I need some help in recovering some money...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 11:13 PM
bbz
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I need some help in recovering some money...

I lost some money to an Ebay seller recently. I would like some help from people who have "spare" ebay names that would like to send a message and help get my money back.

I think this ebayer only_one_true_god needs some help in her auctions. Item # 6531780879 and there is others.

I've emailed her many times and refuses to give me a refund. Your support is greatly appreciated!

thanks.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:13 AM
TECH Regular

File a complaint on her. Ebay will send her an email that she needs to cough up the money. From what I understand, ebay's coverage policy entitles you to a refund unless she gives you your money first. If you went through paypal then you really don't have anything to worry about. They're owned by ebay and I know you're insured with them.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

We need to know a little more, did you mess it up so it can be returned, or what?
Old 06-02-2005, 08:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Don't you just hate it when you buy something from someone like say a 20' car hauler, and then PM them needing a State document signed so that the above mention alleged person could make the transfer so he can get plates on it, and then that person never responds to your PM, I'll help you out, if you help me find this bbz person that I paid a couple thousand dollars to, so we can meet up and take care of this matter.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:56 PM
PiP
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02 WS-6
Don't you just hate it when you buy something from someone like say a 20' car hauler, and then PM them needing a State document signed so that the above mention alleged person could make the transfer so he can get plates on it, and then that person never responds to your PM, I'll help you out, if you help me find this bbz person that I paid a couple thousand dollars to, so we can meet up and take care of this matter.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:52 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

02 WS-6 and bbz, let me know what information you currently have about these people and I might be able to come up with something for you
Old 06-03-2005, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ACW
02 WS-6 and bbz, let me know what information you currently have about these people and I might be able to come up with something for you
Ok here’s the deal, I really don't know what the big deal is, why I can't get no response from him, but it goes as follows:
On August 30, 2004 I bought a 20' car hauler from the guy who started this post ******* ******* AKA bbz, I paid $2300.00 cash for the trailer and picked it up from him, I received a bill of sale and a signed title from him, so I go to the court house with the above mentioned paperwork, and the lady informs me that in addition to those items, I will be needing an "Application For Texas Certificate of Title" form filled out and signed by both parties I was like WTF but blew it off for the time being as I had a couple other trailers in which I could borrow plates from for the time being, so some time passes and on march 3 of this year I PM this ******* ******* informing him of this unfortunate circumstance, and to this day haven't heard from him, I guess I could try and get someone to forge his signature but why should I have too, if this guy is really legit and it's one of those signatures that's kind of unique, but the guy post on here a few times a month, and for some reason wont respond, so I figured I would give him enough time to do the right thing before I started getting pissed, well anyways times up

Last edited by 02 WS-6; 06-07-2005 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok here’s the deal, I really don't know what the big deal is, why I can't get no response from him, but it goes as follows:
On August 30, 2004 I bought a 20' car hauler from the guy who started this post Gerardo Garrido AKA bbz, I paid $2300.00 cash for the trailer and picked it up from him, I received a bill of sale and a signed title from him, so I go to the court house with the above mentioned paperwork, and the lady informs me that in addition to those items, I will be needing an "Application For Texas Certificate of Title" form filled out and signed by both parties I was like WTF but blew it off for the time being as I had a couple other trailers in which I could borrow plates from for the time being, so some time passes and on march 3 of this year I PM this Gerardo Garrido informing him of this unfortunate circumstance, and to this day haven't heard from him, I guess I could try and get someone to forge his signature but why should I have too, if this guy is really legit and it's one of those signatures that's kind of unique, but the guy post on here a few times a month, and for some reason wont respond, so I figured I would give him enough time to do the right thing before I started getting pissed, well anyways times up
Can you apply for a title on a home built trailer. It would be in your name then......
Old 06-03-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by vette
Can you apply for a title on a home built trailer. It would be in your name then......
I'm pretty sure there are several things that I can and will do if needed, the point is this guy needed the money, I gave him what he asked for, and he's avoiding me, yet he continues to want help from people on this site, and I just thought that I would shed some light on my dealings with him, I'm just trying to be a law abiding citizen, and also trying to avoid possible fictitious plate ticket and or possible forgery, since after all, I did buy the damn thing legally, but I'm no punk either, and I will resolve this if needed
Old 06-03-2005, 07:45 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

