College Station poe-poe

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default College Station poe-poe

I am tired of all these unmarked cop cars in College Station. I saw an unmarked pull over a truck today for not even doing anything.
The car was
A bronze.gold dodge intrepid, no tinted windows, and a few Cb type antennas on the back.
We need to make a list of all the undermarked/undercover cars
Old 04-19-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Make a list with location also.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by red95ssclone
I am tired of all these unmarked cop cars in College Station. I saw an unmarked pull over a truck today for not even doing anything.
The car was
A bronze.gold dodge intrepid, no tinted windows, and a few Cb type antennas on the back.

wow thats pretty crazy, i'll be watching out for him.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:37 PM
FormerVendor

I dunno if this is true but ive heard if u get pulled over by a unmarked cop, u have to call 911 and give them the liscense plate and they tell you if its a cop. If not its considered runnin from a police officer or something..sounds kinna F'ed up if u ask me
Old 04-19-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Regular

Ya because of that guy who impersonated a cop one time. Also they alert the unmarked car that you called it in.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I almost got popped by him out on 6 last night.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

yeah u do not have to pull over for an unmarked police car. all you have to do is turn on your hazards which tells him that you see him. they are required to have a marked unit if you do that. as long as you do not try to lose him or speed away with the lights on your ok.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

umm he has been around foe a while and he is a DICK. i see him sparaticly through the year. i dont know if they have the car out all the time or what. that is the only one i know of that the dps has but you have the cspd ones that they use around town and in apts for parties and such.
the cspd one is a maroon lumina and i think the clear coat on the hood is pealing. it is a piece. other than that the little basterds ride around on the bikes.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

Is that really true about the hazards thing? I had no idea, why is that possibly the rule?
Old 04-19-2005, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

I know the law about unmarked vehicles. But if the guy is gonna be a dick and pull you over for no reason, do you think he is gonna go easy on you when you drive a mile down the road? na, i dont think so, he will make a felony stop on your ***. Ive been pulled over by that same Intrepid, i thought it was a one time thing until i saw him pull over that truck today for no reason.
SO
the unmarked cars for College Station are
1. Gold/bronze Dodge Intrepid, no Markings, A few CB type antennas on the back, no tint, with an ******* inside
2. A maroon Lumina with the clearcoat peeling on the hood.....
Old 04-19-2005, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

yeah he could but he wont most likely. I mean an officer can arrest you for no reason at all. It's in the penal code and is allowed. However after court he will be fired and be help with false arest plus the city will be sued. As long as you put ur lights on and do not show an incease in speed or so forth you are ok. That's my 2 cents from an old HPD retiree who is also my father.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Ginger Hater

I know the law about unmarked vehicles. But if the guy is gonna be a dick and pull you over for no reason, do you think he is gonna go easy on you when you drive a mile down the road? na, i dont think so, he will make a felony stop on your ***. Ive been pulled over by that same Intrepid, i thought it was a one time thing until i saw him pull over that truck today for no reason.
SO
1. Gold/bronze Dodge Intrepid, no Markings, A few CB type antennas on the back, no tint, with an ******* inside
2. A maroon Lumina with the clearcoat peeling on the hood.....
that statement narrows down alot of the CS police...

btw my friend came in town and took the test for the B/CS police departments, and he was saying that CS cops aren't Civil Service, so with his CJ degree he was only gonna get like 600 extra a year. But i got to thinking since there getting crappy pay, is there like incentives/bonuses for more tickets given. I know in Fort Worth, they don't have a quota system(cause my friend only gives out like 2 tickets a year for speeding) but FW is a civil service system, and CS might have a quota system. Hoepfully someone with some knowledge on this will shed some light on it.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Spazdout
that statement narrows down alot of the CS police...

btw my friend came in town and took the test for the B/CS police departments, and he was saying that CS cops aren't Civil Service, so with his CJ degree he was only gonna get like 600 extra a year. But i got to thinking since there getting crappy pay, is there like incentives/bonuses for more tickets given. I know in Fort Worth, they don't have a quota system(cause my friend only gives out like 2 tickets a year for speeding) but FW is a civil service system, and CS might have a quota system. Hoepfully someone with some knowledge on this will shed some light on it.
Not sure about the speeding tickets. I had a lawyer as one of my prof's and he said that the CSPD has a quota system for DWI's. To recieve funds from the government each year, they must give out 15% more DWI's each year. Bullshit if you ask me.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by Laser96WS6
Not sure about the speeding tickets. I had a lawyer as one of my prof's and he said that the CSPD has a quota system for DWI's. To recieve funds from the government each year, they must give out 15% more DWI's each year. Bullshit if you ask me.
I know one of my profs was talking a/b how the Brazos County District Attorney is the poster child for MADD. So he's sorta a hard ball towards it....and im also friends with the deputy DA, so i'll ask him if he knows anything.

-jon
Old 04-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

I think they get a toaster oven if they write more tickets. <shrug>
Old 04-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Laser96WS6

It's only bullshit if, once they reach the 15% needed to get the funding, they let all the other drunks go.

Don't drink and drive.

Mike
Old 04-20-2005, 11:03 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by SidewaysTA
It's only bullshit if, once they reach the 15% needed to get the funding, they let all the other drunks go.

Don't drink and drive.

Mike
I heard today there is legislation going thru that if you don't blow at the scene you can receive up to a 2000 dollar fine.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

and i will give an example of how big of an *** hole he is: i had a guy come to our shop so i could read his tint and write him a letter telling how dark it was. that was the dick heads reason for pulling him over but the real reason was because he pissed the cop off. any ways the tint was beyond legal and you could tell just by looking at it. so the cop gave him a ticket because he said it needed the sticker saying it was legal. i was pissed for the guy because it was taking time out of his job for this B.S. and also because i have had my fair share of tint tickets.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:12 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a ***-head. He sounds like a CSPD Cycle-jockey on steriods. I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for these cars. I don't need another ticket.

Mike
Old 04-21-2005, 01:55 AM
On The Tree

i will chime in, and say that i would like ot know where in the penal code or CCP it says police can arrest for no reason.