Trent green injury!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007 | 06:24 PM
Launching!

Default Trent green injury!

who saw that play? That freaking defensive player for the texans needs to get kicked out of the NFL. Im sorry but if a man is lying there motionless after he just hit you and you go up to him and do that. That show you what kind of people are in the NFL now days. That is someones husband and dad. Even though he alright now, he didnt know that then. Then he still talks **** after the game. Come on! A 190lb quarterback against a 300lb defensive lineman. How was he suppose to hit him...
Old 10-08-2007 | 06:31 PM
TECH Resident

Color me surprised, he played for mickey andrews @ fsu. (He being travis johnson)

Last edited by slmdLS1; 10-08-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-08-2007 | 06:39 PM
Launching!

Not to start a thread argument and I really didnt see what the defensive lineman did after that but I think the Mr. Green could have also put that defensive lineman's career to a screeching halt had he gotten a right hit on his knee caps. You just dont chop block anybody like that as well. However, if you were talking about the defensive lineman's comments, yes it was a little out of order I thought, he could have at least waited till he got out of the hospital to state all of that. I'm still neutral on it though because both of them did wrong.
Old 10-08-2007 | 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

That was a pretty shitty attempt at a block on Green's behalf. He went straight and Johnson's knee when he wasn't even looking. You would be pissed off too if you were chasing after someone and someone blindsides you at the knee. It would be different if Johnson would have seen him coming or if they were going heads up.
Old 10-08-2007 | 06:50 PM
Sex On Wheels

Yea Green definitely did wrong by chopping Johnson. Maybe he shouldn't have talked **** so early, but I know that is someone almost ended my career over some BS like that I'd be ready to talk some **** to.

William
Old 10-08-2007 | 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Apparently the OP has never been cut blocked before. I BLEW MY KNEE OUT the first time because of a shitty block similar to that. It is the most enraging thing you will ever experience on the field.

Now I do agree he should have been an adult and handled it better, but you have no idea that the block was illegal and is career ending. Crazily enough, the injuries were swapped on that play.
Old 10-08-2007 | 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea bad idea to throw a low block and Travis should have went to an official or coach. I seriously don't think he knew he was out. Dude just about had his leg blown up and landed on his head, he was really steamed to say the least.
Old 10-08-2007 | 07:34 PM
On The Tree

It was not a chop block and in-fact the block was a legal block by NFL standards.

According to Jerry Markbreit, former NFL referee, "a chop block is a foul by the offense, in which one offensive player blocks a defensive player in the area of the thigh or lower, while another offensive player blocks the same defensive player high or above the waist."

In this situation, you had a 215 lb. player taking on a 315+ lb player and he did what he had to do within the rules of the game. He made initial contact just above the knee and was in-fact kicked in the helmet by the knee, proving the hit was not a low blow. No flag was thrown.

Until the rules are changed, I saw no issue with the hit.

Johnson acted like an idiot however screaming at a man laying motionless on the field.

Peter King shared this in his Monday column today. It is a series of text messages with Trent Green yesterday followed by King's thoughts:

Here's the exchange:

King to Green, 5:14 p.m.: "peter king here. just texting to wish you well and to say hope you come out of this okay.''

Green to King, 9:06 p.m.: "Will b ok. Not like lst yr. TG.''

King to Green: 9:08 p.m.: "hey -- how about johnson calling your block a malicious hit? feel better. peter.''

(And this is the one I found interesting.)

Green to King, 9:12 p.m.: "He outweighs me by over 100 lbs. Where shld I blk him? TG.''

The bottom line: The only way Green knew he had a chance to get Johnson on the ground was by taking his legs out. In the last few years, defensive linemen have railed against low blocks, feeling that blocks at the knee and below endanger their careers and should be banned. The league hasn't outlawed them despite the annual protests to make them illegal. Defensive players get enraged over this. Offensive players say, in essence, that if it isn't a clip, a defensive lineman should be able to be blocked like other players on the field. And the league has never been able to muster a three-quarters majority to get the block outlawed. Maybe this block will change things, but I doubt it.
Old 10-08-2007 | 07:39 PM
TECH Addict

True, but open field blocks below the waist are illegal. Why do you think that they dont occur on kick returns? Granted Johnson acted wrong, but in the heat of the game and being pissed of because someone tried to potenially end your career isnt wrong, its passion. It was a bad judgement on Greens part and he paid the price for it. He got drilled.
Old 10-08-2007 | 07:44 PM
Launching!

well someone agrees with me....crap!!! It might have been a cheap shot..legal or not. Hes a quarterback just trying to make a play for his team. I dont need to hear all this crap about not knowing what it feels like. I played Nose tackle at 145lbs in high school and was always up against 225 guys. I tore my cartage in my knees and still played the whole year. Heck i played one game before someone told the coaches that my knee was as big as a basketball. Thats not the point!!!!!!! The point is that the guy was lying on the field motionless and he comes pointing his finger saying god only know what. Thats was not mature or professional. You can clearly see the guy is knocked out. Im sure he would have felt bad if the guy was dead and he was pointing his finger....
Old 10-08-2007 | 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

You're retarded if you think he should be kicked out of the NFL for screaming at someone.

