Running from the cops..HELP! (Flashback From 2006)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Running from the cops..HELP! (Flashback From 2006)

Just wondering if anyone has gone thought this bullshit. Saturday night I was parting with my buddy, on the way home he told me to punch it to see how my car ran. We were driving on a two lane road. As I was hitting about 90 MPH I meet with a cop driving the other way. I saw him make a u-turn a few sec. later but I floored it into my friend’s neighborhood. With the cop still about ¼ mile away I turned the light off and drove to one of out other friend’s house. The cops drove by and a few minutes later made a u-turn and saw the car. By that time we were hiding in the backyard. The point it I am now getting charged for racing on highway which I never was and evading police or arrest. Have any of you been in this situation. If so what do you think will happen? Let me know what you recommend I do.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Regular

ushoulda pulled into the garage if u were going to run...i would get a lawyer..i dunno man it sounds shitty..but u may get off
Old 06-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Launching!

When you arrive in prison, the trick is to kick someone's *** the first day, or become somebody's bitch. Then everything will be all right.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TXAgZ28
When you arrive in prison, the trick is to kick someone's *** the first day, or become somebody's bitch. Then everything will be all right.
I don't think that's what he wants to hear .
Old 06-14-2006, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Never got caught! Don't amit to anything. It's his work against yours. But your friend will crack.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Dude, you messed up, and you won't get away with it. Just face your actions and admit to them that you were the driver. You live and learn.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Firts thing first, you should have never posted this on the internet. That beeing said I am sure the cop isn't stupid and he obviously saw you pull into the neighborhood which is why he found your car. He probably felt to see if the hood was hot and could tell that you had just parked. I personally think you are screwed. Like said above it's your word against his but the judge will take his side hands down over yours.

I do hope things work out for you though.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Firts thing first, you should have never posted this on the internet.
nothing really wrong with posting it on the internet. its not like he posted his name or the location this happened (except his profile says texas, that really narrows it down)

who knows who this guy is or where it happened.....
Old 06-14-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

i forgot to ask what happened? how did you get caught? did he come in the back yard and find you? he knock on the door and did someone say you were there.
did they start to tow the car and you came out?

also what did you say to him? did you say you had been driving? did you deny everything?

brook
Old 06-14-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Regular

your screwed, just get a lawyer and deal with the consequences..prolly just pay fines n blah blah blah prolly get it deferred and prolly cant get in any trouble in so many months
Old 06-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Banned

You GOT to have a garage door opener and a garage. I got a ticket in Northlake after a 3000GT VR4 passed me on the highway one night, well the dipshit cop, who I hope dies of cancer a day before a relatives wedding, gave me a ticket for going 126 in a 65, I was furious and told him if I was clocked at 126 that I would be doing about 160 about two miles down the road. I guess just deal with it man, get deferred and eat it, .
Old 06-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by aggiez28
nothing really wrong with posting it on the internet. its not like he posted his name or the location this happened (except his profile says texas, that really narrows it down)

who knows who this guy is or where it happened.....
True....but it's a small world. All I am saying if I had some serious charges being thrown against me I wouldn't want to take the chances. i have been pulled over a couple of times by cops who are car enthusiast and after talking to them for a while I find out they are on some of the boards I frequent.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Running from COPS = Bad Idea..........
Old 06-14-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have been pulled over a couple of times by cops who are car enthusiast and after talking to them for a while I find out they are on some of the boards I frequent.
i f i were a cop and someone posted on here abotu a ticket i gave them i would hook them up

ive talked to a few cops on here and most of them would hook up another ls1tech guy

brook
Old 06-14-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bottom line here is for you to get a good lawyer and go from there. You may be stressing about it now, but in a couple of years it will all be a memory.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:24 PM

i have run once and got away i will never do it agian and i swear to that
Old 06-14-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did back in 1975, and pulled into a driveway, shut lights/engine off w/my 69 SS Chevelle, but the State trooper had to u-turn.....young, dumb, and full of C...

(5) years later the first cop I outran (my HS companions Dad was shot and killed by at a liquor store while robbering in progress). Needless to say, they had an APB on me that evening, and was the talk of the day at HS. That is only (1) of many stories, but they never got my license #, and APB stated Black Chevy. I was hauling Azz so he never got a good look before coming after me.

Unfortunately, I doubled back home and got nailed by another K-9 State trooper for spinning wheels. Got off w/warning (impressing a girl). Had (6) empty tall boys in the back seat, but back then you could get away with those sort of stupid tricks.

Got lucky, but I'll never pull a JJ Reddick either (lol)

Last edited by Firehawk526; 06-14-2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:30 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Your going to get know that officer very well, even if you got away, if he knows what the car looks like, expect to get pulled over a lot. My buddy knew some one in high school who was street racing, cop lit them up, they all split, my friend's friend got away but the cop got a good enough look at the car and untill he sold it got pulled over like crazy for every thing and anything
Old 06-14-2006, 11:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blakester
Firts thing first, you should have never posted this on the internet. That beeing said I am sure the cop isn't stupid and he obviously saw you pull into the neighborhood which is why he found your car. He probably felt to see if the hood was hot and could tell that you had just parked. I personally think you are screwed. Like said above it's your word against his but the judge will take his side hands down over yours.

I do hope things work out for you though.
Hey man i am not hiding from them anymore. I was arrested that night, they found me in the back yard. I did tell the cop that i was driving. but now I have no idea what the f*CK i was thinking.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Curveball TECH

Your best option at this point is to get a good *** lawyer. I'm pretty sure that's a felony and you DO NOT want that on your record.

That sucks because the cop didn't even have your plates. You should have parked that bitch and got as far away as possible. The next morning I'd call in a stolen car =-0