Dont Buy from Ron Carter Cadillac- Buyer Beware

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016 | 01:35 AM
Launching!

Default Dont Buy from Ron Carter Cadillac- Buyer Beware

Bought an 11 CTS-V coupe A couple weeks ago.

See my review here for details. Spread the word please

https://www.yelp.com/biz/ron-carter-...t_by=date_desc

I am sharing on as many sites as I can to help others from getting the crappy treatment I received.
Old 08-02-2016 | 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

Don't feel lonely. It looks as though they are getting over on many folks. I have bought two used cars from them and one was a raw deal but it was mostly my fault from not looking the truck over a lot better. A used car is always a big gamble. It's up to you to drag out the fine toothed comb.

Last edited by codyvette; 08-02-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-02-2016 | 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

Thanks for the tip. I planned on going there to look at cars with my girlfriend, because of convenience. She was rear ended and I live in Clear Lake.
Old 08-02-2016 | 11:56 AM
TECH Apprentice
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06C6FVR
Bought an 11 CTS-V coupe A couple weeks ago.

See my review here for details. Spread the word please

https://www.yelp.com/biz/ron-carter-...t_by=date_desc

I am sharing on as many sites as I can to help others from getting the crappy treatment I received.
Did you sign the AS IS buyers guide, or was there a specific warranty? I honestly don't get your problem, they are working to fix it for you, which is more than they're obligated to do, unless there was something specifically written into a warranty about body work.

As a buyer, it's on you to check it over completely. You cannot make a deal, then expect them to give you a partial refund because you missed damage.
Old 08-02-2016 | 12:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JC316
Did you sign the AS IS buyers guide, or was there a specific warranty? I honestly don't get your problem, they are working to fix it for you, which is more than they're obligated to do, unless there was something specifically written into a warranty about body work.

As a buyer, it's on you to check it over completely. You cannot make a deal, then expect them to give you a partial refund because you missed damage.
Yes, they fixed the car, but its the treatment I recieved. One guy tells me they will tear up the deal, next guy says no thats not happening, Gm blows me off to go to lunch, ignores my requests for where the car was going, body shop not told what to do, etc. The GM has terrible customer service skills. You have to make time to listen to your customers. I know they didnt have to do anything, it was as-is. However, im a repeat customer, and have bought 5 cars in the last year, and they have lost my business for good. They also offered me 5k less for my truck trade than what they ended up at. Tried to stick me with 5k.. I should have walked then. Just unethical and sometimes in business you have to eat a little bit of profit to save a relationship with a customer.

Lets see, lose 2-3k now, to gain 20k over the next 5 years ... pretty simple to me...

Also, take a look at all the reviews on google, yelp, etc. Many other people have issues with thier unethical treatment. Along with several BBB unresolved complaints...
Old 08-02-2016 | 01:59 PM
TECH Apprentice
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06C6FVR
Yes, they fixed the car, but its the treatment I recieved. One guy tells me they will tear up the deal, next guy says no thats not happening, Gm blows me off to go to lunch, ignores my requests for where the car was going, body shop not told what to do, etc. The GM has terrible customer service skills. You have to make time to listen to your customers. I know they didnt have to do anything, it was as-is. However, im a repeat customer, and have bought 5 cars in the last year, and they have lost my business for good. They also offered me 5k less for my truck trade than what they ended up at. Tried to stick me with 5k.. I should have walked then. Just unethical and sometimes in business you have to eat a little bit of profit to save a relationship with a customer.

Lets see, lose 2-3k now, to gain 20k over the next 5 years ... pretty simple to me...

Also, take a look at all the reviews on google, yelp, etc. Many other people have issues with thier unethical treatment. Along with several BBB unresolved complaints...
I can see both sides of it because I've been on both sides. I am currently a small used car dealer. You wouldn't believe the crap that I have to deal with.

I sell cars that I've personally put at least 100 miles on. I had a customer come up with his own mechanic, they drove the car, the mechanic signed off on it. I witness them floor the car in park and let it bounce off the rev limiter for a good 15 seconds, then buy it. Roast the tires going out of the driveway.

They call me back the next day because the motor blew up and now they have a sob story... Well no ******* ****, I see how you treat a car. I see a lot of buyers remorse too.

On the flip side, a friend bought an explorer and the check engine light came on 10 miles down the road. It had a cracked intake and the dealership wouldn't do anything about it.

That dealership that you're dealing with is using classic tactics. They let the sales guy be the "good guy", and then have a manager "overrule" him. The GM making you wait is pretty much seeing if your an overly picky customer, or someone with a legit issue.

It can be difficult to be fair and keep your customers happy without getting walked on.
Old 08-02-2016 | 11:50 PM
On The Tree

I'm a small dealer as well. Just cause the consumer signed the buyers guide doesn't mean we are off the hook. Laws are changing in more for the consumer.
Old 08-03-2016 | 01:33 AM
TECH Apprentice
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by malibu9in
I'm a small dealer as well. Just cause the consumer signed the buyers guide doesn't mean we are off the hook. Laws are changing in more for the consumer.
Got links? I haven't heard anything about it. Most of the new laws are for franchised dealers, not used.
Old 08-03-2016 | 07:41 AM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

We've had great success with CarPro dealers (the guy on the radio), straight up ethical treatment on used cars. Nice. That said, when I bought my V, I had to take what I could find since I wanted such a specific car. Buying used, you have to know more to come out OK, period. I see both sides of this one but you can treat people courteously and still try and get every dollar out of a deal, especially with repeat customers.
Old 08-03-2016 | 10:17 AM
Launching!