In the heat of the moment, he felt the block was cheap. His yelling was in bad taste and he has admitted that.

CHEAP was when the Miami defender (was it Jason Taylor?) "sacked" Schaub from behind about 3 seconds after the whistle was blown (1st quarter).
Old 10-08-2007 | 08:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by -Ross-
You're retarded if you think he should be kicked out of the NFL for screaming at someone.

In the heat of the moment, he felt the block was cheap. His yelling was in bad taste and he has admitted that.

CHEAP was when the Miami defender (was it Jason Taylor?) "sacked" Schaub from behind about 3 seconds after the whistle was blown (1st quarter).
yes thats is a little retarded...but it shows what kind of human being he is!

If anyone want to know what is wrong with this world, just read these replies.
Old 10-08-2007 | 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by johnson7454
yes thats is a little retarded...but it shows what kind of human being he is!

If anyone want to know what is wrong with this world, just read these replies.
is on the way.
Old 10-08-2007 | 08:19 PM
TECH Regular

video of hit????
Old 10-08-2007 | 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member
10 Year Member20 Year Member

http://www.faniq.com/video/Trent-Gre...2/sport_recent

There is the video
Old 10-08-2007 | 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

green tried a cheap block and he got what he deserved...Not saying im glad he got hurtbut def could have ended the texans career is 2 seconds....After the play he got up out of pure emotion and started screaming...I bet he didnt even see geen on the ground not moving...He only looked at him for like 2 seconds.
Old 10-08-2007 | 08:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Um, that wasn't a chop block, nor is it illegal.

A "Chop" block is when a defensive lineman has an offensive lineman stood up, then a LB or DB comes in and takes out his legs. This leaves him defenseless and results in injuries at an extremely high rate. What Trent Green did is legal.

Not a smart play by Green, and it's understandable that Travis Johnson would have a bit of adrenaline running through him as the play went down. If you look at it from Travis' perspective, one minute he's running full blast to the right, stops, reverses field, sucks in a big gulp of air, and starts running back the other direction at full speed. Only before he realizes it, he's upside down and lands on his head. Of course he's gonna be fired up after that. Who wouldn't?! I'm sure had he known Trent was seriously hurt he wouldn't have done it, but there was no way for him to know that at the time.

Also, for those of you who are arguing in this thread, but haven't ever played a contact sport like football, try to keep your comments simple. Travis Johnson weighs 300+ lbs, and Trent Green weighs about 200. There is one way for Trent to block Travis, especially when he's running at full speed (which is MUCH faster than you might think), and thats by taking him low. If he were to hit him high he would have been destroyed.

Trent undoubtedly tried to make the block with his shoulder pads and didn't get it right. It's nobodies fault, really. It's just part of the game when played on the highest level. It looks like Trent will be fine and all will be right with the world.
Old 10-08-2007 | 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
True, but open field blocks below the waist are illegal. Why do you think that they dont occur on kick returns?
Incorrect.

You would be correct if it were a receiver down field. This was a QB in the backfield and inside of the tackles.

Rule number 7 below most closely describes your arguement, but because Trent Green was inside of the initial tackle box when he hit Travis Johnson, the hit was legal.

Below are the rules of the NFL that govern blocking by an offensive player.

1. Chucking: Warding off an opponent who is in front of a defender by contacting him with a quick extension of arm or arms, followed by the return of arm(s) to a flexed position, thereby breaking the original contact.

2. Clipping: Throwing the body across the back of an opponent’s leg or hitting him from the back below the waist while moving up from behind unless the opponent is a runner or the action is in close line play.

3. Close Line Play: The area between the positions normally occupied by the offensive tackles, extending three yards on each side of the line of scrimmage. It is legal to clip above the knee.

4. Crackback: Eligible receivers who take or move to a position more than two yards outside the tackle may not block an opponent below the waist if they then move back inside to block.

7. An offensive player who lines up more than two yards outside his own tackle or a player who, at the snap, is in a backfield position and subsequently takes a position more than two yards outside a tackle may not clip an opponent anywhere nor may he contact an opponent below the waist if the blocker is moving toward the ball and if contact is made within an area five yards on either side of the line. (crackback)
Old 10-08-2007 | 11:44 PM
Banned

HAHAHA !!! kicked out of the NFL !?!?!? this kid if ****** delirious....

i'll come to Johnson's defense and say he had no idea how badly he was hurt...but trent green is a ***** and deserves to get his head ripped off like he did...he threw his whole body at Johnson's legs when he wasn't looking...he tried to play the hero and come up big for his team...he shoulda just lowerd his shoulder into his gut...

good thing we actuially still have johnson as opposed to green still tossing his old 37 year old *** around a field he has no business on...his career is done...any more of those shots and he'll be just like Muhammad Ali...
Old 10-09-2007 | 12:30 AM
12 Second Club

I just saw the video... Looks like a borderline cheap shot but I guess its ok. I wish I could see the **** talking after the play, but I dont think Johnson should get in any bit of trouble.