Can I take defensive driving for 2 tickets in different precincts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 12:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I take defensive driving for 2 tickets in different precincts?

i got a ticket in memorial area (precinct 5?) and one with hpd. was wondering if they pull up the same driving record. i remember once, i know i had a warrant with hpd, but i got pulled over by a constable precinct 5 cop, and didnt say anything about the warrant.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:48 PM
Launching!

texast/a?
Old 09-17-2005, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

defensive driving for one, and deferred ejudication for the other
Old 09-17-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if a constable or sherrif pulls you over a warrant or defensive driving wont show up from the city (HPD). the constable can check you through the city if he really wants to, but it rarely happens
Old 09-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle
if a constable or sherrif pulls you over a warrant or defensive driving wont show up from the city (HPD). the constable can check you through the city if he really wants to, but it rarely happens
Def Driving shows up on driving record, no matter who is checking it....
Old 09-17-2005, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

if they check you with TLETS or DPS the county or state will show up HPD has its own computer base that does NOT share with others systems SETCIC etc i know i werea hpd for 18 yrs sux it did!!
Old 09-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Launching!

here's the thing, i got the 2 tickets within a month. i already asked for def driving for the one from precint5, so i have until november to take the course. the hpd ticket court date is coming up, and i can mail it in requesting defensive driving. neither of them will see anything since i haven't taken the course yet, and the ticket hasn't gone on my record yet either.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

if you've already requested defensive driving, then technically the second time you take it(since each time you take it, it can only be applied toward one ticket) it will show up. so when you go to use it towards the other ticket, it should show up on the system and they should deny you.

take defensive driving once, and def adj for the other, or community service or something gay like that.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
if you've already requested defensive driving, then technically the second time you take it(since each time you take it, it can only be applied toward one ticket) it will show up. so when you go to use it towards the other ticket, it should show up on the system and they should deny you.

take defensive driving once, and def adj for the other, or community service or something gay like that.
Agreed....just try and request the deferred before you take the DD course. This way the other ticket won't be on your record. Good Luck!