I can see both sides of it because I've been on both sides. I am currently a small used car dealer. You wouldn't believe the crap that I have to deal with.

I sell cars that I've personally put at least 100 miles on. I had a customer come up with his own mechanic, they drove the car, the mechanic signed off on it. I witness them floor the car in park and let it bounce off the rev limiter for a good 15 seconds, then buy it. Roast the tires going out of the driveway.

They call me back the next day because the motor blew up and now they have a sob story... Well no ******* ****, I see how you treat a car. I see a lot of buyers remorse too.

On the flip side, a friend bought an explorer and the check engine light came on 10 miles down the road. It had a cracked intake and the dealership wouldn't do anything about it.

That dealership that you're dealing with is using classic tactics. They let the sales guy be the "good guy", and then have a manager "overrule" him. The GM making you wait is pretty much seeing if your an overly picky customer, or someone with a legit issue.

It can be difficult to be fair and keep your customers happy without getting walked on.
I understand your points, and if I was buying a 12k used Hyundai Sonata (I bought one of these earlier this year for my daughter), I expect flaws and such, but for a 42k, 5 yr old car with only 20k miles,CTSV, you expect a little more than what I got, and if you had seen the shoddy body work done, there is NO way the dealer did NOT know about the pre-existing work. It wasnt noticeable with a very dirty car, but when clean very easy to pick out. But again, there were plenty of opportunities for the GM to do the right thing. when i finally got to speak with him after another hour of waiting, and he had the nerve to tell me he had to push a few other appointments back to talk to me....and that he sells 500 cars a month... All of which should not have been said. I own 19 businesses and I have complaints, and we listen to every one. (sometimes they are wrong, but we at least listen). And they didnt make the sales guy out to be the good guy, nobody overrode him. The GM overrode the Sales Manager when the sales manager (top manager besides gm) told me they would tear up the deal.
Old 08-03-2016 | 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Got links? I haven't heard anything about it. Most of the new laws are for franchised dealers, not used.

I don't have links. But are you a tiada member? I've attended many of their conferences and training. It's good to be in the know.
Old 08-04-2016 | 11:32 AM
TECH Apprentice
10 Year Member

I don't have links. But are you a tiada member? I've attended many of their conferences and training. It's good to be in the know.
Never done the conferences, but I have studied the dealer handbook backwards and forwards, plus I keep up to date on any new regulations. AFAIK, the buyers guide pretty much covers everything except intentional fraud.

I looked through the tiada blogs and didn't find anything. What were they saying?
Old 08-08-2016 | 08:04 AM
On The Tree

Sorry for late reply. I've listened to Michael dunagan. He's the attorney for tiada. He's seen consumers win cases. However maybe there was other issues. But I do remember him telling us about them. Are you buy here pay here? Don't get me started on that.
Old 08-08-2016 | 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice
10 Year Member

Sorry for late reply. I've listened to Michael dunagan. He's the attorney for tiada. He's seen consumers win cases. However maybe there was other issues. But I do remember him telling us about them. Are you buy here pay here? Don't get me started on that.
Might have been a dealer doing some shady stuff. Yes, I am a buy here pay here lot. It's a headache. Most of my customers are nice people that just need a good car, then there are those select few that know how to work the system.
Old 08-08-2016 | 10:41 PM
On The Tree

I'm a bhph dealer too. It's gonna get very bad with the chpb I hear.
Old 08-09-2016 | 12:38 AM
TECH Apprentice
10 Year Member

I'm a bhph dealer too. It's gonna get very bad with the chpb I hear.
I can see both sides of it really. I hold myself to a certain standard with my cars, I refuse to be that guy that sells junk. I am fortunate enough to be a mechanic that happens to own a car lot.

That said, any new protection laws are just going to send used car prices through the roof.
Old 08-09-2016 | 03:09 PM
TECH Junkie
20 Year Member

I too buy and sell a lot of cars.... I buy em, drive em, and fix em up nice! Basically bring them back from the dead and flip em for a modest profit. I can usually tell within the first 5 min of talking to someone what kind of "buyer" they are. There are NO guarantees with a used car... I too have been burnt like a ****.... I am proud to say that I have never had someone contact me questioning me about what they bought. I am very transparent. Oh, common sense is also a great attribute. You would be surprised how many expect something for nothing... Like they are entitled... (roll eyes)... Karma is a bitch and shell hunt you down if you do someone wrong.... As others have said, go over every inch of the car before you sign the line....
Old 08-09-2016 | 08:51 PM
On The Tree

I can see both sides of it really. I hold myself to a certain standard with my cars, I refuse to be that guy that sells junk. I am fortunate enough to be a mechanic that happens to own a car lot.

That said, any new protection laws are just going to send used car prices through the roof.
You and I are on the same track. I won't sell junk. I live in a small town. Reputation is everything.

Quick Reply: Dont Buy from Ron Carter Cadillac- Buyer Beware