On August 30, 2004 I bought a 20' car hauler from the guy who started this post Gerardo Garrido AKA bbz, I paid $2300.00 cash for the trailer and picked it up from him, I received a bill of sale and a signed title from him, so I go to the court house with the above mentioned paperwork, and the lady informs me that in addition to those items, I will be needing an "Application For Texas Certificate of Title" form filled out and signed by both parties I was like WTF but blew it off for the time being as I had a couple other trailers in which I could borrow plates from for the time being, so some time passes and on march 3 of this year I PM this Gerardo Garrido informing him of this unfortunate circumstance, and to this day haven't heard from him, I guess I could try and get someone to forge his signature but why should I have too, if this guy is really legit and it's one of those signatures that's kind of unique, but the guy post on here a few times a month, and for some reason wont respond, so I figured I would give him enough time to do the right thing before I started getting pissed, well anyways times up
Dang, sorry to hear that, I hadn't realized your issue was the same guy who started this thread! I won't be helping him out even if I might be able to, then, at least till he gets this straightened out
Old 06-03-2005, 11:02 PM
bbz
TECH Regular

Hey, you said you would get back with me. Sorry, but your last pm didn't seem to clear. I'll pm you with my cell # so I can meet you. Since I never heard back I just thought it was taken care of.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:14 PM
bbz
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ACW
I sold some tickets to this person through Ebay. Another person who thought they won the tickets also sent me money. Well I was trying to do a refund to the second person and mistakenly refunded the money to the person who had the tickets. So, I lost the same amount of money TWICE. Paypal says they can't help me because the person who received the mistaken refund isn't the seller...they can only retrieve money from sellers who screw up.

So this person only_one_true_god won't send the money back. So I need a little help
Old 06-04-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can print the 130-U form (Application for Texas Certificate of Title) from the TxDot website: http://www.dot.state.tx.us/vtr/vtrreginfo.htm?pg=form1

This form is required for all transactions involving transfer of title in Texas.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

that sucks man..i was going to order stuff off ebay but hearing these stories i tihnk ill not do that.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:46 PM
bbz
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1970judge
that sucks man..i was going to order stuff off ebay but hearing these stories i tihnk ill not do that.
Don't get me wrong I've bought alot of stuff from ebay w/no problems...you must buy from someone w/great feedback. My problem was that I tried to refund money(like a good ebay person)to a person and mistakenly refunded to the wrong person. I STILL sent the money to the right person but the bitch who shouldn't have received the money will NOT return the refund.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bbz
Don't get me wrong I've bought alot of stuff from ebay w/no problems...you must buy from someone w/great feedback. My problem was that I tried to refund money(like a good ebay person)to a person and mistakenly refunded to the wrong person. I STILL sent the money to the right person but the bitch who shouldn't have received the money will NOT return the refund.
I did that once, the guys email was some other guys Paypal account. So I sent the money and waited for a few days then asked the guy for any shipping information. He replys with "Well I was kinda waiting for you to pay me first." So I start checking into it and figure out that I sent it to the wrong dude and panic. So I look it up and the other dude hadn't claimed the money, must not have known about it yet, and I was able to reverse it back to me. That was a close one at $200.

Good luck on this one, once a dishonest person has your money it's as good as gone.

Vernon
Old 06-04-2005, 07:32 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Glad to hear the trailer is getting taken care of. Could you let me know what "only_one_true_god" (must not be very Christian if they're taking advantage of your refund error like this ) had for his/her Paypal address and shipping info? Can send a PM if you don't want to post it here.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:52 PM
bbz
TECH Regular

pm'd you the info
Old 06-07-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just an update I have received an PM stating that he misunderstood my original PM, so I will try and contact him again to resolve this matter, also at his request I will remove his real name from my previous post, I will also add for what it's worth, if and when this matter is resolved, I will buy again from this person if he does what's right, and at this point it looks like that's what he's attempting