoing this dudes bike when he has 1.5 months to come up with $1k.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Yeah this is jumping the gun a bit. Just curious, but when did you sell him the bike? I would never sell a bike/car unless it's paid in full. What of he wrecks it, runs red lights, races etc. Not worth the headache.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Hey, a deal is a deal. Better to be the one prepared and doing the screwing than getting screwed. Google brought up plenty of results BTW.......have your **** ready, and if you ain't got that money in your hand come Feb. 16th, go get the bike.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:58 AM
11 Second Club

yeah why did you sell it? He can't insure it unless his name is on the title, so he has no insurance.... I'd never ever do that... I'm willing to bet if he doesn't pay you the next 1.5 months you never hear from him, the bike is probably in pieces, sold on CL and he is in another city/state now. You will spend more in legal fees then what he owes ya and he knows it, so he got your bike for a steal is what I'd bet.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Huh? You dont have to own a vehicle to insure it...
Old 01-06-2012, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

if you read what he said he wants to get rdy so when the day comes he can get it not that hes trying to get it sooner, but i agree no full payment no item
Old 01-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol why does he have the bike, if he didn't pay in full. It's your own fault for having to be in this situation.

Sorry, I have no advice for someone like you.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

If its in the contract that he has til the 15th then there's nothing you can do. I hope you made a bad *** contract that covers your *** well. But as soon as it turns the 16th its all yours with no legal consequences . But if he has damaged the bike and you did not specify that he is liable "if" you had to repo it in the contract then things could get hairy. Good luck but he still has over a month to pay up
Old 01-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Teching In

Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure all the guy has to do is go get the bike insured (which he can do without ownership) then take the insurance and the bill of sale to the DMV and tell them that the title was lost and he can get a salvaged title on the bike in his name without paying anything else for it....

Only way it would show up as stolen is if the owner BlackTXmagic reports it stolen before he gets a chance to do this first.

Again, this is the one of many reasons why you never buy anything in payments or accept payments on a sale!
Old 01-17-2012, 01:45 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just contact the Cleveland PD when the time comes. If he doesn't pay you and you have a notarized document than speak to an officer about the best way for you to go about it. He may just tell you to report it stolen but you never know.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NastySSnTexas
Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure all the guy has to do is go get the bike insured (which he can do without ownership) then take the insurance and the bill of sale to the DMV and tell them that the title was lost and he can get a salvaged title on the bike in his name without paying anything else for it....

Only way it would show up as stolen is if the owner BlackTXmagic reports it stolen before he gets a chance to do this first.

Again, this is the one of many reasons why you never buy anything in payments or accept payments on a sale!
If it's that simple then what's to stop people from doing this when using a bank? They can just fake a bill of sale just as easily and both are illegal.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1990LSx
I would just contact the Cleveland PD when the time comes. If he doesn't pay you and you have a notarized document than speak to an officer about the best way for you to go about it. He may just tell you to report it stolen but you never know.
They are going to say it is a civil matter. I had to deal with the same crap many years ago and that’s what they told me.

If it was that easy every Finance company would be doing it
Old 01-17-2012, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would report it stolen. Thats my advice. I delt with a guy that didnt pay me a car before. He went awall and i wish I had reported it stollen before he messed it up like he did. After you report it stollen you decide to press charges or not. At least you will get your bike back.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

I hope this is a lesson to everyone to NOT SELL YOUR CAR UNLESS YOU RECEIVE ALL THE CASH UPFRONT. No IOU's, No payment plans, no checks, and no sexual favors from sisters.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99bluehawk
I would report it stolen. Thats my advice. I delt with a guy that didnt pay me a car before. He went awall and i wish I had reported it stollen before he messed it up like he did. After you report it stollen you decide to press charges or not. At least you will get your bike back.
Or you get thrown in Jail for giving false information. If the guy does not pay for the bike it is a Civil Matter, It is not stolen because the OP gave him the keys.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Banned

lol.....
what a dumbass......
Old 01-17-2012, 09:39 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah this is jumping the gun a bit. Just curious, but when did you sell him the bike? I would never sell a bike/car unless it's paid in full. What of he wrecks it, runs red lights, races etc. Not worth the headache.
this x 10, honest i will never sell something and not have the full amount that is just asking for issues, i would have just told him come back when ya have the money, also i would never buy something that way, honest op this wasnt a bright idea